MN: Self defense shooting trial built on gun control bumper sticker

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jusme
Posts in topic: 2

Re: MN: Self defense shooting trial built on gun control bumper sticker

Post by Jusme »

The Annoyed Man wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:40 am
And it is exactly for reasons like this that I think we are ultimately headed for some kind of violent showdown between the left and everyone else. They no longer know when to back off, and they lack the moral filters necessary to coexistence. We’re going to end up in an existential fight for our most fundamental rights, and literal self-preservation.
:iagree:

And I think one of the main reasons, the left is in such fear of those us on the right, is because there are so many of us, that they can't get a handle on.
The weekend Rambo, in your face, armed to the teeth, to go to Walmart crowd, is easy to spot, and work around, and use as fodder for more restrictions. It's those of us, that look, act, and comport normally, but who are ready ,willing and able, to defend our precious liberties, that scare the bejesus out of them, because we don't wear our feelings on our sleeves. JMHO
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

twomillenium
Posts in topic: 1

Post by twomillenium »

MN. is a blue state. I hear rumors of prosecution merely because of ammo name or bumper stickers etc. etc. Very few (only one other?) of these have I heard of and the one before this, was found not guilty. I have heard of no prosecution in "red" states because of decals or stickers. ( not saying that there are none, just saying all the ones that I have heard of occurred in blue states.) As far as bumper stickers go, I have had my truck/s broken into or stolen 3 times, the last one being December 29 1997. I have not had my truck/s broken into since I did put pro gun or 2nd amendment bumper stickers on my truck/s in January 1998. None of the decals or stickers were name calling or offensive in nature, except to maybe some snowflakes that probably had to told by someone else that they should be offended.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

BeanCounter
Posts in topic: 1

Post by BeanCounter »

The other day I was digging around in my big box of bumper stickers, pins, etc. and came across my very first NRA-ILA pin. It was for helping to pass the 1986 McClure-Volkmer Act some thirty plus years ago (ok now I’m feeling a bit old).

Rest assured, I have amassed enough pro 2A stickers to vinyl wrap several cars, but I only display 3 – NRA, TSRA and a Texas with a blue line. If you stand up for something in public, you will risk the publics scorn. We certainly live in interesting times, but I have to wonder would the political environment be any different if there were six million vehicles on the road with NRA bumper stickers.
TSRA Life Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

BeanCounter wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:24 pm The other day I was digging around in my big box of bumper stickers, pins, etc. and came across my very first NRA-ILA pin. It was for helping to pass the 1986 McClure-Volkmer Act some thirty plus years ago (ok now I’m feeling a bit old).

Rest assured, I have amassed enough pro 2A stickers to vinyl wrap several cars, but I only display 3 – NRA, TSRA and a Texas with a blue line. If you stand up for something in public, you will risk the publics scorn. We certainly live in interesting times, but I have to wonder would the political environment be any different if there were six million vehicles on the road with NRA bumper stickers.
I hear what you're saying, but i'm not convinced that a civil society is possible any longer. So not putting stickers on my car and not wearing logo clothing is my version of a political gillie suit.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”