The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
Venus Pax
Posts in topic: 2

pager pal

Post by Venus Pax »

What do you think of the pager pal?
I bought one to wear with my Bersa .380 or my 38 special.
I do notice that it bulges, but doesn't print.
I'm also having trouble with it poking me in the leg.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

Commander

Pager Pal

Post by Commander »

I have the same problem. It is difficult to get it positioned correctly and it tends to bulge. I have my doubts about its accessiblity in an emergency situation. Also, forget trying to pull your gun from a driving position. You might want to look at some of the IWB "tuckable" holsters.
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

quidni
Posts in topic: 1

Post by quidni »

I've got the small size "Knife Pal" for my Pony, & it works well for me. I've also got their "Belt Pal" & am happy with it for my CZ-75B. But the larger size Pager Pals really don't fit me comfortably.

Seems with Pager Pal, most folks either like them or hate them.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

longtooth
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longtooth »

Never used one but looks like excellent deep conceal. I would think the comfort issue would be a problem as well as access. I suspect you are carrying it right in front. If so try it at about the 3:00 position. May help.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Commander

Pager Pal

Post by Commander »

Longtooth, The Pager Pal is good "deep conceal" as you mentioned. Normally you wear it at about 9:00 to 10:00, which allows you to use your left hand (in my case) to pull up on the fake pager to pull the gun into positon so you can draw it with your right hand (cross draw). It takes some adjusting to get it positioned correctly to minimize the bulge. (I've never been able to completely eliminate it) However, sitting down as you would to drive, there is no way to get it out quickly.

I use the Pager Pal when I wear dress slacks and a sport shirt. My prefered method of carry is a DeSantis Stealth IWB holster with a polo style shirt worn untucked.

This brings up a question: I have found that wearing a holster "cross draw" works better for me than strong side carry. Is there a down side to carrying cross draw?
"Happiness is a warm gun" - The Beatles - 1969

Commander

Topic author
Venus Pax

Post by Venus Pax »

Some people say that cross draw would take longer to draw.
I find it to be most comfortable, and I don't think it would be anymore of a problem than dominant side draw.
"If a man breaks in your house, he ain't there for iced tea." Mom & Dad.

The NRA & TSRA are a bargain; they're much cheaper than the cold, dead hands experience.

HighVelocity

Post by HighVelocity »

In the "bin of holsters nobody wants" at my local gun store, there is a substantial number of semi-used pager pals. That speaks volumes to me.

txinvestigator

Post by txinvestigator »

I have tried it, and tried it, and still tried it some more.

I hate it. lol
*CHL Instructor*

"Speed is Fine, but accuracy is final"- Bill Jordan

Remember those who died, remember those who killed them.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

On cross draw issue. You should get several comments here. I have considered adding one. Driving a lot, I think it is an excellent choice. Draw needs to be practiced like any strong side access. Cross draw is often easier to weak hand access than strong side at 3:30 or 4:00. I think a better position to draw from if you are small, old, especially female, or any combination of the above & are being physically assaulted. Most of us are not fighters & the time trade off for training goes to the pistol Not to hand to hand. You are much stronger pulling arms into your front, currling up in a ball to access a weapon than trying to pull away to reach side & behind hip.
Downside. Depending on body shape I find CD a little harder to conceal because it must stay at about 9:00 & butt forward. Ladies are the exception. I recomend ladies to try crossdraw 1st. Above reason & several others. CD holsters have fewer choices. Some think a more dangerous draw. Again must be practiced. My comments. Get others. I think the only thing I am really opposed to is HAVING to be deep concealed. I prefer a smaller pistol in back pocket & accessable. It is still a rare occasion that I am restricted to that being my last resort. I do and many others have learned to dress around the gun & are able to carry our primary (Kimber Pro for me & full size Springer A1) others comparable size almost all the time. If I can help w/ dress we can do that PM & pictures. I have been told I am a very creative dresser that is not conspicuous. No great expenses either I ASSURE YOU. I assure you I can get lost in a crowd of 3. "I can't believe you carry a gun that big & you can't see it" is a comment I get when talking to CHL's that "keep it in the truck" :roll: :roll: See you in print.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

txinvestigator wrote:I have tried it, and tried it, and still tried it some more.

I hate it. lol
:iagree:

Chas.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

Yea me. This is the only mistake I HAVEN'T made. :hurry:

No4Mk1

Post by No4Mk1 »

HighVelocity wrote:In the "bin of holsters nobody wants" at my local gun store, there is a substantial number of semi-used pager pals. That speaks volumes to me.
Is the "bin of holsters nobody wants" anywhere near the "Island of Misfit Toys"? :lol:
The beauty of Grace is that it makes life not fair.

http://www.guncollectorsforum.com

Kalrog

Post by Kalrog »

No4Mk1 wrote:Is the "bin of holsters nobody wants" anywhere near the "Island of Misfit Toys"? :lol:
My son LOVES that movie.

1TallTXn

Post by 1TallTXn »

I borrowed a friends Pager-Pal for a weekend and didn't like it at all.

i'm sure I could've gotten used to it, but I dislike the way it rode and poked me.

glad I didn't pay for it

Return to “New to CHL?”