CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 12

Re: 7 killed at Ft Hood shooting

Post by The Annoyed Man »

fickman wrote:
RottenApple wrote:
RoyGBiv wrote:Resurrecting an old thread with a bit of new news...

Difficult to condone that this .... guy.... is still getting paid.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/21/[abbreviated profanity deleted] ... -massacre/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U.S. Department of Defense officials confirmed to NBCDFW.com that Maj. Nidal Hasan’s salary cannot be suspended unless he is proven guilty in the Nov. 5, 2009, shooting in Texas, citing the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Jury selection in his trial is scheduled to begin May 30.
I agree that it stinks, but the rules are the rules. The only way to stop this is for the UCMJ to be modified. And I'm sure that takes a lot of time.
Over $250,000.

He stops getting paid when he's found guilty. The other way to stop is not put the trial off for four years.
Couldn't they blame not paying him on the sequestration? They've blamed everything else on it.....except for where it is Bush's fault....
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

E.Marquez
Posts in topic: 5

Post by E.Marquez »

K.Mooneyham wrote:And he'll end up keeping all that money, too. They can't even seem to make a man who is still a commissioned officer in the United States Army SHAVE. Does anyone really think they are going to find this poor, troubled man, who obviously just needed a hug, guilty? It seems they've done everything in their power to do otherwise. :mad5
Mighty wide brush your painting "They" with here :totap:
Not sure if you understand the Military has more than a few folks in it.. and your "they" is rather disingenuous, as "they" the US military, ie myself a few hundred thousand of my closest friends did not in any way not make him shave, nor delay the trial, nor are we doing everything in our power to pay him a salary, obstruct justice and not find him guilty.

Please narrow your finger pointing to those responsible... the other 99.9999999% prefer you NOT blame us for something we as well do not care for and have ZERO ability to effect.

Respectfully

The the guy over here who is a bit sensitive to being blamed for things outside my control. :tiphat:
Companion animal Microchips, quality name brand chips, lifetime registration, Low cost just $10~12, not for profit, most locations we can come to you. We cover eight counties McLennan, Hill, Bell, Coryell, Falls, Bosque, Limestone, Lampasas
Contact we.chip.pets@gmail.com

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Post by baldeagle »

I sure wish you had started a new thread for this. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that title. I thought, on my God, not again!
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

K.Mooneyham

Post by K.Mooneyham »

E.Marquez wrote:
K.Mooneyham wrote:And he'll end up keeping all that money, too. They can't even seem to make a man who is still a commissioned officer in the United States Army SHAVE. Does anyone really think they are going to find this poor, troubled man, who obviously just needed a hug, guilty? It seems they've done everything in their power to do otherwise. :mad5
Mighty wide brush your painting "They" with here :totap:
Not sure if you understand the Military has more than a few folks in it.. and your "they" is rather disingenuous, as "they" the US military, ie myself a few hundred thousand of my closest friends did not in any way not make him shave, nor delay the trial, nor are we doing everything in our power to pay him a salary, obstruct justice and not find him guilty.

Please narrow your finger pointing to those responsible... the other 99.9999999% prefer you NOT blame us for something we as well do not care for and have ZERO ability to effect.

Respectfully

The the guy over here who is a bit sensitive to being blamed for things outside my control. :tiphat:
Now come on Sergeant Major, did you really think that I was talking about all the regular folks in the US Army who go and do their best every day? I am a "retired" USAF E-7 and I fully understand that there are political things far outside the control of the majority of the folks in any branch of service. I assure you I am talking about politically-motivated people at the highest levels ONLY. As a veteran it sickens and irritates me to no end that this Hasan guy STILL hasn't been brought to trial.

C-dub
Posts in topic: 18

Post by C-dub »

baldeagle wrote:I sure wish you had started a new thread for this. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that title. I thought, on my God, not again!
I know. It got me too.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

E.Marquez wrote:Mighty wide brush your painting "They" with here :totap:

Respectfully

You sound like a Vietnam vet. :cool:
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

baldeagle wrote:I sure wish you had started a new thread for this. I nearly had a heart attack when I saw that title. I thought, on my God, not again!
Sorry... I figured... oh.. forget it.. Sorry. :oops:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jumping Frog »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/05/21/[abbreviated profanity deleted] ... -massacre/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
U.S. Department of Defense officials confirmed to NBCDFW.com that Maj. Nidal Hasan’s salary cannot be suspended unless he is proven guilty in the Nov. 5, 2009, shooting in Texas, citing the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Jury selection in his trial is scheduled to begin May 30.
The family members of his victims should file suit and get an injunction placing all of his earnings into escrow until the wrongful death lawsuits can be settled.
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

flechero

Post by flechero »

Jumping Frog wrote:

The family members of his victims should file suit and get an injunction placing all of his earnings into escrow until the wrongful death lawsuits can be settled.
Or, the Army should pass some new code that if convicted, all earnings paid during incarceration and trial should be applied to the cost of housing and trying said individual.

jmra

Post by jmra »

flechero wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:

Or, the Army should pass some new code that if convicted, all earnings paid during incarceration and trial should be applied to the cost of housing and trying said individual.
I would think that sentencing could involve both confinement and fines.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Purplehood
Posts in topic: 27

Post by Purplehood »

flechero wrote:
Jumping Frog wrote:

Again, the 'Army' can't do that. Congress has to make that happen and pass it on down through the Department of the Army.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 12

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Fort Hood victims upset; suspect can question them
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20130604/DA6MP48G2.html
Jun 4, 3:07 AM (ET)

By ANGELA K. BROWN

FORT HOOD, Texas (AP) - Retired Staff Sgt. Alonzo Lunsford says he will never forget locking eyes with the gunman who entered a Fort Hood building Nov. 5, 2009, and then unleashed a burst of gunfire into a crowd of soldiers preparing for deployment.

Retired Staff Sgt. Shawn Manning said he saw the gunman too, before he was shot six times as he sat in the front row of chairs waiting for routine medical tests.

Now the nearly three dozen soldiers wounded in the deadly attack on the Texas Army post are facing the prospect of being approached and questioned in court by the man many witnesses have identified as the gunman: Maj. Nidal Hasan.

A military judge Monday granted Hasan's request to represent himself at his upcoming murder trial, and Hasan later hinted that he would try to justify the attack, revealing for the first time his defense strategy.

———{SNIP}———

Lunsford said he was upset and angry that the judge is allowing Hasan to question the wounded soldiers. Lunsford said he expects Hasan, an Army psychiatrist, to try to intimidate them through mind games.

"It's a battle of wits, and he's going to lose," said Lunsford, who was shot seven times and lost most of the sight in his left eye. "I was there. I saw what this man did. I'm living proof of what he did, but I survived. ... I'm not going to show any fear."
Of course, only a paranoid schizophrenic conservative would think that Hasan would use the courtroom for jihadist grandstanding..... :roll:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RottenApple »

I believe in the process and think it needs to be followed correctly & fully..... But I still wish they'd give this guy a free bungee lesson... With hemp rope instead of a bungee cord. :mad5

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

The most tragic part of this incident is the fact Hassan survived. Now the families and victims will have to endure him questioning them? Wow.

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

RottenApple wrote:I believe in the process and think it needs to be followed correctly & fully..... But I still wish they'd give this guy a free bungee lesson... With hemp rope instead of a bungee cord. :mad5
:iagree: Around his neck :patriot:
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”