Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

AR 10 barrel grip

Post by powerboatr »

Been toying around the idea of adding a magpul m-lok grip for the barrel
https://magpul.com/m-lok-mvg-moe-vertic ... _color=118

i dont have any buddies around close with one so i am looking for good bad and uglies

the AR10 is heavy, my thinking the grip will make it easier to hold with a bit more control. I normally shoot it from the prone position but at the range its gettign harder to lay prone and enjoy the range from all the new concrete benches they put in. I have to lay in between them. its weird and make me feel like i am shooting form a Hide :shock:
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

C-dub
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AR 10 barrel grip

Post by C-dub »

Consider you might like a short adjustable mono or bipod up front rather than just holding it with you hand.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I have one on my 20” /A4 clone. It’s a KAC Vertical Grip unit, since the rifle has a KAC M5 Rifle RAS Forend Assembly. IMO, it makes the longer rifle much more manageable. That vertical grip will work on any piece of pic rail, and it’s very easy to mount/remove.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

i have a short bi pod that is adjustable to around 12"
it works great in prone position and using a table while sitting
the stag arms i have is heavy, IMO and i wiggle a bit from old age :shock: looking at a helper
thanks guys
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”