The Bigotry of gun controllers

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6104
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

The Bigotry of gun controllers

#1

Post by Liberty » Wed Jul 12, 2017 4:09 pm

PROBLEMS WITH DISCRETION: Seems as though not only is Los Angeles not only stingy with their permiting, they are also racist and misogynist. Somehow the folks actually needing the right most are the ones that aren't allowed.

The image they had on their website is disturbing. A Beretta 92FS SOB with no holster, finger in the finger well with the safety off. (well maybe it's a decocker model only but not many of them around).
Image
Last edited by Liberty on Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy


WTR
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1872
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:41 pm

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#2

Post by WTR » Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:57 pm

The hammer is down so the idiot is carrying in DA mode.

User avatar

suthdj
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2273
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:49 pm
Location: North Ft Worth(Alliance area)

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#3

Post by suthdj » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:14 pm

Is a trigger fully squeezed or just finger behind it I just can't see the trigger.
21-Apr-09 filed online
05-Sep-09 Plastic Arrived
09-Sep-13 Plastic Arrived
21-june-18 Plasic Arrived

User avatar

Topic author
Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 6104
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#4

Post by Liberty » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:43 pm

I think the finger is behind the trigger.
I meant that the safety was could be a decocker. Not a DA only pistol.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy


rotor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3265
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#5

Post by rotor » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:44 pm

How about the fact that they outed the names of the people with permits.


treadlightly
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1298
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:17 pm

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#6

Post by treadlightly » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:13 pm

That image is very similar to the cover photo on a book the NRA pulled from its store, pending release with sane cover art. I personally heard from the NRA regarding that photo, and they definitely saw the problem.

Interesting to think that Waco probably has 100 times as many permit holders as Los Angeles County, including the city of Los Angeles. Count those who carry under MPA and it's plain staggering. And visitors. I don't live in Waco but frequently run errands there. I might have carried a firearm in Waco. Maybe. Only my armorer knows for sure. ;-)


strogg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#7

Post by strogg » Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:34 pm

Santa Clara County, the heart of silicon valley and where I came from, is even worse. ~50 permit holders and almost 2 million people there. And of those, same thing. Rich people only. You an ex-Cop who is now transporting ATM money for a living? Sorry. Are you billionaire Larry Ellison? Well, sure. Why not. Are you a rich Russian living in Russia who happens to own property in California? Sure, you get one too. I'm not kidding either. Funny how that works. And how do we know this? All CCWs issued are a matter of public record. You ask, and you shall receive. Gun rights are such a joke over there.... It's sad.

As an aside, I know one of the permit holders in California. His CCW is the most ridiculous looking thing I've ever seen. It's literally a typewritten, laminated sheet of paper cut with scissors. It looks like a six year old made it. No wait, that's impossible. Six year olds wouldn't know how to use a typewriter.

Also, is it just me, or are leftists the racist ones? Seriously. I felt a lot of racial tension whilst in California. Here in the land of the free, it's nonexistent, to the point where I call people generally race-blind. It's so much more pleasant.

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6459
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#8

Post by Pawpaw » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:18 pm

strogg wrote:Also, is it just me, or are leftists the racist ones? Seriously. I felt a lot of racial tension whilst in California. Here in the land of the free, it's nonexistent, to the point where I call people generally race-blind. It's so much more pleasant.
It was the Democrats that fought against equal rights and segregation.

They've always been the real racists. They get the minority vote by giving "freebies", which also serves to keep them dependent.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

User avatar

TVGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 am
Location: DFW

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#9

Post by TVGuy » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:09 am

strogg wrote:
As an aside, I know one of the permit holders in California. His CCW is the most ridiculous looking thing I've ever seen. It's literally a typewritten, laminated sheet of paper cut with scissors. It looks like a six year old made it. No wait, that's impossible. Six year olds wouldn't know how to use a typewriter.

He must have laminated it himself. My wife's uncle is a CCW in the Bay Area and he showed me his license. It was a folded up piece of paper as you describe, not laminated. Typewritten, signed, and fingerprint on it. I laughed at how simple it was.


txyaloo
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:38 pm

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#10

Post by txyaloo » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:55 pm

TVGuy wrote:
strogg wrote:
As an aside, I know one of the permit holders in California. His CCW is the most ridiculous looking thing I've ever seen. It's literally a typewritten, laminated sheet of paper cut with scissors. It looks like a six year old made it. No wait, that's impossible. Six year olds wouldn't know how to use a typewriter.

