New York activating National Guard

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Soccerdad1995
Posts in topic: 3

New York activating National Guard

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

So apparently the New York governor (the new one not the sexual predator) is thinking about activating the National Guard to staff hospitals that are short on doctors, nurses, and others after she decided to fire a bunch of them (cause they wouldn't submit to her will on Covid vaccinations).

Maybe I'm missing something here, but don't most all of the doctors and nurses in the New York National Guard already have jobs, likely as doctors and nurses in New York state hospitals? So the new governor is planning to tell them to stop going to work in hospitals cause they're being activated, then she'll send them to work in hospitals. Likely in or near the same area they already work in?

Seems like a rather interesting way to completely waste money and time with no net benefit (actually a net negative as time is lost re-coordinating everyone). Surely even a Democrat can't be quite this stupid?

longtooth
Posts in topic: 1

Re: New York activating National Guard

Post by longtooth »

I don't know. If you can't fix stupid then you can't fix a little stupid. Given time even little stupid grows into big stupid.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

mayor

Post by mayor »

longtooth wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:04 pm I don't know. If you can't fix stupid then you can't fix a little stupid. Given time even little stupid grows into big stupid.
:lol:
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:44 pm So apparently the New York governor (the new one not the sexual predator) is thinking about activating the National Guard to staff hospitals that are short on doctors, nurses, and others after she decided to fire a bunch of them (cause they wouldn't submit to her will on Covid vaccinations).

Maybe I'm missing something here, but don't most all of the doctors and nurses in the New York National Guard already have jobs, likely as doctors and nurses in New York state hospitals? So the new governor is planning to tell them to stop going to work in hospitals cause they're being activated, then she'll send them to work in hospitals. Likely in or near the same area they already work in?

Seems like a rather interesting way to completely waste money and time with no net benefit (actually a net negative as time is lost re-coordinating everyone). Surely even a Democrat can't be quite this stupid?
They will be cheaper?

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pushpullpete »

Soccerdad1995, you don't know very many democrats do you.
To be fair to a couple people SOME democrats are actually quite intelligent.

:txflag: :patriot:

Topic author
Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

mayor wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:08 pm
longtooth wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:04 pm I don't know. If you can't fix stupid then you can't fix a little stupid. Given time even little stupid grows into big stupid.
:lol:
Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:44 pm So apparently the New York governor (the new one not the sexual predator) is thinking about activating the National Guard to staff hospitals that are short on doctors, nurses, and others after she decided to fire a bunch of them (cause they wouldn't submit to her will on Covid vaccinations).

They will be cheaper?
I hadn't even thought of that. So the doctor gives up his "civilian" salary and gets paid his National Guard wage by the state. It's essentially a tax on those NY health care workers who volunteered to serve in the National Guard and who got vaccinated as the governor demanded. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that she'd want to punish them.

Topic author
Soccerdad1995

Post by Soccerdad1995 »

pushpullpete wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:14 pm Soccerdad1995, you don't know very many democrats do you.

I firmly believe there are two types of democrats:

1. Those who don't take the time to really think about things and just go with the solution that "feels" kind.
2. Those who understand their "solutions" are non-sensical and are simply power hungry.

Democrat leadership is comprised mostly of those in the second group.

pushpullpete
Posts in topic: 2

Post by pushpullpete »

Soccerdad1995 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:18 pm
pushpullpete wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:14 pm Soccerdad1995, you don't know very many democrats do you.

I firmly believe there are two types of democrats:

1. Those who don't take the time to really think about things and just go with the solution that "feels" kind.
2. Those who understand their "solutions" are non-sensical and are simply power hungry.

Democrat leadership is comprised mostly of those in the second group.
Sad, but true.

philip964

Post by philip964 »

This is Tucker Carlson from last night. This has about everything from National Guard doctors and nurses to fining your employer $700k for you not being vaccinated.

It is really hard to listen to and realize it’s America we are talking about.

wheelgun1958

Post by wheelgun1958 »

I suppose these 'fired' workers were state employees. Otherwise, how could the governor fire them?

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

The best part is that this plan is a zero sum game. It doesn't alleviate the staffing shortages at all - it'll simply shift the staffing holes around from where the troops are assigned to where they were working in the civilian world. i also suspect that there aren't nearly enough medically trained national guard troops in NY to make up for all the fired nurses and doctors. Only a democrat could try to sell this as a good idea.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

wheelgun1958 wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:25 pm I suppose these 'fired' workers were state employees. Otherwise, how could the governor fire them?
We would like to believe they were, but I doubt there are that many state operated hospitals. It is probably a mandate that all healthcare workers or some other such outrageous thing that the people didn't realize the government had seized the power to do. Or they do know they had given them that authority, but didn't think they would abuse it this way. If the latter is the case or in either situation I also have doubts they currently have the will to make the changes needed to reign their political leaders in.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

this morning on fox with maria it was mentioned that nearly thousands, yes with a "S" of federal and other law enforcement are choosing to leave employment than be forced to vaccinate for covid. many argue they already had the virus and have anti bodies proven by cdc to be just as effective as the shot, and in many cases more robust than the shot.
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Conscientiousness is generally a key ingredient for success—in love as well as work. It's also a major predictor of health, well-being, and longevity.
Conservatives/right-wingers tend to be high in Conscientiousness (particularly in the Conscientiousness aspect of Orderliness) and low in Openness to Experience while liberals/left-wingers tend to have the reverse pattern (low Conscientiousness (particularly aspect Orderliness) and high Openness to Experience.
-jordan peterson

Low-Conscientiousness alone explains that the left wing should never be in a position of authority as they have a high tendency towards failure. At best they are sources of new ideas.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Off-Topic”