On my way to 90 days...

So, your CHL Application has been filed and the clock has slowed to a crawl - tell us about it!

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
Armed-Texan
Posts in topic: 3

On my way to 90 days...

Post by Armed-Texan »

sixty eight days now. nothing. not even a PIN. i called DPS last week and they said a notification letter was mailed out last week, that would be two weeks ago by now. pony express wouldn't even be that slow. i wonder if they sent it by carrier pigeon and someone shot it down, or distracted it with bread crumbs? i figure when they send letters out they come in batches but i can't see it taking that long for a batch of letters.

nedmoore
Posts in topic: 1

Re: On my way to 90 days...

Post by nedmoore »

That is not right. I hope the letter is not asking for some additional info.

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

If you get the same letter we've received three (3) times, it will not be signed and it will not be specific as to the problem. Good luck!

Topic author
Armed-Texan

Post by Armed-Texan »

i give up! the whole idea seems to have gone stale. hell the wife doesn't even want me to carry anyway so why bother. i guess if it comes it comes, if now oh well. i know people have waited longer and that is even more ridiculous than my wait, but their is no reason for it to take this long. they need to hire some people to answer phones and a few more data entry technicians i guess. not only do we pay taxes we pay what i think is one of the highest fees nationwide to be able to carry a gun. i'm just frustrated.

stockportbrit

Post by stockportbrit »

Move to CT....I got my CT carry license in less than 8 weeks...and Iam a bloody Brit... :cheers2:

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

New here...so I'll start by saying howdy. My check was cashed 30 days ago. Yesterday I emailed them asking for a pin. They said the application wasn't in the "system" yet. Seems odd that they would get the check out of the envelope and throw the envelope back in the pile.

Dub

Post by Dub »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Seems odd that they would get the check out of the envelope and throw the envelope back in the pile.
Odd????? Lightning, remember who we're dealing with here...... Grabbing $$$$ is what the EXCELL at!!!!!!!!!

:smilelol5:
Dub

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Dub wrote:
03Lightningrocks wrote: Seems odd that they would get the check out of the envelope and throw the envelope back in the pile.
Odd????? Lightning, remember who we're dealing with here...... Grabbing $$$$ is what the EXCELL at!!!!!!!!!

Yeah...your right. I failed to keep that in mind. :banghead:

BambooShoots

Post by BambooShoots »

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Dub wrote:

Yeah...your right. I failed to keep that in mind. :banghead:
+1

I mailed my application on the 25th and they recieved it on the 26th. They cashed my check on the first of April.

No PIN number here either.
CHL Class taken: 3/5/08
CHL Packet Sent: 3/24/08
CHL Packet Recieved by DPS: 3/25/08
Check Cleared: 4/1/08
PIN Number Recieved: 4/12/08
CHL Licence Issued/Active: 6/1/08
In the mailbox: 6/5/08
72 days.

1st Renewal
Online app.: 1/3/13
Class: 1/27/13
Mailed: 1/28/13
Paperwork received: 1/31/13

Dub

Post by Dub »

I think once I get plastic, I'll post it up on forum, then see if i can get a platoon sized group of my fellow TexasCHL'rs to do the WallyWalk with me. If nothing else I'll be in good company....

:thewave :thewave :thewave
Dub

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

stockportbrit wrote:Move to CT....I got my CT carry license in less than 8 weeks...and Iam a bloody Brit... :cheers2:
It looks like a CT carry license costs $35 for five years. :thumbsup:
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Topic author
Armed-Texan

Post by Armed-Texan »

geez, now i wish i didn't have a PIN...............................................

camjr

Post by camjr »

Plastic received today!!!!! DPS received my packet on 1/28/08, so that makes it 80 days from DPS receipt to the card in my mailbox. The worst part is definitely the post-PIN "Processing Application".

Cheers!

Return to “The "Waiting Room"”