Protests - the next level?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

parabelum
Posts in topic: 55

Re: Protests - the next level?

Post by parabelum »

Innocent until proven guilty...as long as you’re not a “right-winger”....

Rafe
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Rafe »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 11:34 pm
Rafe wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:44 pm And Wisconsin Deep Blue Gov. Tony Evers has told President Trump he's not welcome in Wisconsin. Trump is scheduled to visit Kenosha this Tuesday, and Evers wrote him to ask him to stay away. Evidently Evers feels the protests are cathartic, and that they are helping Kenosha "overcome division and move forward." Evers' letter to Trump said, "I am concerned your presence will only hinder our healing."

Yeah. Right. All the Dem-run cities allowing violent assaults and rioting to take place unchecked in their streets are doing a gosh-darned super-swell job of moving forward and healing.
My gosh. The thoughts leftists come up with just leaves me shaking my head in astonishment. It is like they live in some alternative universe. There is just no way they really believe some of the truly ignorant things they say. Healing??? What healing? Healing implies some sort of butt hurt has been put upon the poor dejected looters and rioters. There is no healing to be had. What they need is to all be put in jail. They are not going to stop until forced to do so. No amount of compromise is going to satisfy their taste for blood.
One of my favorite quotations from William F. Buckley, Jr., from the show Firing Line that ran until 1999:
I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.
Well, like I said, one of my favorites. Buckley also came up with these gems:
The best defense against usurpatory government is an assertive citizenry.
There is an inverse relationship between reliance on the state and self-reliance.
A Conservative is a fellow who is standing athwart history yelling 'Stop!'
One must bear in mind that the expansion of federal activity is a form of eating for politicians.
Liberals claim to want to give a hearing to other views, but then are shocked and offended to discover that there are other views.
Liberals, it has been said, are generous with other peoples' money, except when it comes to questions of national survival when they prefer to be generous with other people's freedom and security.
Buckley died in 2008. But there was once an era when the mainstream media didn't consider "conservative" and "intellectual" to be mutually exclusive terms.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

Flightmare wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:02 am
Rafe wrote: Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:44 pm And Wisconsin Deep Blue Gov. Tony Evers has told President Trump he's not welcome in Wisconsin. Trump is scheduled to visit Kenosha this Tuesday, and Evers wrote him to ask him to stay away. Evidently Evers feels the protests are cathartic, and that they are helping Kenosha "overcome division and move forward." Evers' letter to Trump said, "I am concerned your presence will only hinder our healing."

Yeah. Right. All the Dem-run cities allowing violent assaults and rioting to take place unchecked in their streets are doing a gosh-darned super-swell job of moving forward and healing.
Sounds like it comes straight out of the movie "The Purge".
Oh. Snap. I never thought of that. The Purge's "New Founding Fathers" were purposely represented as extreme-right white nutjobs...Hollywood would never have bought the script, otherwise. But flip the "New Founding Fathers" to be radical leftists and antifa Marxists, and you just painted a pretty chilling analogy of the seemingly incessant riots and violence. Next step: "To protect the cities we all live in while still giving the oppressed, the demeaned, and the overlooked the opportunity to release their just and righteous anger, for 24 hours each year..." Once they've confiscated the guns from lawful citizens, they could even use the supply as a lending library for the poor and downtrodden who can't afford their own firearms but want to exercise their right to Purge.

Er, anybody want to discuss a bunch of us chipping in to buy a couple thousand acres with a defensible perimeter, good underground water supply, and arable land?
:tiphat:

Topic author
chasfm11
Posts in topic: 12

Post by chasfm11 »

Rafe wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:49 pm

Oh. Snap. I never thought of that. The Purge's "New Founding Fathers" were purposely represented as extreme-right white nutjobs...Hollywood would never have bought the script, otherwise. But flip the "New Founding Fathers" to be radical leftists and antifa Marxists, and you just painted a pretty chilling analogy of the seemingly incessant riots and violence. Next step: "To protect the cities we all live in while still giving the oppressed, the demeaned, and the overlooked the opportunity to release their just and righteous anger, for 24 hours each year..." Once they've confiscated the guns from lawful citizens, they could even use the supply as a lending library for the poor and downtrodden who can't afford their own firearms but want to exercise their right to Purge.

Er, anybody want to discuss a bunch of us chipping in to buy a couple thousand acres with a defensible perimeter, good underground water supply, and arable land?
You had me at "confiscated guns" I'll put money on the table that says that is not going to happen. They could pick us off one at a time but any mass effort is not going to end well, if they can even get anyone to attempt to carry it out. Given that the same people are the ones who are anti-police, I cannot imagine the wide-spread support for the confiscation concept among the police forces who serve the places where most of the guns actually are.

