IL: Chicago man shoots would-be robber (+1)

This is the forum for self-defense stories and reports, whether yours or those of others.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

IL: Chicago man shoots would-be robber (+1)

Post by ELB »

Yet another 67yo refuses to be a victim. I believe this is a different from the other 67yo I posted about a few minutes ago. Don't mess with 67-year-olds. They will shoot your kiester.

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2019/05/prose ... bbing.html
A woman went to collect her final pay from a 67yo florist shop owner. She was accompanied by two chuckleheads. I know they were chuckleheads because they started beating the florist, said “We’re gonna take all of it” and pulled $869 from the florist's pants. The florist then escaped from the chuckleheads, got a gun from a vehicle, and shot one of the chuckleheads four times while the woman and chucklehead #2 fled, #2 later turning himself in. Chucklehead #1 collapsed nearby and was taken to the hospital. The florist was treated for bruises and swelling. The chuckleheads are charged with aggravated robbery and are held without bail.

"Chicago police this morning confirmed that no charges are being sought against the victim."
USAF 1982-2005

crazy2medic
Posts in topic: 1

Re: IL: Chicago man shoots would-be robber (+1)

Post by crazy2medic »

Chuckleheads typically don't have a very long life expectancy!
Government, like fire is a dangerous servant and a fearful master
If you ain't paranoid you ain't paying attention
Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war let it begin here- John Parker

Topic author
ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Re: IL: Chicago man shoots would-be robber (+1)

Post by ELB »

Insufficient information. The short article does not say.
There is a big difference between:
- the victim being chased to his vehicle where he continued his self-defense by use of firearm
and
- the victim going outside, retrieving a firearm and returning to finish them off.

I hope it isn't he latter because while I do root for him, he might end up in jail for life.
Self-defense is used to stop an ongoing threat. Not to vindicate oneself after the threat ceased to exist.
I don't like crooks, I am not a libtard, I am just implying that one needs to be careful about what one tells the police and one cannot have witnesses if one takes justice into one's own hands.

Be careful out there.
ELB wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 5:07 pm ...

"Chicago police this morning confirmed that no charges are being sought against the victim."
USAF 1982-2005

Return to “Self-Defense Reports”