Thanks, Charles!

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RatMan
Posts in topic: 2

Thanks, Charles!

Post by RatMan »

Just wanted to say thanks for taking the time and effort to bring this forum to life.
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus Model 617TBC .357mag
Taurus .45 Millennium Pro
Taurus .380 Millennium
American Derringer .45ACP

gil m
Posts in topic: 1

Question & Suggestion

Post by gil m »

Looks good Chas.

I assume you fixed the time thing? I know DFW folks think they're ahead of us folks to the south but you aren't letting them post in the future, are you? :)

Topic author
RatMan

Re: Question & Suggestion

Post by RatMan »

gnm98 wrote:Looks good Chas.

I assume you fixed the time thing? I know DFW folks think they're ahead of us folks to the south but you aren't letting them post in the future, are you? :)
Hey, I used to live in that God forsaken place named, Hoston... Does that count? :)
XD9 SC
Para C7.45
CZ RAMI
SA Champion 1911
SA Micro Compact 1911
S&W 1911
S&W Model 60 .357Mag
Taurus Model 415 .41mag
Taurus Model 617TBC .357mag
Taurus .45 Millennium Pro
Taurus .380 Millennium
American Derringer .45ACP

1Shot

Post by 1Shot »

Thanks Charles! I'm a long time lurker on a lot of the forums but this is the first time I have posted. Hope this forum stays busy!

dws1117
Posts in topic: 4

Post by dws1117 »

I have to echo the others and thank you for putting forth the effort that goes into a forum.

bobrogers

Post by bobrogers »

I also want to thank you for putting this together. Great Job!! :D
Bob Rogers
--------------------
Glocks 19, 21, 30, 34 (2) gotta luv em!
AR15 DPMS
IDPA
GSSF
Master of Space and Time

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Thanks guys

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

I really appreciate the kind words guys, but I must say ya'll (hey, this is Texas) are sneaky! You know one "Atta Boy"is good for another six months of volunteer work.

Seriously, I do appreciate the comments and I would like to thank all of you who have joined TexasCHLforum.com. I may have put this site on line, but it is your input and efforts that will make it a success.

Have a happy and safe New Year!
Chas.

Lindy

Post by Lindy »

Charles is entirely too modest. Aside from serving on the NRA Board of Directors, with the committment of time and money that involves, he's also usually the first guy to arrive and the last guy to leave the monthly IDPA match at PSC, where I am a member. It's a truism of organizational behaviour that 80 percent of the work is done by 20 percent of the membership, and Charles is a fine example of those who are leading the way.

And he's also fun to be around - like the time he tried to speed load his 1911 with a cell phone, during a match!

So, thanks, Charles for yet another contribution to the shooting sports, and Happy New Year!
"Amateurs practice until they can do it right. Professionals practice until they cannot do it wrong." -- John Farnam

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

And he's also fun to be around - like the time he tried to speed load his 1911 with a cell phone, during a match!
That is just too funny. How long did it take for the laughter to die down enough to continue?

Lindy

Post by Lindy »

We're still laughing - we check his belt every match to see where his phone is. And I learned a valuable lesson from that - don't put stuff on your belt which your hand might encounter on the way to the magazine. My Leatherman and flashlight, when I have them on my belt, are behind my spare magazine. In a match, it was hilarious. It wouldn't be quite so funny on the street.
"Amateurs practice until they can do it right. Professionals practice until they cannot do it wrong." -- John Farnam

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

In a match, it was hilarious. It wouldn't be quite so funny on the street.
So true.

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

BTW, if you video your matches? I'm sure some would pay to see that. :lol:

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Blooper reel?

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

dws1117 wrote:BTW, if you video your matches? I'm sure some would pay to see that. :lol:
I wish we had videotaped our matches. You could make a training film from my bloopers alone! And the cell phone reload had to be one of my best. I went around for a month with a floppy antenna, just as a reminder that people really can do some colossally stupid things when under pressure. Had I not done it, I would have never believed you could mistake a cell phone for a mag! One thing about it though, when people think a 55 year old guy can't be quick, I tell I'm fast enough try to speed load a cell phone before I realize what it is I have in my hand. Of course, the follow up question is always "was it the speed of your arm, or your brain, that was the cause?"

We do see some really funny things during many of our matches. I write a match report that is posted on our IDPA web site along with the scores for that month. Prior to the separate IDPA building being finished, I used to spend a lot more time in the bays looking for material for the Match Report. (At that time, I did all scoring at home.) We had some really great stories in some of those reports. A goodly number of them were about my performance, or lack thereof.

Lindy, I really miss playing reporter and documenting some of our more interesting events. Maybe I can talk Marc into doing some of the scoring during the match, so I can search for more people to highlight in the Match Report. Thanks for the laugh my friend!

Regards,
Chas.

Baytown

Post by Baytown »

With Charles acting as reporter and documenting all the bloopers, you did not really have to shoot well to get your name in the match report.

It is a good time, like when you have an example of every type of malfunction with a P7 all in one stage.

Sorry I'm so late posting on this, I'm trying to catch up on all the post.

Glenn

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”