I want to keep my guns.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton


NNT
Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:22 pm

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#106

Post by NNT » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:58 pm

TheFriscoKid wrote:
...

No one here, no group of people here are capable of winning against the govt. During the revolution it only took a few rifles and a few good men. What is your 5,000 acre hillbilly compound going to do against an army equipped with tanks, blackhawks and warthogs?

...
If the 2A was really not infringed, we would have those things too... Just saying. I am far from a gun nut. But I am a die hard freedom and accountability guy. I will take about any route to avoid a fight, freedom and my family are worth fighting for. The 2A is not about hunting. People with mental capacity to kill will find a way. We need to help stop them. And possibly keep guns out of their hands. I just don't want to get into a thought police state. slippery slopes scare me.


mayor
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 232
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:47 pm
Location: N. Fort Worth

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#107

Post by mayor » Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:37 pm

For some reason the phrase "even the devil quotes the Bible" comes to mind.


Chaparral
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#108

Post by Chaparral » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:36 pm

TheFriscoKid wrote:
Is everyone here a 'cold dead hands' advocate ?
“Single issue voter” might be a kinder term.


Chaparral
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 32
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:57 pm

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#109

Post by Chaparral » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:00 pm

I certainly want to keep my guns. Our country is under attack by a foreign enemy, and our democracy is under threat.


bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 3517
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#110

Post by bblhd672 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 pm

Chaparral wrote:I certainly want to keep my guns. Our country is under attack by a foreign enemy, and our democracy is under threat.
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WE DON’T LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1750
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#111

Post by Flightmare » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:37 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Chaparral wrote:I certainly want to keep my guns. Our country is under attack by a foreign enemy, and our democracy is under threat.
FOR CRYING OUT LOUD WE DON’T LIVE IN A DEMOCRACY!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
...and to the republic, for which it stands...

The same people that would have you believe we live in a "democracy" are the same ones who believe an AR-15 is an "assault rifle".
Deplorable lunatic since 2016


Txtension
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:40 pm
Location: Corpus Christi

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#112

Post by Txtension » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:06 am

Armed guards, and metal detectors are the answer. Model schools after airports, courthouses, and castles. Increase the size of each Hardened School to serve 5,000 to 10,000 students, or whatever amount Maths out to an acceptable guards-pupil-cost ratio. Maybe 4 guards at each 1000-student school is too much, but 10 at each Hardened School makes more sense.

After they bulldoze Parkland, maybe they can bulldoze a few other under-performers, and build a Hardened School.

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 5746
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#113

Post by Liberty » Wed Feb 21, 2018 7:07 am

Tearing down the open campus Parkland Highschool to rebuild a newer more modern school with guarded barbed wire perimeters and no windows and armed guards at every corner will make the kids feel as safe as any convict in the system.

Meanwhile, the staunchest gun advocates will be bargaining away minor rights to maintain the larger rights. The President who promised loyalty to the NRA is selling us out with memos to the AG. Ammo finally becomes available and reasonobly priced , Now we can expect the panic buying all over again.

We lost more than 17 people this week, It looks to me that we are about to start a reggression of our rights. It's OK afterall, it's for the children :mad5 :mad5 :mad5
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy


Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned
Posts in topic: 26
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#114

Post by TheFriscoKid » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:00 am

Chaparral wrote:
TheFriscoKid wrote:
Is everyone here a 'cold dead hands' advocate ?
“Single issue voter” might be a kinder term.
Hilarious. When will CHL have 'likes' ? Instead of :iagree:


montgomery
Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun May 31, 2015 8:13 am
Location: Montgomery, Texas

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#115

Post by montgomery » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:10 am

TheFriscoKid wrote:
1911 Raptor wrote:i Think we have an anti in our midst.
Would a photo of my guns clear the air ? A recent target ?

No sir. You made it quite clear that this is not your fight. If you are not willing to stand and fight, then you are part of the problem. And that IS the problem.


Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned
Posts in topic: 26
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#116

Post by TheFriscoKid » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:13 am

Here's the thing - the changes coming are going to happen regardless of what we debate and divide upon.

