MCDST

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Mithras61
Posts in topic: 3

Re: MCDST

Post by Mithras61 »

You're kidding, right? I can tell from your question that you haven't ever taken a Microsoft certification exam before. The best advice I can give you on it is make sure you read through the exam guidelines from Microsoft and make sure you really understand the material that the test is supposed to cover. If you think you may not understand a topic, review that topic until you do. Also, get yourself a test simulator that covers the methods of testing (MS tests have some really squirrelly interfaces). Boson, TestKing & ExamCram have some pretty decent simulators, but don't depend exclusively on them to prep yourself.

Good luck!

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Russell wrote:Thanks!

I've been running through practice tests for 271 and am getting 98% right on the virtual exams using Pass4Sure. I'm just wondering how close these questions actually are to what Microsoft's questions will be.

Was that "you're kidding right?" meaning "yes, they are tricky" or "no, they are straight forward" ?
Tricky, tricky tricksy. They will ask a question that is incredibly complex with a complex answer and make it .001% wrong with another answer that is equally complex but 100% right. If you don't read the answer closely, you can easily pick the one that is .001% wrong and get the question wrong. On every one I've taken, there are at least three or four like that, and they tend to be high value questions (adaptive testing is standard now, I believe). If you get the wrong answer, you'll likely see questions that are slightly less complex (but not much) that you'll say to yourself "Self, didn't I just answer this?" If you get those, you know you got the first one wrong...

Mithras61

Post by Mithras61 »

Russell wrote:I got a 983 / 1000, with passing score of 700!

You are now talkin' to a Microsoft Certified Professional!

Now just 70-272 left, and I'll be a Desktop Support Technician :thumbs2:
Excellent work! I hope the certification gets you through the door into an interview (that's about the best any cert can do). The rest of getting the better job is up to you.

I would suggest that you wait until you get the otehr test completed before you start sending out resumes, though. That way you can put the full cert on the resume. Best of luck!

pbwalker
Posts in topic: 1

Post by pbwalker »

Russell wrote:I got a 983 / 1000, with passing score of 700!

You are now talkin' to a Microsoft Certified Professional!

Now just 70-272 left, and I'll be a Desktop Support Technician :thumbs2:
Congrats!! I have taken my fair share of MS tests and I'll say this...no more! "rlol" Once I finished my MCSA (Windows 2000) and MCDBA (SQL 7.0) I swore off all MS Tests. I decided to punish myself in another fashion. RHCE! Talk about a bear of an exam!

Continued success to you Russell! These tests are no easy task and you aced it! :cheers2:
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”