Patience Paid Off

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Patience Paid Off

Post by TreyHouston »

EP45 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:54 pm That is great. I had mentioned in another thread that my house of worship has 30.06/.07 signage. This was implemented by our informal security leader who is retired career Army.

Rationale: I don’t want individuals I do not approve of carrying a weapon, would be my guess. Do not want chaos in an active shooter situation.

I am still arguing this and am in the process of writing a letter to clergy. I spoke to another member of the security team who was also retired Army about the signs and he said he just did not feel strongly about the issue.

I kept thinking, both of these gentlemen took an oath to the US Constitution yet their actions are violating this oath in respect to infringing on 2nd amendment rights; at least in spirit as the US Constitution can be construed as limiting the Federal government. That being said, I believe those rights precede the US Constitution and are God given natural rights.

I have also been looking at the Texas Constitution which I believe states,
“Sec. 23. RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime.”

Regardless, great job and hoping I can convert some of those who are supposed to be converted. Not going to try my place of employment, to Corporate and woke.
:hurry: :hurry:
“Rationale: I don’t want individuals I do not approve of carrying a weapon, would be my guess. Do not want chaos in an active shooter situation.”

Bang Bang! “Be calm “BANG” everyone”!!

Thats the funniest thing I’ve heard in a while!!!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

TreyHouston wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:39 am
EP45 wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:54 pm That is great. I had mentioned in another thread that my house of worship has 30.06/.07 signage. This was implemented by our informal security leader who is retired career Army.

Rationale: I don’t want individuals I do not approve of carrying a weapon, would be my guess. Do not want chaos in an active shooter situation.

I am still arguing this and am in the process of writing a letter to clergy. I spoke to another member of the security team who was also retired Army about the signs and he said he just did not feel strongly about the issue.

I kept thinking, both of these gentlemen took an oath to the US Constitution yet their actions are violating this oath in respect to infringing on 2nd amendment rights; at least in spirit as the US Constitution can be construed as limiting the Federal government. That being said, I believe those rights precede the US Constitution and are God given natural rights.

I have also been looking at the Texas Constitution which I believe states,
“Sec. 23. RIGHT TO KEEP AND BEAR ARMS. Every citizen shall have the right to keep and bear arms in the lawful defense of himself or the State; but the Legislature shall have power, by law, to regulate the wearing of arms, with a view to prevent crime.”

Regardless, great job and hoping I can convert some of those who are supposed to be converted. Not going to try my place of employment, to Corporate and woke.
:hurry: :hurry:
“Rationale: I don’t want individuals I do not approve of carrying a weapon, would be my guess. Do not want chaos in an active shooter situation.”

Bang Bang! “Be calm “BANG” everyone”!!

Thats the funniest thing I’ve heard in a while!!!
In case of being involved in a shooting, every LTC holder knows that after firing off a few rounds to stop, throw your hands in the air and shout, "It's OK EVERYONE, I HAVE A LICENSE TO CARRY!". This should calm everyone down.

JRG

Post by JRG »

Outstanding!!

Joe

gamboolman

Post by gamboolman »

Well done sir :tiphat:
gamboolman