VoIP system for office

Most of us are not "computer people" so post your technical questions and comments here. If you have computer or Internet expertise, share it here.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

VoIP system for office

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

This is probably a long shot, but I hope someone can give me information on the Cisco/Linksys SPA9000 and SPA400 VoIP equipment. To make a long story short, our old voicemail system has died and it costs more to replace it than to get an entirely new phone system. We are using Logix VoIP (T1) and I've confirmed with Logix that the Cisco equipment will work fine.

However, we can't get our regular phone guy to give us a yes or no as to whether he can install the system. From what I can see, this particular Cisco equipment supposedly is easy to install and configure, so we may not need a "phone guy" to do the work. We are running out of time and I need to get this done. Does anyone have information on this system?

Thanks,
Chas.

Mithras61

Re: VoIP system for office

Post by Mithras61 »

The only experience I have with this or similar equipment involved it being set up for a much larger environment (15 locations in three countries), and was therefore a much more complex set up than what I suspect you are looking for. The gent who did it is Cisco certified. He said it was easy, but then again, he thinks IOS is very straight forward.

G.A. Heath

Re: VoIP system for office

Post by G.A. Heath »

I have a friend who has setup a similar system, I will ask him to read this thread and contact you.
How do you explain a dog named Sauer without first telling the story of a Puppy named Sig?
R.I.P. Sig, 08/21/2019 - 11/18/2019

Return to “Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)”