"Father" Abducts and Drowns Children - Ages 3 and 5

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
DONT TREAD ON ME

"Father" Abducts and Drowns Children - Ages 3 and 5

Post by DONT TREAD ON ME »

Here is a tragic story of a "father" abducting and drowning his two sons.

I am posting it because I am wondering if anyone can enlighten me on why the constable did not chase the "father" when he was informed of what was going on and he saw the guy jump the curb and flee?

It is my understanding that constables can make arrests for crimes committed in their presence anywhere in Texas and can enforce traffic laws in their county. So why on earth would he not do anything but call the police? Couldn't he have followed and maintained contact while calling the police? Had he done his job (at least my understanding of his job) there is a possibility that the boys could have been saved.

I am not bashing LEOs I have the utmost respect for them I am just baffled as to why the lack of action on his part to attempt to rescue the children.

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 4

Re: "Father" Abducts and Drowns Children - Ages 3 and 5

Post by Pawpaw »

They had a blurb about that on the news this morning.

The Dallas Constable's office has a "no pursuit" policy. Apparently, his car didn't even have lights, siren.

I'm not saying I agree with the policy or the deputy constable's inaction, just that those are the rules. Seems like chicken poop to me.
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

Topic author
DONT TREAD ON ME

I agree it does sound like chicken poop.

So, what good are they if they cannot pursue? Seriously, what good did the constable do by not being able to pursue? Absolutely none. yes, he called the police but all he was able to do was give a description of the vehicle and a direction he was heading. If that was not the policy he would have been able to at least follow and give an actual location of the guy. Also, he would have been able to attempt to stop the drownings as he would have been there. This no pursuit policy could very well have just cost two very young boys their lives.

It seems like a very poor policy.

Crossfire
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Crossfire »

There must be different types of constables. I know, for a FACT, that Dallas County Constables can, and do, write traffic tickets. I believe that might involve "pursuit". Unless they are brave enough to step out in front of a speeding car and holler "Hey you! Pull over!"

Still, this is a terrible tragedy. It takes a sick person to harm innocent children just to cause pain to someone else.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

Topic author
DONT TREAD ON ME

It is my understanding that constables can enforce traffic violations in their own county but can enforce Texas law anywhere in Texas if they see the crime. I agree with you Crossfire, how can they do so without some sort of pursuit. I would like to see this policy and the definition of pursuit they give.

As you can tell this really bugs me. I have two step-children that I absolutely adore and have taken care of since they were 2 and 4. To read about something like this happening is just sickening and then to read that there was a constable right there that didn't do anything possibly because it was against policy is very unsettling.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

XtremeDuty.45 wrote:Here is a tragic story of a "father" abducting and drowning his two sons.

I am posting it because I am wondering if anyone can enlighten me on why the constable did not chase the "father" when he was informed of what was going on and he saw the guy jump the curb and flee?

It is my understanding that constables can make arrests for crimes committed in their presence anywhere in Texas and can enforce traffic laws in their county. So why on earth would he not do anything but call the police? Couldn't he have followed and maintained contact while calling the police? Had he done his job (at least my understanding of his job) there is a possibility that the boys could have been saved.

I am not bashing LEOs I have the utmost respect for them I am just baffled as to why the lack of action on his part to attempt to rescue the children.
I see this as a "justice" system problem, not a police problem.....violent offenders get off too easily:

Muhammad was previously convicted of violent behavior.

In September 2009, he pleaded guilty to aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second degree felony, and received five years' probation. According to court records, the charge stemmed from a complaint from his sister that he had struck her in the head with a hammer.

Muhammad also has convictions for burglary of a vehicle, theft by check and marijuana possession, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety's online data base.

A guy with a criminal record gets no prison time for assault with a deadly weapon? Where does the liberal media fantasy that Texas is hard on criminals come from? It doesn't give the dates of his other crimes, but if they occurred before the assault he should have gone to prison (though I think he should have gone to prison for attempting to kill his sister even if he had no record). If they occurred after, his probation should have been revoked and he should have served out his sentence in prison. If this piece of human debris had gone to prison, where he belonged, the kids would still be alive today.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

Not many moons ago, a woman from the Houston area drowned her kids on instructions from the devil. As sick, cruel and demented as her actions were, it is my understanding that she is no longer incarcerated - either in an asylum or a penitentiary. :roll:

schufflerbot

Post by schufflerbot »

as a father of a 1.5 year old, this makes me sick to my stomach.

my heart goes out to those kids and any decent family they leave behind, may they RIP.

speedsix
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedsix »

...this case SHOULD have been gun related...pity they took him alive...

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

schufflerbot wrote:as a father of a 1.5 year old, this makes me sick to my stomach.

my heart goes out to those kids and any decent family they leave behind, may they RIP.
:iagree: on both parts.
Psalm 91:2

thatguy

Post by thatguy »

SQLGeek wrote:
schufflerbot wrote:as a father of a 1.5 year old, this makes me sick to my stomach.

:iagree: on both parts.
How can any person intentionally harm a child, especially their own?
In the endless pursuit of perfection, we may achieve excellence.

Texas LTC and School Safety Instructor and NRA Training Counselor

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

Follow-up info on why the deputy constable didn't pursue.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/dallas-C ... 89838.html
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

speedsix
Posts in topic: 2

Post by speedsix »

...the last two sentences of that article cap it off for me...I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I let "POLICY' trump my LEO oath or my manly responsibility...

Texas Size 11

Post by Texas Size 11 »

One of the grandparents works downstairs in the building I work in. It is sad and her place of employment is collecting donations for the funeral. I cannot imagine the pain she is feeling.
Never pet a burning dog...

Pawpaw

Post by Pawpaw »

More info is coming out about the Dallas Constable's office. It looks to me like some heads need to roll! :mad5

http://www.wfaa.com/news/crime/Dallas-d ... 62828.html

Return to “Off-Topic”