Empire of the Summer Moon

This section is for recommendations, reviews & questions.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Empire of the Summer Moon

Post by Paladin »

Empire of the Summer Moon: Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History

This book has 5 stars with over 12,000 ratings for a reason. Great read and its an amazing story that you might think you know, but there is so much vivid and fascinating Texas history you feel like you're actually experiencing some of it.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

threoh8
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Empire of the Summer Moon

Post by threoh8 »

Agreed. It made some connections in history for me, and added a lot of detail to the stories Dad and Grandpa had told us.
The sooner I get behind, the more time I have to catch up.

XDgal
Posts in topic: 1

Post by XDgal »

I received this book as a gift a couple of months ago. It is a great read. Not for the faint of heart! If you are interested in this subject, I highly recommend you check out the Joe Rogan interview with S. C. Gwynne, the author. It's three hours long, but, well worth it. He gives a lot more detail in the podcast.
XDgal

Topic author
Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

XDgal wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:42 pm I received this book as a gift a couple of months ago. It is a great read. Not for the faint of heart! If you are interested in this subject, I highly recommend you check out the Joe Rogan interview with S. C. Gwynne, the author. It's three hours long, but, well worth it. He gives a lot more detail in the podcast.
Thanks! :cheers2:

The book gave me so much more appreciation for Texas history and what the Anglo settlers, Cherokees, and other tribes went through. The Texas Rangers that survived that frontier crucible were a tough bunch for sure. There were such incredible highs and lows, such a thin line between total victory and total catastrophe.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Books & Videos”