Re: US Govt. data breach

Post by Wes »

Got a notice yesterday, joy
Alliance Arsenal - Firearms and transfers in north Ft. Worth

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Post by baldeagle »

I got it and threw it in the shredder. I've had identity theft protection (Lifelock, not what they wanted to give me) since the VA lost my records. I'm kind of getting used to having my personal information stolen periodically. I have a 7 year lock on my credit bureau records due to an identity theft incident in 2011, so this is all rather routine for me now.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

powerboatr
Posts in topic: 2

Post by powerboatr »

yep me three
I have opm issues because the very info i had to swear never to expose would land me in a deep hole forever if i ever did. SO who at opm is going in the hole?

but the good side is, now between the VA, tricare and now OPM i have lifetime identity and fraud monitoring for free with three separate companies...
cant imagine what the chinese would want with me, i am just an old sailor
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

JP171
Banned

Post by JP171 »

I got one too....and yep the NDA is a bear, not sure just what got out....but alas I am NOT responsible just the unknowing victim :banghead: of gubbermint irresposibility

casp625

Post by casp625 »

powerboatr wrote:yep me three
I have opm issues because the very info i had to swear never to expose would land me in a deep hole forever if i ever did. SO who at opm is going in the hole?

but the good side is, now between the VA, tricare and now OPM i have lifetime identity and fraud monitoring for free with three separate companies...
And which of those entities gave you lifetime monitoring? The OPM breach gives monitoring until Dec 31, 2018

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

va until 2020
opm is 2020
tricare is 2020

i figure by then i am pretty much making worm food :biggrinjester: the rate they are going...Va and OPM will screw up again.
VA is worst, as safeguarding data, want to see the picture of the va person with our medical records in the backseat of her unlocked car?
I filed a complaint and provided pics and date of the breach at private clininc used to supplement va docs .
OPM, your kidding, my opm info has been compromised twice in 8 years on their end. I think someone needs to screen the investigators better.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

I received it too and will use their protection plan. They even got the finger prints according to the statement printed.
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

bmwrdr

Post by bmwrdr »

powerboatr wrote:yep me three

Good point. I believe the lady in charge took some heat for not performing a task for several month to fix a security breach and there are some more issues which may never be addressed.
http://www.ihealthbeat.org/articles/201 ... ata-breach
I scarified political correctness to preserve honesty ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

casp625

Post by casp625 »

powerboatr wrote:va until 2020
opm is 2020
tricare is 2020
My OPM letter did not have a termination date, did yours? I called the number and asked when the monitoring expired and they said December 31, 2018

doncb

Post by doncb »

I got a letter this week too. Even though I have had LifeLock for several years since a credit card number got stolen at a restaurant, I signed up for the credit monitoring anyway. Can't hurt to have more than one. The only BI I can think of for me in the last 10 years would be for my 03FFL. Before that, there would have been a couple for work.
If you're standing still, you're loosing.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”