My first Axis buck!

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

shortysboy09
Posts in topic: 1

Re: My first Axis buck!

Post by shortysboy09 »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:Got the Hide back today!

Taxidermist said the Head should be ready soon!!! I'll post a NICE pic of it when I get it!

....And did i mention, The meat is EXCELLENT!
The meat is great. It's my favorite wild game meat.
Disclaimer for all my posts: IANAL

My setup:

Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II or Bersa Thunder .380
Crossbreed Supertuck

NRA Member
TSRA Member

TexasComputerDude

Post by TexasComputerDude »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:
I was raised with the notion that anything I killed I would have to eat. So when I fished I ate fish, when i duck hunted I ate duck gumbo, and when i killed a black bird I ate roast black bird.

:txflag:
Well, add another reason to why I hope you never have to draw your CCW in self defense.....
Glock 30 - main ccw

Topic author
ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 7

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

TexasComputerDude wrote:
ExMarlboroMan wrote:
I was raised with the notion that anything I killed I would have to eat. So when I fished I ate fish, when i duck hunted I ate duck gumbo, and when i killed a black bird I ate roast black bird.

Well, add another reason to why I hope you never have to draw your CCW in self defense.....
HAHA well said, though I believe in that unfortunate case, my Father and Grandfather would allow an exception to the rule, I know I sure would.

Other then that though...
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

JNMAR

Post by JNMAR »

NcongruNt wrote:
ExMarlboroMan wrote:Couldn't have done it without the mask, He definitely would have seen me!

Yeah some people where telling me to make a pillow out of the hide? I'm not so sure about that. I asked the taxidermist to have the extra hide tanned for me, dunno what i'll do with it just yet but i assure you nothing will go to waste. I was raised with the notion that anything I killed I would have to eat. So when I fished I ate fish, when i duck hunted I ate duck gumbo, and when i killed a black bird I ate roast black bird.

Thanks for the comments!

My hunter's ed instructor told me there are folks that eat blackbird. What's it like?

I'm guessing it tastes a lot like Crow...or chicken

NcongruNt
Posts in topic: 2

Post by NcongruNt »

JNMAR wrote:
NcongruNt wrote:
ExMarlboroMan wrote:Couldn't have done it without the mask, He definitely would have seen me!

Yeah some people where telling me to make a pillow out of the hide? I'm not so sure about that. I asked the taxidermist to have the extra hide tanned for me, dunno what i'll do with it just yet but i assure you nothing will go to waste. I was raised with the notion that anything I killed I would have to eat. So when I fished I ate fish, when i duck hunted I ate duck gumbo, and when i killed a black bird I ate roast black bird.

Thanks for the comments!

My hunter's ed instructor told me there are folks that eat blackbird. What's it like?

I'm guessing it tastes a lot like Crow...or chicken
Dark meat or white meat or both?
NRA Member
TSRA Member
My Blog: All You Really Need

Topic author
ExMarlboroMan

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

White meat if i remember correctly, but that's been so many years...
NRA Member
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

Topic author
ExMarlboroMan

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

A final pic of the mount. Currently he stays at my shop and scares off bad guys :biggrinjester: till my son is old enough that i can bring him home without fear of him being knocked off the wall.
Attachments
my Axis Buck.jpg
NRA Member

RECIT

Post by RECIT »

Impressive :txflag:
"I am a Free Man, regardless of what set of 'rules' surround me. When I find them tolerable, I tolerate them. When I find them obnoxious, I ignore them. I remain free, because I know and understand that I alone bear full responsibility for everything I do, or chose not to do."

Return to “Hunting Photos”