2017 Tex. Leg. Session forum is open

This forum will be open on Sept. 1, 2016.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

TrueFlog
Posts in topic: 1

Re: 2017 Tex. Leg. Session forum is open

Post by TrueFlog »

Vol Texan wrote:
  • I'd like 30.06 and 30.07 signs carry the same force of law that 'no shirt, no shoes, no service' signs do - which is none. I feel the business owner should have full right to expel anyone he/she wants from the business, for any valid reason, but the sign alone shouldn't have criminal force behind it.
I don't think it will happen, but I would really like to see this implemented. Many other states have this kind of legislation (including Oklahoma), and it's working well for them. And as we all know, the current approach does nothing to keep Texans safer.

oohrah
Posts in topic: 3

Post by oohrah »

carlson1 wrote:
oohrah wrote:I want to carry where a LEO can carry.
:iagree: with everything other than courts.
Why? If you start allowing exceptions, then someone will start a list. If a LEO can carry in a court, why can't a law abiding license holder (who is not the defendant in a criminal case)?
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

oohrah wrote:
carlson1 wrote:
oohrah wrote:I want to carry where a LEO can carry.
:iagree: with everything other than courts.
Why? If you start allowing exceptions, then someone will start a list. If a LEO can carry in a court, why can't a law abiding license holder (who is not the defendant in a criminal case)?
what about the parent of a murdered child? what about the lover of a murder victim? you see where that can go...(I'm not saying it would, I'm saying this is what would be used as the an argument against it and it would work)
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

oohrah
Posts in topic: 3

Post by oohrah »

there you go - a list has been started. keep adding , and we'll be back where we started.

My point - we either are trusted to carry responsibly, or we are not.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

nightmare69

Post by nightmare69 »

Make 06/07 signs have no force of law but you can still be asked to leave. It's worked well in other states and it's time for Texas to catch up.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

Return to “2017 Texas Legislative Session”