As far as the arable land, i'm in.
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

philip964
Posts in topic: 155

Post by philip964 »

There was some family discussion Sunday about maybe needing to find a place. I suggested Montana or Idaho (sorry, if you are forced out of Texas where do you go) ( sorry, heaven, I forgot )

Well anyway a member of the family piped up, not Montana or Idaho that’s where all those crazy far right wing militias are.

It’s pretty easy to spot people who listen to MSM.

kayt00
Posts in topic: 2

Post by kayt00 »

philip964 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:57 pm

There was some family discussion Sunday about maybe needing to find a place. I suggested Montana or Idaho (sorry, if you are forced out of Texas where do you go) ( sorry, heaven, I forgot )

Well anyway a member of the family piped up, not Montana or Idaho that’s where all those crazy far right wing militias are.

Wyoming or Northeastern Utah (Uintah Basin) but only as a last resort.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Nevermind...
All lost in a tragic kayaking incident.
Bring back BitterClinger

Dave2
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Dave2 »

Did they spot the error themselves?
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Dave2 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:14 pm

Did they spot the error themselves?
No. But we tried to pry out of her, specifics. Was it the man who baracaded him self on his ranch and the FBI came and killed his wife while she was holding a baby? Was it the man who sawed off a shot gun and before it was over 100 people had died? Or was it some ranchers who wanted to burn brush on federal land they were leasing? No. No. And No. I just know there were militias.

https://www.gofundme.com/f/georgefloyd

Speaking of militias. They want them banned in Wisconsin.

Is this how we get guns confiscated? No militias, no guns?

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

kayt00 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:05 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:57 pm There was some family discussion Sunday about maybe needing to find a place. I suggested Montana or Idaho (sorry, if you are forced out of Texas where do you go) ( sorry, heaven, I forgot )

Okay. I don't want to derail this topic any more than I already have, so I'll stop after this. Dunno why, but some time ago I started following the real estate company Hall and Hall's YouTube channel. Just for those daydream moments of, "I wonder what I'd do if I suddenly had 100 million dollars extra to spend?"

But their videos are always pretty good, and most of the properties are pretty spectacular. As an example, here's a property that sold in 2017 to an individual buyer, for his personal use, for $28 million. Some of the listings are larger than this 15,000 acre ranch, but Kessler Canyon in Colorado was move-in ready for a shooter. Check the two walk-in gun vaults and the eight-station shooting range; also has a dog kennel and a complete game cleaning and prep facility.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Rafe wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:21 pm
kayt00 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 2:05 pm
philip964 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 1:57 pm There was some family discussion Sunday about maybe needing to find a place. I suggested Montana or Idaho (sorry, if you are forced out of Texas where do you go) ( sorry, heaven, I forgot )

Okay. I don't want to derail this topic any more than I already have, so I'll stop after this. Dunno why, but some time ago I started following the real estate company Hall and Hall's YouTube channel. Just for those daydream moments of, "I wonder what I'd do if I suddenly had 100 million dollars extra to spend?"

But their videos are always pretty good, and most of the properties are pretty spectacular. As an example, here's a property that sold in 2017 to an individual buyer, for his personal use, for $28 million. Some of the listings are larger than this 15,000 acre ranch, but Kessler Canyon in Colorado was move-in ready for a shooter. Check the two walk-in gun vaults and the eight-station shooting range; also has a dog kennel and a complete game cleaning and prep facility.

Dang.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020 ... as-cities/

Biden comes out of basement and blames Trump for riots carried out by people that hate him.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://babylonbee.com/news/large-turno ... ce-officer

Large turnout in LA (so far peaceful) for a memorial to man killed by a police officer when he was thrown off of a building during a fight, when he resisted arrest.

Footage available shows police officer shouting racist language afterwards.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2020/08 ... s-angeles/

The post above this one is a joke.

This one is not.

Police shoot armed black man in LA.

https://www.toptradeguru.com/riots/brea ... black-man/

Crowds gathering.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 9

Post by RoyGBiv »

philip964 wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:50 pm https://babylonbee.com/news/large-turno ... ce-officer

Large turnout in LA (so far peaceful) for a memorial to man killed by a police officer when he was thrown off of a building during a fight, when he resisted arrest.

Footage available shows police officer shouting racist language afterwards.
Is it Christmas already?
It's not Christmas without Hans flying off Nakatomi Plaza.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 4

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Saw this on Twitter this morning:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://apple.news/Aw8cmBTdvSeGpsrNIk7HyIg

WAPO.

Police getting cozy with extreme right wing counter protestors.

Aww. A problem when your on the wrong side WAPO.

Return to “Off-Topic”