Farewell

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

cmgee67
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Farewell

Post by cmgee67 »

I originally did not join this forum for the language or the people. I joined it because I wanted to find a place to give me good information on Texas gun laws and other topics firearms related. Since joining 6 years ago this year, I believe it is one of the best sites in regards to firearms and laws in Texas. Using expletives to get your point across does not make you more of a Man or Woman. It simply proves that you cannot or do not want to take the time to come up with a sentence that gets to the same point without the bad language. This site is a fresh breath of air compared to some other forums I am a part of. And the funny thing is, I never stay there due to the horrible atmosphere. I hope you stay and contribute. I have seen some valuable posts and good information from you over the years. Take care.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

I'm certain in my life I've used foul language on more than one occasion :biggrinjester:

But the bible does urge us to use the language of thanksgiving rather than obscenity, foolish talk or coarse joking. These are stressful times for all of us and I'd hate to see a good forum member go, but elevated use of language and polite discussion are one of the things that sets this forum apart from the rest. Its not always easy, but doing the right thing isn't always easy.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

puma guy

Post by puma guy »

parabelum, I've always enjoyed you're posts and comments. Many short and to the point. I hope you'll reconsider, at least keep your account open and wait a while. If after a period of time you choose to leave permanently I know you''l be missed.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

I hope you reconsider, brother. A lot of us have been censored.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Ed4032

Post by Ed4032 »

I’m sure that what you said about Williams is true and you probably were holding back some, but this isn’t the best place for that. Don’t let Juan Williams cause you to leave.
Gun control is like stopping drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to drive.

NRA Life Member

flechero
Posts in topic: 2

Post by flechero »

Don’t let Juan Williams cause you to leave.
No kidding, that's a free win for the left.

carlson1 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:33 pm I have had post deleted more than I can count
For some reason that makes me feel better. :lol: I let myself get offended when I got a post deleted without explanation a while back.... but it seems I'm in good company so I'll just try to keep it 12yo appropriate!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

parabelum wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:21 pm After 6 years being a member here, I’ve had enough of censorship. Last straw was when my post was deemed as profane because I called that leftist moron Juan Williams a “ illegitimate child ”. Really, a “ illegitimate child” is such a profane word?! Drawing a line in the sand. Many thanks for all Patriots I had pleasure to meet here, Carl etc. Wish everyone all the best.
I checked the Admin Log and I can't see that you have had a post deleted; at least not in the last six months. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but there's no entry in the Admin Log.

As for your post, at least the part you quoted in this thread, you need to consider that enemies of the Second Amendment read the Forum on a regular basis. We know this because they quote us in their propaganda rags. When people post unfounded, highly provocative, comments about people, those comments are used to portray gun owners as foul-mouthed knuckle-draggers who opinions should be ignored. That is counter-productive in terms of convincing undecided voters that the Second Amendment is critical to a free America.

"Illegitimate child" is not a profane phrase, but calling him a moron and accusing him of being an "illegitimate child" certainly violates the spirit of the Forum rules if not the express requirements of the rules.

Chas.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

flechero wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 am

carlson1 wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:33 pm I have had post deleted more than I can count
For some reason that makes me feel better. :lol: I let myself get offended when I got a post deleted without explanation a while back.... but it seems I'm in good company so I'll just try to keep it 12yo appropriate!
I've deleted my own posts after cooling off and realizing I've violated the rules or the spirit of the rules. I've also apologized to Members when I posted something that was, or could have been, taken in a manner I had not intended.

Chas.

Grayling813

Post by Grayling813 »

parabelum wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:21 pm After 6 years being a member here, I’ve had enough of censorship. Last straw was when my post was deemed as profane because I called that leftist moron Juan Williams a “ illegitimate child ”. Really, a “ illegitimate child” is such a profane word?! Drawing a line in the sand. Many thanks for all Patriots I had pleasure to meet here, Carl etc. Wish everyone all the best.
Stick around, we’re better with you than without you.

I know I have posted unacceptable words in the heat of the moment. And have had posts deleted, or gone back to edit/delete my posts.

It’s really difficult the past few years when it seems like half of your fellow citizens despise and hate you...and make it extremely hard for you to not feel the same way about them.

Vol Texan

Post by Vol Texan »

Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:48 pm
flechero wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:08 am
I've deleted my own posts after cooling off and realizing I've violated the rules or the spirit of the rules. I've also apologized to Members when I posted something that was, or could have been, taken in a manner I had not intended.

Chas.
I have to say that I do recall this happening several times over the past few years. I did a quick search on Charles' posts for the word 'apologize', and I stopped counting after finding four instances on the first two pages. I find it refreshing that a forum mod would not only censor themselves, but publicly out themselves for their own missteps. That's a rare quality in a board moderator, at least from my perspective.
Your best option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
When those fail, aim for center mass.

www.HoustonLTC.com Texas LTC Instructor | www.Texas3006.com Moderator | Tennessee Squire | Armored Cavalry

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

I've found myself frustrated at times over the censorship here, but not really anything to get angry about. It's important to understand that one of the purposes of this forum is present a positive view of the gun community to the outside world.

I used to get frustrated at the blocking of, what to me, are some innocent terms. Such as oil drilling terms, "covering ones donkey", or the underworld. A lot of the terminology is to be found in the respected King James version of the bible. That being said I do enjoy the polite exchange of ideas, that isn't always found in other forums. The lack of rude and crude dialog is truly refreshing. This is Charles' forum and it's up to him where to draw the line.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

The post was not deleted, merely edited to remove the comment with the word violation.
Charles L. Cotton wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:47 pm
I checked the Admin Log and I can't see that you have had a post deleted; at least not in the last six months. I'm not saying it didn't happen, but there's no entry in the Admin Log.

As for your post, at least the part you quoted in this thread, you need to consider that enemies of the Second Amendment read the Forum on a regular basis. We know this because they quote us in their propaganda rags. When people post unfounded, highly provocative, comments about people, those comments are used to portray gun owners as foul-mouthed knuckle-draggers who opinions should be ignored. That is counter-productive in terms of convincing undecided voters that the Second Amendment is critical to a free America.

"Illegitimate child" is not a profane phrase, but calling him a moron and accusing him of being an "illegitimate child" certainly violates the spirit of the Forum rules if not the express requirements of the rules.

Chas.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

cirus

Post by cirus »

After my response on this post he emailed me and we chatted a little. He's done.

Return to “Off-Topic”