Stop the Bleed is a must for a anyone

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Mike S
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Stop the Bleed is a must for a anyone

Post by Mike S »

The month of May was "Stop the Bleed Month".I was a bit slow in finishing up the editing, but here's my contribution to the effort for 2023.

It's the full Stop the Bleed - Basic course, plus demonstration of the three skills stations of Direct Pressure / Tourniquet Application / Wound Packing.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

I'll be spending some time looking at this video. Thanks for sharing.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:25 am I'll be spending some time looking at this video. Thanks for sharing.
:tiphat:
You're very welcome!

If you find it value added, please click the 'Share' button & send a link to your family, friends, & range buddies.

And of course, Likes & Subscribes are always helpful as well with the YouTube algorithm. Just sayin'!

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Here's this year's contribution for Stop the Bleed Month. Updated with better B Roll video for some of the skills demo.

I'll go into more detail in separate videos on each of the topics, which allowed this one to be about half as long as last year's video.

Let me know what ya'll think!

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Mike S wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:05 am Lots of good discussion points already posted on this thread, so I'll only add a couple of quick thoughts.
Just wanted to say, GREAT post Mike. I know its a bit old.

Also, I just wanted to say the TCCC (Tactical Combat Casualty Care) that was taught by S12 Premier Training Event back in 2018 is available on youtube in a condensed 3-hour version of its 9.5 hour medical day focus from the program. Its not as good as an in-person class, but it is a good refresher if you need to stay up on skills every year or so. Particularly after taking your own class at some point.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF5GhoYKK3g

If you carry a firearm and have no medical with no medical training, you are using your firearm as a good luck totem and aren't nearly as prepared as you may think. At least in-vehicle supplies should be available to you. A medical need (even for yourself) is about 100 times more likely than a deadly force encounter, and yet many don't even process the medical "If this then so that" thought exercises for them.

Get in a stop the bleed or better class when you can. :txflag:

Paladin
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Paladin »

Thanks for the vids! :cheers2:

I'm always looking for good refresher medical training
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Off-Topic”