I've spent $3000 on G&A since Valentine's day in anticipation of those changes.

One thing I find astonishing within this thread is those that bury their heads in the sand and label others as trolls or liberal gun grabbers instead of staying focused on the topic or confronting ideas, opinions and facts they don't agree with.

Many of these same people are the brave 'fight to their death cold dead hands' advocates that become cowards at the mere whisper of an idea that confronts their current perceptions.

This forum would benefit - we would benefit - from having more liberals and democrats and anti-gun people come in and have respectful considerate discussions not with the expectation that either side will change the others mind but from the benefit of understanding the other side and then being able to create strategies and compromises that allow us to keep our guns and allow the majority of Americans to feel safe again.

I believe a good guy with a gun is the only thing stops a bad guy with a gun. But that doesn't address the root cause. What we need to do is try to prevent the number of bad guys with guns before they even have a chance to kill 10 or 20 or 50.


Topic author
TheFriscoKid
Banned
Posts in topic: 26
Posts: 68
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:58 pm

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#117

Post by TheFriscoKid » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:18 am

montgomery wrote:
TheFriscoKid wrote:
1911 Raptor wrote:i Think we have an anti in our midst.
Would a photo of my guns clear the air ? A recent target ?

No sir. You made it quite clear that this is not your fight. If you are not willing to stand and fight, then you are part of the problem. And that IS the problem.
I have a life, loved ones, people that I love and love me. A lot to live for and a lot of life lived. The only thing I'd kill or die for would be to protect my wife and son.

Guns are a part of my life, they are not my life.


PhilBob
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:25 am

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#118

Post by PhilBob » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:35 am

Read the linked article and tell me it is about "assault weapons" or even guns in general. These kids are messed up in the head and whether it is drugs (legal or otherwise), the violence they are exposed to in movies and video games or whatever, where are the parents in all of this? Many of these kids are making these "boasts"/threats on their social media pages. Aren't the parents monitoring them? Obviously not if it is their fellow students that are reporting them.

Where are they getting these weapons at such young ages? Again, many of them are below the age where they themselves can purchase these weapons legally. So how would more laws, increased or tougher background checks, etc., anything short of banning/confiscating all guns (which isn't going to happen) stop these kids if they hadn't been reported? It has to start with the parents! I'm curious how many of these kids have already been diagnosed/identified as having some kind of behavioral issue and are on these SSRI drugs.

https://tinyurl.com/yc7ruytd


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 1746
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#119

Post by flechero » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:40 am

:iagree:

But sadly, they view it simpler to just ban guns than fix society. (even though banning won't do what they want.)
“It is now clear that the warning signs were there and tips to the FBI were missed,”
I wish that they would stop saying missed. The FBI didn't miss it- they chose to disregard it... as they were told more than once.


bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 14
Posts: 3517
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: I want to keep my guns.

#120

Post by bblhd672 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:12 am

TheFriscoKid wrote:Here's the thing - the changes coming are going to happen regardless of what we debate and divide upon.

I've spent $3000 on G&A since Valentine's day in anticipation of those changes.

One thing I find astonishing within this thread is those that bury their heads in the sand and label others as trolls or liberal gun grabbers instead of staying focused on the topic or confronting ideas, opinions and facts they don't agree with.

Many of these same people are the brave 'fight to their death cold dead hands' advocates that become cowards at the mere whisper of an idea that confronts their current perceptions.

This forum would benefit - we would benefit - from having more liberals and democrats and anti-gun people come in and have respectful considerate discussions not with the expectation that either side will change the others mind but from the benefit of understanding the other side and then being able to create strategies and compromises that allow us to keep our guns and allow the majority of Americans to feel safe again.

I believe a good guy with a gun is the only thing stops a bad guy with a gun. But that doesn't address the root cause. What we need to do is try to prevent the number of bad guys with guns before they even have a chance to kill 10 or 20 or 50.
Provide us an example of one place on the internet you can have respectful considerate discussions with anti-gun people? They aren't capable of it.
If you want that, go find a forum that's what you're looking for instead of trying to change this one to match your agenda.

Post Reply

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”