Trump Debate...

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
parabelum
Posts in topic: 3

Trump Debate...

Post by parabelum »

He did great. Joe, the commie blew it big. I suspect Trump victory.
:patriot:

flechero
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Trump Debate...

Post by flechero »

I didn't get to watch... so you are saying a week off for debate prep wasn't quite enough for ol joe?

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

Nope, he was a bit sleepy, blabbing idiot.

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Actually, Joe did a lot better than I expected. He spouted the same tired old politician's bull talking points, but at least he didn't fall on his face as we've seen so many times.

Kudos to the moderator. She did a much better job than expected. She (mostly) refrained from inserting herself into the debate and she did ask Joe some questions that others would have avoided.

Overall, I think it was a Trump win.

Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

2farnorth

Post by 2farnorth »

It got to a point that I could not watch it any more. Joe was better than expected. Wonder if he had some medicinal assistance!
N5PNZ

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

President Trump kept his control and composure much better in this debate. I feel he won "bigly".

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Trump spoke to his base instead of the undecideds. Fail.
Joe spent a lot of time searching for words, but he did a much better job hitting the topics.

Trump is going to club him like a baby seal over his comments on fossil fuels and f r a c k I NG.
Somehow, the Hunter emails seem not to matter much. That's baffling.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Middle Age Russ

Post by Middle Age Russ »

Somehow, the Hunter emails seem not to matter much. That's baffling.
The Left has successfully attacked morals along with every institution and ideal that supports healthy civilization -- to the point that we no longer require our representatives to be persons of character. The accelerating pace of scandalous revelations about our representatives has left us with a dangerously lax attitude about such things, so huge swaths of the population simply shrug allegations of corruption and influence peddling off. I'd say we deserve more, but we deserve what we are getting every time we fail to support good candidates and settle for the "lesser of two evils". We have to change our behavior/attitudes and personally aspire to be people of character if we expect different (better) results.
Russ
Stay aware and engaged. Awareness buys time; time buys options. Survival may require moving quickly past the Observe, Orient and Decide steps to ACT.
NRA Life Member, CRSO, Basic Pistol, PPITH & PPOTH Instructor, Texas 4-H Certified Pistol & Rifle Coach, Texas LTC Instructor

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:30 am Trump spoke to his base instead of the undecideds. Fail.
I don't agree that would be a fail. I don't believe for one second there are any "undecideds" left. The vast majority has made up their mind on who they want to win. At this point, convincing as many of the base to vote as possible is most important goal.

Rafe

Post by Rafe »

RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:30 am Somehow, the Hunter emails seem not to matter much. That's baffling.
One interesting subliminal-sorta fact was that Tony Bobulinski was at the debate as a Trump guest, which means he was fairly near the front. Where Sleepy Joe could see him. At least we think; we really don't know how Joe's eyesight is. But remember during the "racist" back-and-forth when Trump mentioned, "It's pretty dark in here. I can't see everybody"? I think that was an NLP (neuro-linguistic programming) signal to Biden to look out at the audience so he'd be sure to see Bobulinski sitting there.

What's so really frightening is that the Democratic base's expectations are set so low that they're somewhere down in Joe's basement. If he can remember where he is and what office he's running for and, mostly, speak in complete sentences, it's a huge win! Even at his best today, his good days are clearly far behind him.

When he began to talk about the "thug" dictators, he obviously intended to say their names. But he couldn't remember "Kim Jong-un" or "Xi Jinping," so he stumbled over them and went to the only name he could remember, Putin.

At one point--in reference to what I don't remember--he said 500,000 and then immediately correct himself to 50,000.

He said that another 200,000 Americans would die from COVID-19 "by the end of the year." Since the first U.S. death 10 months ago, official numbers as of yesterday were showing a total of 223,000 deaths. So Creepy Joe believes that we'll equal that 10-month number in the next 10 weeks? To quote a frequent Bidenism, "Come on, man!"

And how about that "N1H1"? Let's hear from Ron Klain, the Obama administration's Ebola Response Coordinator:

"The fact is that he’s already cost the American people because of his terrible handling of the Covid virus and economic spillover. Ten million people have lost their private insurance," Biden said during the debate. Biden was evidently basing this number on a July Urban Institute study that was trying to project to the end of the year based on then-current employment numbers. But Sleepy Joe failed to read the whole thing. The study ended up projecting that only one-third that number, about 3 million would actually be left uninsured. But besides, unemployment rates began rebounding in the summer, so even the 3 million proved to be inflated.

"If in fact he continues to withhold — his plan to withhold the tax on Social Security, Social Security will be bankrupt by 2023. With no way to make up for it," Creepy Joe said. Wrong. Trump referred to forgiving the short-term deferred amount, not canceling the tax. The Treasury Department said that the measure will not harm the Social Security trust funds because the deferral is temporary, and the funds must be repaid. Only Congress has the power to eliminate the payroll tax, either temporarily or permanently. You should know that part, Joe, having been in Washington for 47 years.

And then...the energy sector. Joe popped himself in the foot with #2 shot out of a 10-gauge with that one. Shut down the oil & gas industries, shall we? When no one has proven that "green" energy is as yet a capable or sustainable replacement? Kill millions of jobs (technically 9.8 million, or 5.6% of total U.S. employment) in the hopes that all those people plus many more will find new jobs that haven't even started to exist yet? Place us once again at the mercy of the other global oil producing countries like OPEC, Russia, and Iran?

Fox News didn't televise it live (don't know if any other network did) but either Joe or his handlers quickly realized he had made a terrible mistake there at the end of the debate--in his defense, he had probably become very tired; 96 minutes is a long time for Joe to stay on his feet and lucid--but he held an impromptu press conference after the debate out in the parking lot. He tried to explain what he'd really meant, i.e., listen to what I say now, not what I said in the debate. He said that he didn't mean he would ban fossil fuels. Even though he said it. What he meant was he would look at possibly reducing subsidies, and then plan a move toward "green" energy, but that it would take a very long time. Today, possibly-future-president Kamala Harris also tried to say Biden didn't say what he said. Campaigning in Georgia, she said, "You know, the president likes to take everything out of context," Harris said. "Let's be clear: What Joe was talking about was banning subsidies, but he will not ban [the autodeleted oil extraction from shale word] in America."
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

DEB

Post by DEB »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:14 am
RoyGBiv wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:30 am Trump spoke to his base instead of the undecideds. Fail.
I don't agree that would be a fail. I don't believe for one second there are any "undecideds" left. The vast majority has made up their mind on who they want to win. At this point, convincing as many of the base to vote as possible is most important goal.
:iagree: This...Being undecided today in the US, is like someone being undecided in Sarajevo in 1994. No one who intends to vote is or even can be neutral in this very un-civil election we are engaged in now.
Unless we keep the barbarian virtues, gaining the civilized ones will be of little avail. Oversentimentality, oversoftness, washiness, and mushiness are the great dangers of this age and of this people." Teddy Roosevelt"
DEB=Daniel E Bertram
U.S. Army Retired, (Sapper). VFW Life Member.

Topic author
parabelum

Post by parabelum »

DEB wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:41 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 8:14 am
:iagree: This...Being undecided today in the US, is like someone being undecided in Sarajevo in 1994. No one who intends to vote is or even can be neutral in this very un-civil election we are engaged in now.
Love the analogy Sir, I’ve been in Sarajevo in 1994. Wasn’t undecided. :tiphat:

Return to “Off-Topic”