denton city council plans to lobby against OC

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
paxton25
Posts in topic: 2

denton city council plans to lobby against OC

Post by paxton25 »

Here you go, in what I thought was a relatively conservative part of Texas the city of Denton has declared they will lobby the legislature next session for several anti Liberty agendas including opposing open carry in "municipality owned facilities" You know, what we normally call public property. If you are a Denton resident please contact the city council to tell them not to interfere.

x Oppose legislation that further restricts a city’s ability to implement a photographic red
light enforcement system to use cameras at traffic lights and impose a civil penalty for
running the light.
x Oppose legislation that would allow open-carry firearms in municipally-owned facilities.
x Oppose legislation that would restrict a city’s authority to use license plate readers by law
enforcement agencies.

http://rodenfordenton.com/wp/wp-content ... 5-copy.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is the contact form for the mayor and council members http://www.cityofdenton.com/Home/Compon ... f5924f/215" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

anygunanywhere
Posts in topic: 4

Re: denton city council plans to lobby against OC

Post by anygunanywhere »

They recently outlawed the practice of fracturing underground geological formations to increase oil production. The forum filter won't let me use the word _______.

Denton wants to out liberal Austin. The cancer spreads.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 1

Post by ajwakeboarder »

It's UNT. It's a super liberal college. My girlfriend attends. I make a point to wear some sort of "freedom" shirt any time I go visit her. Some of the stories she has told me about some of her fellow students make me worry for the future of our country.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Topic author
paxton25

Post by paxton25 »

anygunanywhere wrote:They recently outlawed the practice of fracturing underground geological formations to increase oil production. The forum filter won't let me use the word _______.

Denton wants to out liberal Austin. The cancer spreads.
now that's funny right there, I was wondering what was left out.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

ajwakeboarder wrote:It's UNT. It's a super liberal college. My girlfriend attends. I make a point to wear some sort of "freedom" shirt any time I go visit her. Some of the stories she has told me about some of her fellow students make me worry for the future of our country.

Don't worry. UNT grads don't go on to run anything. ;-) :mrgreen:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

howdy

Post by howdy »

mojo84 wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote:It's UNT. It's a super liberal college. My girlfriend attends. I make a point to wear some sort of "freedom" shirt any time I go visit her. Some of the stories she has told me about some of her fellow students make me worry for the future of our country.

I did not attend UNT nor do I know any grads but they do have a LARGE education school and an outstanding music school. They mold MANY young minds.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

howdy wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

I did not attend UNT nor do I know any grads but they do have a LARGE education school and an outstanding music school. They corrupt MANY young minds.
FTFY
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

howdy wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

I did not attend UNT nor do I know any grads but they do have a LARGE education school and an outstanding music school. They corrupt MANY young minds.
FTFY

gsansing

Post by gsansing »

Doesn't surprise me at all. They want to put Austin in their shadow as the most liberal city in Texas. I love the wording..." Muncipaility Owned buildings. I guess that's liberal pig Latin for public property.
My wife says I'm a gun snob.... I'm okay with that.
Life is too short to own cheap guns...
NRA Member / TSRA Member

paperchunker

Post by paperchunker »

anygunanywhere wrote:
howdy wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

FTFY
You all are horribly misinformed. I know a few UNT grads. 1 is Managing General Partner of a large accounting firm, 1 is the retired CFO of a major airline. :nono:
NRA/LTC Instructor
NRA Patriot Life- Endowment Member

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

paperchunker wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
howdy wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

FTFY
You all are horribly misinformed. I know a few UNT grads. 1 is Managing General Partner of a large accounting firm, 1 is the retired CFO of a major airline. :nono:
Lighten up. It was a joke. See the little winky face and the green smiley face. Geez!!!
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

paperchunker wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
howdy wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

FTFY
I thought aggies were sensitive….. :rolll

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

anygunanywhere wrote:
paperchunker wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:
howdy wrote:
mojo84 wrote:

FTFY
I thought aggies were sensitive….. :rolll
They usually get over it when they hear "Good morning Boss" :biggrinjester:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

The City of Denton is more interested in gathering Revenue from it's "subjects" than anything else. I don't believe they're against OC, just OC in City buildings unless I missed something in the link...

(Oppose legislation that would allow open-carry firearms in municipally-owned facilities.)
III

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

If the city of Denton was pro-revenue, they'd cut red tape for fracturing, instead of attempting to ban it. Oil brings in BIG bucks.

No, this smacks of CA/NY-style nanny-state "know better than you because I'm better" insistence on ever-increasing gov't control on what is supposed to be a free populace.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”