Dad Arrested for Defending Daughter?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

AJMag
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Dad Arrested for Defending Daughter?

Post by AJMag »

My dad would have helped the girls dad beat my hind quarters had I been one of those boys. Had the girl been part of my family, not only would I have joined dad in dishing some pain, but mom would have brought some pain down on the girl.

strider67

Post by strider67 »

RPBrown wrote:I have 4 daughters and whenever one would bring a boy home I would always be cleaning a gun of some sort.
That is my intended plan, as well. I have a 6-year-old daughter, so luckily I have another 24 years of gun-cleaning practice before I allow her to start dating!
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

I certainly understand the father's anger (I have a daughter and a son) but you cannot let your anger control your actions. There was no crime being committed. It was consensual and both the boys and the daughter are responsible. The beatings and the drawing of the weapon were uncalled for.

If I caught my daughter in this situation I would take everyone of them into the living room and call their parents. As they are waiting I would have given them a piece of my mind. I would want to beat the snot out of them but I wouldn't in this situation.

As, for my daughter you can bet she would be in a heap of trouble!

Texas Size 11
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Texas Size 11 »

i8godzilla wrote:As the Father of both a daughter and son, I can say that boys were lucky not to be thrown out of the house butt-naked. If my son came home and told me the story those boys told their fathers, I can bet I would have wanted to tan his hide.

I believe the girl's father wanted to scare them and pulled his gun from his holster. I can only hope that he really did not point it at the boys but who knows?
Same here...I have 2 daughters and one son. My son would have been terrified if he came home and told me that story. Being told he could have been shot by the girl's father would be the least of his concerns. My daughters would have been calling the cops the minute I got home to come bail her out of the whuppin Dad would be unleashing.

That being said, I hope I have raised my kids to know and do better, but kids are stupid some times when it comes to hormones. I know I was at that age, but I would have been beat thoroughly if I was caught in this situation.
Never pet a burning dog...

Purplehood

Post by Purplehood »

"Romeo and Juliet" statute?

I know that when I was sixteen (in Colorado) I got nabbed in my girlfriends bedroom by her Daddy while wearing nothing but my socks. He called the Cops. All the Cops wanted to do was find out the juicy details...the girls parents and my Mom were more furious at the Officer than they were at me.
Life NRA
USMC 76-93
USAR 99-07 (Retired)
OEF 06-07

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

DONT TREAD ON ME wrote:I certainly understand the father's anger (I have a daughter and a son) but you cannot let your anger control your actions. There was no crime being committed. It was consensual and both the boys and the daughter are responsible. The beatings and the drawing of the weapon were uncalled for.
The article said they were sixteen...no crime?
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

AJMag

Post by AJMag »

Dragonfighter wrote:
DONT TREAD ON ME wrote:I certainly understand the father's anger (I have a daughter and a son) but you cannot let your anger control your actions. There was no crime being committed. It was consensual and both the boys and the daughter are responsible. The beatings and the drawing of the weapon were uncalled for.
Depends on your own definition of crime. I agree it does take to two tango, so in that sence no crime as if she were being raped or something violent natured. Certainly nothing worth pulling a gun over.

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

strider67 wrote:
RPBrown wrote:I have 4 daughters and whenever one would bring a boy home I would always be cleaning a gun of some sort.
That is my intended plan, as well. I have a 6-year-old daughter, so luckily I have another 24 years of gun-cleaning practice before I allow her to start dating!
Strider: It works, btdt. :cheers2:

RP: You have several thinks coming on that one. It isn't going to happen that way. You have MAYBE 10 years. If you get lucky, very lucky. "rlol" :evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

flb_78

Post by flb_78 »

AJMag wrote:I agree it does take to two tango,
What dance requires 4 people?
http://www.AmarilloGunOwners.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zergrush

Post by Zergrush »

AJMag wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:
Depends on your own definition of crime. I agree it does take to two tango, so in that sence no crime as if she were being raped or something violent natured. Certainly nothing worth pulling a gun over.
Reading the actual law, 17 is the cutoff age, but there's also a close in age exemption. Otherwise she would be guilty of the same crime. Think about that for a minute.

I think it's good the man who assaulted the teens was arrested. He's one step away from the people who commit "honor killings" in other cultures.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Dragonfighter wrote:
Seems to me that the daughter was a willing participant and the age of consent in WA is 16. So, no crime.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
strider67 wrote:

RP: You have several thinks coming on that one. It isn't going to happen that way. You have MAYBE 10 years. If you get lucky, very lucky. "rlol" :evil2:

It worked for me although the girls were not always happy about it. All but 1(the oldest) are now married. However, the one that is not married is a very good shot (wonder if that is why she is not married)
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

RPBrown wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
strider67 wrote:

It worked for me although the girls were not always happy about it. All but 1(the oldest) are now married. However, the one that is not married is a very good shot (wonder if that is why she is not married)
OOPS! I got strider and RP reversed on my comments. Sorry about that! "rlol"
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

strider67

Post by strider67 »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
RPBrown wrote:
OldCurlyWolf wrote:
strider67 wrote:

OOPS! I got strider and RP reversed on my comments. Sorry about that! "rlol"
No worries, OldCurlyWolf, I got the messagae...I'm just in denial! :mrgreen: And RP, I already have her shooting a .22 rifle, and she's pretty good at it. She told me just the other day she wanted me to take her shooting again (just a few weeks from her introduction)! I almost cried! :lol:
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

There is nothing new under the sun. Both youths and adults have been experimenting with sex for several years now. I can remember.....fondly.

I will say that I'm glad, real glad, that I never had any daughters.

Return to “Off-Topic”