Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
dihappy
Posts in topic: 1

Cinema Guns

Post by dihappy »

Cinema Guns

http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/videos/ ... -Guns.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TexasComputerDude

Re: Cinema Guns

Post by TexasComputerDude »

I miss my techtv................ :grumble
Glock 30 - main ccw

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Good little clip.

But they didn't show all the 50 shot Smith and Wesson revolvers
used in so many movies. LOL.
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

G.C.Montgomery

Post by G.C.Montgomery »

Did he say there are only THREE G18C's in the country? That can't be right...May be he meant there are only three that are transferable. I've never seen a transferable G18 but I've handled and show two dealer's sample G18s owned by an FFL in the Austin area. Idunno...Just seems terribly unlikely that I would have come across two of the only three in the country in one day.
When you take the time out of your day to beat someone, it has a much longer lasting effect on their demeanor than simply shooting or tazing them.

G. C. Montgomery, Jr.

stsai465

Post by stsai465 »

G.C.Montgomery wrote:Did he say there are only THREE G18C's in the country? That can't be right...May be he meant there are only three that are transferable. I've never seen a transferable G18 but I've handled and show two dealer's sample G18s owned by an FFL in the Austin area. Idunno...Just seems terribly unlikely that I would have come across two of the only three in the country in one day.
I'm pretty sure he said there were only 3 G18s that were modified to fire full automatic in civilian hands, which means there probably more in LE or MIL.

For cinema guns, I find this to be a useful web site for interesting reading:
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
04/19/09 -- CHL Class Taken
04/23/09 -- Packet mailed to DPS
05/10/09 -- Processing Application
08/04/09 -- Application Complete
08/07/09 -- Plastic in hand!

skankpile

Post by skankpile »

I'm all for 2nd rights, but what use is a G18 in the civilian market?

Are people buying them as an investment, the cool factor.. what is is?

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

skankpile wrote:I'm all for 2nd rights, but what use is a G18 in the civilian market?

Double taps would sure be easy... :cheers2:
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

skankpile wrote:I'm all for 2nd rights, but what use is a G18 in the civilian market?

If you have to ask you wouldn't understand. its not about use, not about need, its all about making people happy. Shooting a full automatic makes people happy.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

agbullet2k1

Post by agbullet2k1 »

G.C.Montgomery wrote:Did he say there are only THREE G18C's in the country? That can't be right...May be he meant there are only three that are transferable. I've never seen a transferable G18 but I've handled and show two dealer's sample G18s owned by an FFL in the Austin area. Idunno...Just seems terribly unlikely that I would have come across two of the only three in the country in one day.
The range I used to visit in Memphis had one to rent. Never spent a better $30.
Walther P99AS 9mm
Beretta PX4sc 9mm
Walther P99 .40 S&W
FrankenAR-15
Type II Phaser

Pinkycatcher

Post by Pinkycatcher »

stsai465 wrote:
I'm pretty sure he said there were only 3 G18s that were modified to fire full automatic in civilian hands, which means there probably more in LE or MIL.

For cinema guns, I find this to be a useful web site for interesting reading:
http://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
I don't think that's even right, the dealers must still at one point own a G18 before selling it to LE's and Mil and I do believe it may or may not be possible for movies to have access to otherwise illegal guns, I know they make exceptions in Canada, but I haven't even thought about it in the US until right now, so I don't know. That dealer's gun that you shot is in civilian hands, I think this guy has some weird criteria for civilian, maybe private owned and not business owned, but he's still in business so it still doesn't make sense. :headscratch

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”