.380 is the curse of the ammo gods!!!

For those who like to roll their own.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
dws1117
Posts in topic: 5

.380 is the curse of the ammo gods!!!

Post by dws1117 »

.380 brass that is. :evil: :evil: :evil: I hate that stuff.

I just got finished sorting out a 5 gallon bucket of brass. That danged little sucker is so close to the 9mm in size. With almost every case I can tell what it is just by look. Noooooo not with the .380 and 9mm. You have to take time to look at that head stamp.

BTW did I mention that I hate sorting the brass since I only reload for .45?

Sorry just had to vent. All better now.

MoJo
Posts in topic: 1

Post by MoJo »

Get some Makarov brass mixed into the bucket and see what happens. .380 will go through a progressive loader making a funny looking round (I know from experience) but, Makarov brings one to a grinding halt! :(
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

Patrick McCarthy

loading .380

Post by Patrick McCarthy »

you think you have troubles? I load for .380, Makarov, 9mm, 7.62x25 , 40cal. and .45 auto and many others.
I got a bunch of brass in the other day and it had all of the above in it plus 10mm, 38 super, and 357 sig.. (Boy, those guys that shoot the idpa and the other thing(i can't remember what you call the other thing, but their guns cost 2 to 3.000 dollors with 20 round mag.s.
Yes, I get to spend a couple of hours a week sorting brass. And I still get a very interesting reload in my new Dillon 550 press. (ok,ok, it's a mess, but interesting.) (like the small primered .45 auto brass, and I've still got the cases. it's not a misprint, it's small primered .45 brass)
ok, But it fun.
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together!

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

There was a thread on http://www.thehighroad.org about the small primered .45acp case. I'll try to find the thread.

I believe the case is Winchester.

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

BTW, .357sig, 10mm, and 38 super are nothing. I ended up with a few handfulls of those as well, but it is easy to pick those out, especially the .357sig.

No, where my lies is that the .380 and 9mm anr so close in size that it is very difficult to tell them apart without looking on the headstamp.

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

I was wrong. The thread is on the 1911forum.com.

http://www.1911forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114880

The brass is Winchester NT that uses the small primers.

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

.380 vs 9mm

Post by longtooth »

Don't fret so much. Get a flat hard surface & stand all of them up on it. I use an old plastic cafeteria tray. With them all standing up the tall ones are 9 and the short ones are .380. Mom & wife shoot the .380 & I give away most of the 9mm. I too load .45 for me.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

KBCraig
Banned

Re: .380 vs 9mm

Post by KBCraig »

longtooth wrote:They that love liberty more than life die only once. They that fear death more than oppression die every time they close their eyes. Me.
I love that quote. Is it indeed original? I'd like to use it, with your permission. How would you like it attributed?

Kevin

longtooth

Liberty quote

Post by longtooth »

It is simi original I guess. I have pastored a Baptist church for 30 + yr. A lady gave me the start of the last part. I know the 1st part from working w/ combat veterans. No quote just observation. She had been through a lot of trauma from a major asault that terrified her. She did not fight back like the antis say. puke. After the fact she said she would rather have died because now she dies every night when she closes her eyes. I asked her if I could tell other women what she had said w/o telling them who she was. Yes. My experience over the 30 yr is that those who fight back, even if they lose do better dealing w/ it after the fact than those who do not fight back. (I wish I had....... Why didn't I .........) In its present form & as often as I use it in day to day visitation I guess I do claim it as original. Yes you may use it. I do not copywrite sermons, sayings. articles, or letters to the editor. God did not copywrite his Word, He signed it in blood. You do not have to remember the above story or my name. Just say "a patriot preacher taught you"... or anything you want to preface it with. Let us keep Old Glory flying high.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

longtooth

Kevin

Post by longtooth »

Just say that you are from Texarkana. I used to live in Atlanta. Use my personal email & lets visit some. Jerry.

cxm

Re: loading .380

Post by cxm »

If yoiu would like to get rid of some of the 38 Stupid, and 10mm please let me know.

Thanks

Chuck
Patrick McCarthy wrote:you think you have troubles? I load for .380, Makarov, 9mm, 7.62x25 , 40cal. and .45 auto and many others.
I got a bunch of brass in the other day and it had all of the above in it plus 10mm, 38 super, and 357 sig.. (Boy, those guys that shoot the idpa and the other thing(i can't remember what you call the other thing, but their guns cost 2 to 3.000 dollors with 20 round mag.s.
Yes, I get to spend a couple of hours a week sorting brass. And I still get a very interesting reload in my new Dillon 550 press. (ok,ok, it's a mess, but interesting.) (like the small primered .45 auto brass, and I've still got the cases. it's not a misprint, it's small primered .45 brass)
ok, But it fun.
Hoist on High the Bonnie Blue Flag That Bears the Single Star!

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

You guys that reload are kinda phunny anyway...

I love wasting my money... :lol:

See, if I get into reloading, I'll be in the garage or if I'm lucky, I'll get setup in a spare bedroom turned reloading/office/guy room...All the time...

Wait a minute...Is that a good thing???
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Wait a minute...Is that a good thing
Umm...heck yeah! I am being forced back out to the garage so that we can convert my guy room into baby room. It is a happy and depressing time.

Noy if my 3 year old would get off his little toddler butt, get a job, and get his own place I could have a reloading room indoors again. Ya know he is so selfish. :lol: :lol: :lol:

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 2

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Actually reloading might come pretty cheap to me...

My Dad used to reload just about every caliber there was out there in the 80's & early 90's...

I might get him to let me set that stuff back up and reload just the things I shoot...

hmmmmm
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “Reloading Forum”