Motorcycle subforum

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

bayouhazard
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Motorcycle subforum

Post by bayouhazard »

Looking at posts in Off Topic, I get the impression a Guitar subforum and a BBQ subforum would get at least as many posts as a Motorcycle subforum. :biggrinjester:

74novaman
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 74novaman »

Keith B wrote: With that said, i really don't think we would be wanting to add another section for an outside interest. When you add one, then it It leads to others wanting a section for knitting, animal husbandry, etc. LOL

So, I would say start a topic in the off-topic section to discuss these types of things. :thumbs2:
That makes sense to me. I may start a "project car" thread in Off topic then. :cool:
TANSTAAFL

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I would go for a bike section.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

RHenriksen wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Most of the bike forums I've been on have a gun subforum. Any interest in a bike sub forum? Plan rides, meets, and tech issues. Get together and wrench on bikes?

I'm acquiring tools like crazy. I'm trying to get a track bike soon, and will get a lift with it.
I suspected that was you @ WFO ;-)

I have a GSXR that I started tracking (occasionally...) last summer. First time out was at TWS, then Barber, then MSR-H. I signed up w. RideSmart to do Barber again this August; not sure when I'll fit in other track days yet this year :-( Although there is a one-day event at Colin Edwards' Texas Tornado Boot Camp I signed up for April 8 - check out the events section on MotoHouston, my first time getting to slide around in the dirt! :anamatedbanana

thats not what I heard, Laurie( Mala) says you slide in the dirt real well

RHenriksen
Posts in topic: 2

Post by RHenriksen »

JP171 wrote:thats not what I heard, Laurie( Mala) says you slide in the dirt real well
:confused5 I have to think I'm either pre-coffee, or you guys have me confused w. someone else? I haven't had an off at the track (well, on a motorcycle, anyway...) and haven't been to one of Brandy's country mud puddle parties. What am I missing, besides the joke?
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

tommyg

Post by tommyg »

I have a Sportster
N.R.A. benefactor Member :tiphat: Please Support the N.R.A. :patriot:

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

Keith B wrote:As a response from a Mod, this is just my thoughts on the sub-forum:

We have talked about other types of additional interest forums in the past, but do to the level of moderation on this forum, we have always tried to curtail the amount of areas required to moderate.

With that said, i really don't think we would be wanting to add another section for an outside interest. When you add one, then it It leads to others wanting a section for knitting, animal husbandry, etc. LOL

So, I would say start a topic in the off-topic section to discuss these types of things. :thumbs2:
:iagree:

And I'd also submit that we shouldn't keep adding posts here that are motorcycle-subforum related.

After all, this is the Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions category. ;-)
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”