Dallas County Hosting Gun Buy Back

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 5

Dallas County Hosting Gun Buy Back

Post by carlson1 »

If you have some HR or RG .22’s here is your chance.

Tex1961
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Dallas County Hosting Gun Buy Back

Post by Tex1961 »

Crap, I’m working that day. Otherwise I’d suggest a few of us meet up and setup a table. 😎

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

I am not for sure how they think this makes the City safer. I am so glad not be living in Dallas. I am just over the river and that is too close.

Jose_in_Dallas
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

When DeSoto did this a couple of years back, I sold them a broken single shot bolt action .22 LR for a $100 Walmart gift card. I thought I did pretty good.

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:38 pm When DeSoto did this a couple of years back, I sold them a broken single shot bolt action .22 LR for a $100 Walmart gift card. I thought I did pretty good.
You did great. I am just curious so they collect any personal information from you?

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

I have 2 guns that didn't cost me anything because they were gifts from my dad when I was about 10-11 years old. One is a single shot shotgun and the other a single shot 22. Beyond those 2, the rest of my firearms, like most of those here, cost well above the $100.00 buy back they are paying. I may have been born at night, but it wasn't last night. But then again, they will get some looking for a quick buck.
Wonder how many guns will be stolen before the event so they can be sold to the city?
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Isn't this like kind of a gun auction where if there is something worth more than $100 you can make a higher offer? ;-)
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Like RPBrown I have about three that are not worth anything, but they kind of have sentimental value I guess. I have my great grandmothers .22 pistol with a set of broken pearl grips. I also have a RG 38 that my stepdad kept in his farm truck and an old single shot .22 rifle that I don’t know what relative owned it. The rifle is in excellent shape. I just wouldn’t take them over to Dallas because I am so much against it.

The only way that would work if some Mom’s of gang members would steal their guns and turn them in.

Jose_in_Dallas

Post by Jose_in_Dallas »

carlson1 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:43 pm
Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:38 pm When DeSoto did this a couple of years back, I sold them a broken single shot bolt action .22 LR for a $100 Walmart gift card. I thought I did pretty good.
You did great. I am just curious so they collect any personal information from you?
It's been a while but I do not believe so. From what I can remember, it was supposed to be anonymous, no questions asked. Now, no telling if they grabbed my license plate as i drove through.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Jose_in_Dallas wrote: Tue Oct 03, 2023 9:26 am
carlson1 wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 10:43 pm
It's been a while but I do not believe so. From what I can remember, it was supposed to be anonymous, no questions asked. Now, no telling if they grabbed my license plate as i drove through.
Or fingerprints from the gun :biggrinjester:
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

Topic author
carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Okay I am wearing rubber gloves, can’t vid mask and taking a cab.

:smilelol5:

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Competing for the good guns is a cute idea, but, what happens if you set up a table and wind up buying a few guns that are listed in the stolen gun database?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

I once had a Grendel pistol & several other pistols that were temporarily stored in a tool shed, the shed's roof leaked, 5 gallon bucket of pistols and water sat a couple years and I wish i had those now. The rust had grown such that the actions wouldn't move ... I'd trade them for Walmart gift cards if I still had those.

92f-fan

Post by 92f-fan »

200 guns will exhaust the budget - better show up early

NotRPB

Post by NotRPB »

they may get flooded with Illinois guns since all semi-autos must be registered or something starting oct 1
https://news.yahoo.com/law-requires-ill ... 26121.html

Return to “Off-Topic”