Spell Check

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
CHL/LEO
Posts in topic: 2

Spell Check

Post by CHL/LEO »

Is there a way to enable or add a Spell Check function for my postings? It may already be there but I'm just overlooking it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
"Conflict is inevitable; Combat is an option."

Life Member - NRA/TSRA/GOA

Wildscar
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Spell Check

Post by Wildscar »

CHL/LEO wrote:Is there a way to enable or add a Spell Check function for my postings? It may already be there but I'm just overlooking it.

I normally just open a word document and type it out and use that spell checker then cut and paste back in to the message body. It might be another step but if its cant be added to the forum then its another way to make sure you spell right. :lol:
Wildscar
"Far Better it is to dare mighty things than to take rank with those poor, timid spirits who know neither victory nor defeat." Theodore Roosevelt 1899
Beretta 92FS
Holster Review Resource
Project One Million:Texas - Click here and Join NRA Today!

NcongruNt

Re: Spell Check

Post by NcongruNt »

CHL/LEO wrote:Is there a way to enable or add a Spell Check function for my postings? It may already be there but I'm just overlooking it.

I use Firefox, which has a built-in spell check that will check anything I'm typing in a browser. Also, Firefox > IE, for many reason including security and features/ease of use.

Topic author
CHL/LEO
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CHL/LEO »

I use Firefox, which has a built-in spell check that will check anything I'm typing in a browser. Also, Firefox > IE, for many reason including security and features/ease of use.
Works great - thanks for the heads up!
"Conflict is inevitable; Combat is an option."

Life Member - NRA/TSRA/GOA

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

phpbb software (bulletin board/forum) doesn't have a spell-checker feature. I looked at some mods, they none appeared to work too well.

I was hoping Ver. 3.0 would have it, but it doesn't look like that will be included.

Chas.

ElGato

Post by ElGato »

:sad: Sure slow's me down, it's been so long since I've written anything I have to look up every other word. :oops:
http://www.tomestepshooting.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I'm better at retirement than anything I have ever tried. Me
Young People pratice to get better, Old folk's pratice to keep from getting WORSE. Me

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Try this IE add on - - - http://www.iespell.com I've been using it for several years and it is great.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”