Re: HB308

Post by BeanCounter »

Parkland Hospital... perfect reason enough to allow concealed carry :shock:
TSRA Life Member

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TVGuy »

BeanCounter wrote:Parkland Hospital... perfect reason enough to allow concealed carry :shock:
Most dangerous place in town. :shock:

K5GU
Posts in topic: 6

Post by K5GU »

BeanCounter wrote:Parkland Hospital... perfect reason enough to allow concealed carry :shock:
Yes. At Parkland, whether I was a visitor or a patient, I wouldn't take my handgun. I'd take my shotgun!
Life is good.

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

Why doesn't anybody correct these idiots who think churches and amusement parks are still statutorily restricted? And that HB308 doesn't even change anything for them and won't prevent them from posting 30.06? Unbelievable how utterly ignorant the antis are.

treadlightly
Posts in topic: 2

Post by treadlightly »

With great respect for those of the cloth opposing HB308, I'm reminded of something a close friend once said, reconciling an armed life with Christian values, "The sermon on the mount was delivered to an armed audience." Staves and knives, certainly, and given David's duel, I suppose slings were in use.

Jason K
Banned
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Jason K »

TVGuy wrote:
Even President Kennedy would rather die than go there......

K5GU

Post by K5GU »

Springer does a good job in his closing remarks for this bill, eh?
Life is good.

TVGuy

Post by TVGuy »

Jason K wrote:
TVGuy wrote:
Even President Kennedy would rather die than go there......
Now that was a good one.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 21

Post by RoyGBiv »

redacted
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

cowhow
Posts in topic: 10

Post by cowhow »

Now that this bill has been left pending in committee what are the chances it's going to die there? I didn't get a chance to watch the hearing today, but did I read correctly that preachers and clergy were opposing this bill? That's odd to me since I've brought many a sermon with a S&W on my hip. Maybe some of you who have a better understanding of this bill can educate me, but I don't see what's in it to oppose. Do i understand correctly that, although this bill expands our carry rights, it does not override 30.06?

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

Maybe some of the regular folks are falling into the trap that new CHLs do, not reading through to the bottom of the prohibited places section where the section was amended so that churches, hospitals, amusement parks, etc can prohibit concealed carry by posting 30.06. Obviously hospitals and amusement parks are already aware of this. Maybe churches aren't?
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

cowhow wrote:Now that this bill has been left pending in committee what are the chances it's going to die there? I didn't get a chance to watch the hearing today, but did I read correctly that preachers and clergy were opposing this bill? That's odd to me since I've brought many a sermon with a S&W on my hip. Maybe some of you who have a better understanding of this bill can educate me, but I don't see what's in it to oppose. Do i understand correctly that, although this bill expands our carry rights, it does not override 30.06?
Correct, 30.06 would still be in effect. HB 308 would remove most of the "off-limits by statute" places.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MeMelYup »

TexasCajun wrote:Maybe some of the regular folks are falling into the trap that new CHLs do, not reading through to the bottom of the prohibited places section where the section was amended so that churches, hospitals, amusement parks, etc can prohibit concealed carry by posting 30.06. Obviously hospitals and amusement parks are already aware of this. Maybe churches aren't?
Churches are aware of 30.06. They don't want the ugly sign cluttering up their landscaping and out of sight is out of mind. If you can't see it what is there to complain about?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 11

Post by mojo84 »

MeMelYup wrote:
TexasCajun wrote:Maybe some of the regular folks are falling into the trap that new CHLs do, not reading through to the bottom of the prohibited places section where the section was amended so that churches, hospitals, amusement parks, etc can prohibit concealed carry by posting 30.06. Obviously hospitals and amusement parks are already aware of this. Maybe churches aren't?
Churches are aware of 30.06. They don't want the ugly sign cluttering up their landscaping and out of sight is out of mind. If you can't see it what is there to complain about?
Many have also chosen to not make their congregants and members helpless sitting ducks.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jerry_r60
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jerry_r60 »

mojo84 wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:
Many have also chosen to not make their congregants and members helpless sitting ducks.
I've sat in many business meetings and I've never even heard it come up. It's not been conscious choice to protect the congregation and its not been a conscious choice to avoid the ugly sign. I think it's simply been a matter of out of site, out of mind. No one has perceived an issue that needed to be discussed.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”