Tandemkross trigger upgrade for Ruger .22

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
AndyC1911
Posts in topic: 3

Tandemkross trigger upgrade for Ruger .22

Post by AndyC1911 »

A few weeks ago I took my little Ruger Mk IV 22/45 .22LR pistol to the range for a friend's birthday gathering and, while everyone enjoyed shooting a suppressed .22, there were a number of comments about how heavy and gritty the trigger-pull was.

I had no idea how the Ruger system works so after a little research I ordered the Tandemkross "Blast Pack" consisting of new hammer, sear and "blast shield" mag-safety disconnect. The video made the install look quite easy and it was - except for the part where I was a dummy:

After I'd gotten the whole thing back together, it was ready to test by cocking the hammer - and it wouldn't budge. Hmmm. Disassemble and reinstall THREE more times - what the heck am I doing wrong? :headscratch

By the 4th time it was assembled I was admittedly a little annoyed and shoved really hard on the hammer - and it moved back and clicked into place. :shock:

My mistake was in assuming (because it's a "little .22") the spring powering the hammer is light 'n squishy - it's not, it must be at least 15 lbs of pressure if not more. So if you decide to do this upgrade, learn from my errors :mrgreen:

End result is a delightful trigger-pull at a hair over 2 lbs - and now I have their Victory trigger on the way.

Deitz83
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Tandemkross trigger upgrade for Ruger .22

Post by Deitz83 »

My club has 2 Ruger Mark IVs with complete upgrades. He loves the upgraded triggers and gas paddles for the thumb.

Topic author
AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

I'm tempted to buy further gadgets like the extended slide-stop, gas-pedal and so on :)

Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grayling813 »

I have some Tandemkross parts on my Rugers, both 10-22 and PC Carbine. Good stuff

Topic author
AndyC1911

Post by AndyC1911 »

Got the Victory trigger in - piece of cake and I really appreciate the ability to set the pre- and over-travel:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”