Real Man Rules

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Dan20703
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Real Man Rules

Post by Dan20703 »

I like it! I am a strong believer in this one "Act like you have been there before no matter if it’s Paris or a hurricane."
It has gotten me into places and able to do things while others stood with their mouths open.
There will always be prayer in schools as long as there are tests.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

WildBill
Posts in topic: 6

Post by WildBill »

AndyC wrote:I figured this might amuse you lot - Always buy the first round; nobody remembers who bought the second round or the last one.
:cheers2:
NRA Endowment Member

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

Amen. :tiphat:
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

Jago668
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Jago668 »

I like it.
NRA Benefactor Member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

If you are going to carry a handgun, carry it concealed. There are only a few social settings where open carry is proper and they are cookouts and barbecues, campfires and hangings. (We don’t have many hangings these days.) Never open carry in nylon, plastic or Kydex; it’s like wearing tennis shoes to a funeral. And never, ever open carry a Glock unless you are a cop. Nobody wants to see that ugly thing.
This is funny, but there are way too many personal considerations and decision points in these statements to make a real, hard and fast rule.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

oljames3 wrote:
If you are going to carry a handgun, carry it concealed. There are only a few social settings where open carry is proper and they are cookouts and barbecues, campfires and hangings. (We don’t have many hangings these days.) Never open carry in nylon, plastic or Kydex; it’s like wearing tennis shoes to a funeral. And never, ever open carry a Glock unless you are a cop. Nobody wants to see that ugly thing.
This is funny, but there are way too many personal considerations and decision points in these statements to make a real, hard and fast rule.
Very good guidelines with a few solid principles. Good stuff for the man cave wall.
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

TexasJohnBoy
Banned

Post by TexasJohnBoy »

Rules to live by.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

Skiprr

Post by Skiprr »

;-)

Only two that I have a quibble with:
Own at least one gun in .35 caliber.

Own, carry and shoot a single action revolver. If its not a Colt or Ruger it does not count.
I don't, and will probably never will, own a firearm in .35 Remington. Don't plan on buying a 336 Marlin anytime soon. Or a Thompson single-shot in that caliber.

Own and learn to shoot a single-action revolver I get. But carry? I won't carry anything that's single-action other than a fixed-blade knife.

I'll add a few:
  • Trigger-finger discipline...even if you're just picking up a bottle of Windex. You immediately know a great deal about a man who keeps his index finger straight and disengaged near anything that even remotely looks like a trigger.
  • If you carry, always carry a spare mag or speed loader. Two is one; one is none.
  • If you have to look-up YouTube videos to help you field-strip and clean your AR15, turn in your man card. What? You don't have an AR15?
  • Own at least one firearm in each of the most prevalent NATO chamberings: 5.56mm, 9mm, and 7.62 NATO.
  • Own SnapCaps. Use them. If you carry, dry-fire practice every day, even for just a few minutes. You need hundreds of hours of perfect practice to develop unconscious competence. And it's a diminishable skill.
  • Regularly, repeatedly, and with intent, pick up something heavy. When the cashier at the grocery store asks, "Would like help to your car with that?" you know you're in trouble.
  • Ignore fashion. Either shave every day or grow a beard. Patchy peach fuzz or two-day growth is becoming on no one. (How did this ever become a thing?)
  • Make eye contact, and when you shake hands always exert two pounds more pressure than the other person. No more, no less.
  • Endeavor first to become a better listener, a better speaker second.
Join the NRA or upgrade your membership today. Support the Texas Firearms Coalition and subscribe to the Podcast.
I’ve contacted my State Rep, Gary Elkins, about co-sponsoring HB560. Have you contacted your Rep?
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

Awesome, THANKS!

I might consider adding:

o Know to to tie a real tie
o know how to change a flat tire and replace a dead battery
(I thought about know how to bleed your brakes, but didn't want to be over the top!)
o Know how to hook up, load, and haul a trailer, including backing up (what, you don't have a trailer?)
o Know how to dock a boat safely in a following sea
o Know how to field strip and clean / lube all of your firearms
o Know how to make correct decisions without all the data
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

OldCurlyWolf

Post by OldCurlyWolf »

Bitter Clinger wrote:Awesome, THANKS!

I might consider adding:

(I thought about know how to bleed your brakes, but didn't want to be over the top!)
o Know how to hook up, load, and haul a trailer, including backing up (what, you don't have a trailer?)
The majority of us do not live on a coast. Seamanship is not necessary.
:evil2:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

Bitter Clinger
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Bitter Clinger »

OldCurlyWolf wrote:
Bitter Clinger wrote:Awesome, THANKS!

I might consider adding:

The majority of us do not live on a coast. Seamanship is not necessary.
:evil2:
A "following sea" refers to a wave direction that matches the heading of the boat. :tiphat:
"You may all go to H3ll, and I will go to Texas." - Davy Crockett
"Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything." - Wyatt Earp
NRA Life Member
לעולם לא תשכח

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Nice. I might burn a few of these on a piece of old barn wood and nail it to my house.
III

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Les Miles wrote:Dumb list. Real men aren't followers. They make their own rules
There are qualities that distinguish real men from the rest of the males in society. These qualities are taught to sons by real men. In today's society there is a huge segment of males who have no idea about what it means to be a real man and this is indicated by the vast number of single mothers and young males who prey on the innocent and helpless. A lot of the qualities that distinguish real men are exhibited by those who do what we do here which is respect one another and obey the law.

:tiphat:
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Rvrrat14

Post by Rvrrat14 »

Close enough!

Return to “Off-Topic”