False Testimony by President of Texas Chapter of Mom’s Dema

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 4

Re: False Testimony by President of Texas Chapter of Mom’s D

Post by mojo84 »

She needs to be careful. The data just may come to light in response to her lies. When that happens, her and the other anti gun nut's cause will take a big hit.

She'd be totally shocked, not that she'd admit it, if she saw the chl data compared to that of LEO's.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 3

Post by C-dub »

TomsTXCHL wrote:This is being called perjury here, but on what basis:
TexasFirearmsCoalition.com wrote:Kelly Burke falsely testified that there are no statistics regarding crimes by Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees. That was a real whopper!

Ms. Burke’s statement is demonstrably untrue and she either knew it or should have known it.
If she didn't know it, then is it perjury? IOW if she only demonstrated she didn't know the facts, or was perhaps misled by a supporter/staffer, then I dunno that it's perjury.

The rap against Bush was that "he lied" about Saddam's WOMD, when it seems instead that no one knew the truth at the time (though Saddam was certainly BRAGGING that it was the truth).
As I see it, her problem is that she claimed it is completely locked down, implying that she's tried to find it but was unable to due to it being locked down. Since we know that is false, she was either lying in that she never even looked and assumed it was locked down or had looked and didn't like what she found and tried to claim that it wasn't out there.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

SA-TX
Posts in topic: 1

Post by SA-TX »

C-dub wrote:
TomsTXCHL wrote:This is being called perjury here, but on what basis:
TexasFirearmsCoalition.com wrote:Kelly Burke falsely testified that there are no statistics regarding crimes by Texas Concealed Handgun Licensees. That was a real whopper!

Ms. Burke’s statement is demonstrably untrue and she either knew it or should have known it.
If she didn't know it, then is it perjury? IOW if she only demonstrated she didn't know the facts, or was perhaps misled by a supporter/staffer, then I dunno that it's perjury.

The rap against Bush was that "he lied" about Saddam's WOMD, when it seems instead that no one knew the truth at the time (though Saddam was certainly BRAGGING that it was the truth).
As I see it, her problem is that she claimed it is completely locked down, implying that she's tried to find it but was unable to due to it being locked down. Since we know that is false, she was either lying in that she never even looked and assumed it was locked down or had looked and didn't like what she found and tried to claim that it wasn't out there.
Unlike Congress which meets every year and frequently, the Texas Legislature doesn't have the luxury of time. I suspect this explains the "everyone gets their say" approach even if some testimony may not be completely accurate. Looking at the big picture, it won't matter because Alice & others have made sure members know that the data are available and how good the analysis of it is for CHLers.

SA-TX

v7a
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by v7a »

Now also covered by Breitbart: LEADER OF ANTI-GUN GROUP MAY HAVE LIED DURING TEXAS SENATE TESTIMONY
Breitbart Texas reached out to Sen. Brandon Creighton (R-Conroe), another committee member who co-authored SB 11 and co-sponsored SB 17, for comment. Creighton told Breitbart Texas that he had reviewed the DPS data and said that he was “content” about the trustworthiness of CHL holders after seeing “how law-abiding Texas CHL holders have been over the last two decades.”
Both SB 11 and SB 17 now head to the full Senate for debate, where it is expected to reach the floor for a vote and pass, especially now that only 19 Senators are needed to bring a bill to a vote under the new rules passed by the Senate this year.

Many expect the real hurdle to be in the House. Creighton told Breitbart Texas that he was encouraged that State Rep. Larry Phillips, the author of the House version of SB 11, already had “70 co-authors and climbing,” with 76 votes needed to pass. A campus carry bill was passed in the House during last session, when Creighton was a State Representative himself, and he said that would make it easier to pass again, since the issues had already been vetted by the House with full hearings and a floor debate. The open carry bill, having not been heard in the House before, will be harder to predict.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I'm cautiously optimistic.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

I'm cautiously optimistic.

XinTX

Post by XinTX »

I'm getting this info out there every way I can. But remember, these progressives have no shame. Even when their lies are exposed, they'll just harupmph some apology and repeat the lie with a little different phrasing. Keep the sunlight on the infection.
“Public safety is always the first cry of the tyrant.” - Lord Gladstone

joelamosobadiah

Post by joelamosobadiah »

NRA put out the Breitbart link on their Facebook page as well today. :thumbs2:

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”