Suggestions For A Fiber Optic Front Sight

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Abraham
Posts in topic: 2

Suggestions For A Fiber Optic Front Sight

Post by Abraham »

I would like to replace the stock front sight on my Glock 19 for a fiber optic, however there are so many out there I haven't a clue as to those that are quality vs. poor quality.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

gfmun
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Suggestions For A Fiber Optic Front Sight

Post by gfmun »

I got mine from Dawson Precision. They have one that will replace the stock front sight on your G 19. $39 I think.

George

Dave01

Post by Dave01 »

I have a fiber optic front sight on my Para 1911. It's great outdoors. It's terrible indoors or in low light conditions. If it were my carry piece, I would change out the fiber optic sight for a tritium in a heartbeat. Perhaps not the answer you were looking for, but something to consider.

Dave

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

I have a factory installed fiber optic front sight on a Browning Buckmark I own and LOVE it no matter what the lighting situation is. I have shot it low light, dusk, indoor and out and still just plain love it. I don't like the night sights that have to be recharged(held up to a light) to be bright again.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

CompVest
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CompVest »

I use a fiber optic on the front sight of my competition gun. I love it and don't have any issues shooting it any lighting conditions. I have tritium night sights on my carry guns. I don't have to "charge" them. They just stay bright due to the tritium. I like the night sights for the ease of finding my gun at night and knowing where the muzzle end is! I haven't found that either sight type works better in low light situations. I have found that a properly held flashlight works best in low light. You get to see what you are shooting at and your sights are silhouetted against your target.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

Topic author
Abraham

Post by Abraham »

RECIT,

I just bought a Browning Buckmark with a factory installed fiber optic front sight and love it!

That's what's got me interested in putting one on my Glock.

And, thanks all for your input.

Tregs

Post by Tregs »

Recit, Abraham,

Me too. Factory fiber optic sight on a Browning Buckmark. Love it. Trying to decide between night sight or fiber optic on my daily carry.

CompVest
Posts in topic: 3

Post by CompVest »

The fiber optics I use are Speed Shooters Specialties.
Women on the DRAW – drill, revise, attain, win
Coached Practice Sessions for Women

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Novak or Dawson both are top notch and durable.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

shooter4

Post by shooter4 »

Try Big Dot instead.......

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=315992" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

this is what I am getting installed on my 1911. Unfortunately I do not have them yet :grumble or I would let you know what I think but the reviews are good.

:patriot:

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=315992
this is what I am getting installed on my 1911.
I'd lean toward TruGlo, also. You can visit their Website at http://www.truglo.com/. If I were changing my carry gun's sights, I think I'd go for one of their Tritium/fiber optic combos.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

USMC-COL

Post by USMC-COL »

Since my G-19 is one of my carry guns, I use the TruGlo TFO sights on mine. Best Fiber Optic sights during the day (to include in competition) and best night sights at night or in low light. I use the yellow rear/green front sights. Easy to locate at Glockparts.com, Midway USA, and other sites.
Respectfully and Semper Fi,
F. Phil Torres
Colonel of Marines, Retired
Independent Security Contractor
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
Unarmed Combat Instructor
NRA Life Member

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

I would also look at the XS big dot sights for a carry pistol. Look on youtube for a demo video. Its pretty impressive.
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Skiprr wrote:
XtremeDuty.45 wrote:http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?p ... ber=315992
this is what I am getting installed on my 1911.
I'd lean toward TruGlo, also. You can visit their Website at http://www.truglo.com/. If I were changing my carry gun's sights, I think I'd go for one of their Tritium/fiber optic combos.

Skiprr,
Have you used the TFOs at all? I like the idea and would like to get them but the reviews are not that good in the quality area. Alot of the people who used them stated that they broke while firing and abviously the tritium was gone. One gentleman said that he only had them a couple months before they broke. I checked and TRUGLO's warranty is only for 90 days. Again, I love the concept but am concerned on the quality.

:patriot:

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”