He must have laminated it himself. My wife's uncle is a CCW in the Bay Area and he showed me his license. It was a folded up piece of paper as you describe, not laminated. Typewritten, signed, and fingerprint on it. I laughed at how simple it was.
That's what my old PA license looked like but without the finger print. It certainly didn't look very official but I know quite a few other states that use similar permits.


NNT
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#11

Post by NNT » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:37 pm

My brother in law has a CA ccw. Same thing, simple paper with laminate (since they are done by the county maybe each is different?). Plus, he can only carry the exact gun he applied with, max 3 on the permit if I remember correctly. Not just the same model, but the same serial number... The problem he ran into is that the wait for an interview is so long that even if you get the correct leo to sign off on you, getting through the process is long.

User avatar

TVGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1088
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:47 am
Location: DFW

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#12

Post by TVGuy » Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:23 am

NNT wrote:My brother in law has a CA ccw. Same thing, simple paper with laminate (since they are done by the county maybe each is different?). Plus, he can only carry the exact gun he applied with, max 3 on the permit if I remember correctly. Not just the same model, but the same serial number... The problem he ran into is that the wait for an interview is so long that even if you get the correct leo to sign off on you, getting through the process is long.
I'm guessing you're correct that it depends on the issuing county.

For a state with so many regulations and is so anti-gun, I was shocked that the permit wasn't more official looking.


Papa_Tiger
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 667
Joined: Fri May 24, 2013 9:55 am

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#13

Post by Papa_Tiger » Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:46 am

TVGuy wrote:
NNT wrote:My brother in law has a CA ccw. Same thing, simple paper with laminate (since they are done by the county maybe each is different?). Plus, he can only carry the exact gun he applied with, max 3 on the permit if I remember correctly. Not just the same model, but the same serial number... The problem he ran into is that the wait for an interview is so long that even if you get the correct leo to sign off on you, getting through the process is long.
I'm guessing you're correct that it depends on the issuing county.

For a state with so many regulations and is so anti-gun, I was shocked that the permit wasn't more official looking.
Why spend any money on something that is so infrequently used?


Soccerdad1995
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 3790
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#14

Post by Soccerdad1995 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:05 am

Pawpaw wrote:
strogg wrote:Also, is it just me, or are leftists the racist ones? Seriously. I felt a lot of racial tension whilst in California. Here in the land of the free, it's nonexistent, to the point where I call people generally race-blind. It's so much more pleasant.
It was the Democrats that fought against equal rights and segregation.

They've always been the real racists. They get the minority vote by giving "freebies", which also serves to keep them dependent.
The Democrats are the party of the confederacy. The party of slavery. The Republicans, as the party of Lincoln, have always been the party of freedom and inclusion.

Nothing has changed. The Dems just got really, really, good at propaganda over the last 150 years. They also learned to be more subversive about their racist beliefs. They know that the real way to keep someone down is to make them dependent on what you can give them. Drugs, money, etc., are just the tools of their strategy.
Ding dong, the witch is dead

User avatar

Pawpaw
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6459
Joined: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:16 am
Location: Hunt County

Re: The Bigotry of gun controllers

#15

Post by Pawpaw » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:40 am

Soccerdad1995 wrote:
Pawpaw wrote:
strogg wrote:Also, is it just me, or are leftists the racist ones? Seriously. I felt a lot of racial tension whilst in California. Here in the land of the free, it's nonexistent, to the point where I call people generally race-blind. It's so much more pleasant.
It was the Democrats that fought against equal rights and segregation.

They've always been the real racists. They get the minority vote by giving "freebies", which also serves to keep them dependent.
The Democrats are the party of the confederacy. The party of slavery. The Republicans, as the party of Lincoln, have always been the party of freedom and inclusion.

Nothing has changed. The Dems just got really, really, good at propaganda over the last 150 years. They also learned to be more subversive about their racist beliefs. They know that the real way to keep someone down is to make them dependent on what you can give them. Drugs, money, etc., are just the tools of their strategy.
Democrats and Racism
I could go on… and I’m tempted to. But I think the hideous racism that has been endemic in the Democratic Party for two centuries speaks for itself. Just remember, the next time a Democrat accuses Republicans of being racist, history’s already won the debate for you.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Post Reply

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”