CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9594
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#1

Post by philip964 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:58 am


User avatar

flintknapper
Banned
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4962
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:40 pm
Location: Deep East Texas

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#2

Post by flintknapper » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:15 am

philip964 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:58 am
https://gazette.com/news/immigrant-advo ... eb175.html

Irony.

RIP
And maybe a little Karma.
Spartans ask not how many, but where!


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1751
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#3

Post by TreyHouston » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:17 am

Has to raise money because the illegal didn’t have insurance. Welcome to the rest of us! :roll:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 7156
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#4

Post by ELB » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:49 am

The thread title seems not to be correct.

From the article:
Investigators do not suspect that drugs, alcohol or excessive speed contributed to the crash, Cutler said.
The miscreant does apparently have a previous drunk driving arrest. Wonder of wonders, that didn't get him deported.

It's a shame for Buchanan's family that this happened, but this is exactly why illegals should not be running around loose.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.


Grayling813
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 492
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:18 am

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#5

Post by Grayling813 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 am

TreyHouston wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:17 am
Has to raise money because the illegal didn’t have insurance. Welcome to the rest of us! :roll:
Why are others encouraged to raise money for the family’s future? It was the responsibility of the husband to ensure his family would be financially secure in the event of his premature death.

The “I didn’t adequately prepare my family for my untimely demise” fund has reached over $111,000.
The funds from this gofundme will be for Sean's beautiful family as they adjust to a life without Sean in it, including funeral costs, daily expenses, counseling and outdoor play equipment for the kids which has been shown to help the parasympathetic nervous system.
Let’s buy the kids a swingset, that will help them get over the loss of their father.

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 7156
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#6

Post by ELB » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:15 am

Grayling813 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 am
...Why are others encouraged to raise money for the family’s future? It was the responsibility of the husband to ensure his family would be financially secure in the event of his premature death.

...
Hey, he was too busy trying to bring in more illegals for the rest of us to support. Maybe Bernie the millionaire can kick in a couple bucks.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 17518
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#7

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:08 pm

Grayling813 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:59 am
TreyHouston wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:17 am
Has to raise money because the illegal didn’t have insurance. Welcome to the rest of us! :roll:
Why are others encouraged to raise money for the family’s future? It was the responsibility of the husband to ensure his family would be financially secure in the event of his premature death.

The “I didn’t adequately prepare my family for my untimely demise” fund has reached over $111,000.
The funds from this gofundme will be for Sean's beautiful family as they adjust to a life without Sean in it, including funeral costs, daily expenses, counseling and outdoor play equipment for the kids which has been shown to help the parasympathetic nervous system.
Let’s buy the kids a swingset, that will help them get over the loss of their father.
I agree with a man taking precautions to protect his family in the event of his untimely death, but what's it to you if people donate? How people spend their money is absolutely none of your business.

Chas.


Rob72
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:08 am
Location: Gulf Coast

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#8

Post by Rob72 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:16 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:08 pm


I agree with a man taking precautions to protect his family in the event of his untimely death, but what's it to you if people donate? How people spend their money is absolutely none of your business.

Chas.
Sir, in general, it is none of our (collective) business in any way whatsoever; however, in context, it is as much our business now as it was for Britain questioning fund raising for the Sean Finn Widows' fund in NYC, in the '70s and '80s. I don't agree with the man's politics, that is irrelevant. If ANY of the money goes to further, "support the cause he believed in...," it is funding insurrection.

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 7156
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#9

Post by ELB » Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:39 pm

Publicly begging on the internet pretty much makes it everyone's business. Including the moral value of donating.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9594
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#10

Post by philip964 » Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:24 pm

ELB wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:49 am
The thread title seems not to be correct.

From the article:
Investigators do not suspect that drugs, alcohol or excessive speed contributed to the crash, Cutler said.
The miscreant does apparently have a previous drunk driving arrest. Wonder of wonders, that didn't get him deported.

It's a shame for Buchanan's family that this happened, but this is exactly why illegals should not be running around loose.
I read elsewhere his ex girlfriend said he was abusive and a drunk. I was giving him the benefit of the doubt that he didn’t do it on purpose.

But I see the DA said it was a driving error, and drugs and alcohol were not involved.

It’s ok if I don’t believe it?

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 17518
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#11

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:12 pm

Rob72 wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 1:16 pm
Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:08 pm


I agree with a man taking precautions to protect his family in the event of his untimely death, but what's it to you if people donate? How people spend their money is absolutely none of your business.

Chas.
Sir, in general, it is none of our (collective) business in any way whatsoever; however, in context, it is as much our business now as it was for Britain questioning fund raising for the Sean Finn Widows' fund in NYC, in the '70s and '80s. I don't agree with the man's politics, that is irrelevant. If ANY of the money goes to further, "support the cause he believed in...," it is funding insurrection.
A man died and someone wanted to help his family. People donated because they too want to help his family. There's no indication that any of of the donated money is going to a political cause. The Sean Finn situation is not remotely close to this one.

Chas.

User avatar

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 17518
Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2004 9:31 pm
Location: Friendswood, TX
Contact:

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#12

Post by Charles L. Cotton » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:17 pm

ELB wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:39 pm
Publicly begging on the internet pretty much makes it everyone's business. Including the moral value of donating.
Not hardly! You don't like it, so in your book that makes it "everyone's business." I haven't seen any complaining about FoFundMe accounts for the families of slain LEO's or soldiers. Nor have I seen any complaining about such accounts for veteran's losing their homes. Once again, selective outrage is ugly regardless where you fall on the political spectrum.

Chas.


flechero
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2675
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Central Texas

The irony is rich, however...

#13

Post by flechero » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:36 pm

I'll stop at this:

it's a great lesson and reminder to the young or unprepared to have life insurance or a well funded alternative to care for your family in case of an early demise. Once you marry you are obligated to provide for wife and eventual family.
:tiphat:


cirus
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#14

Post by cirus » Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:56 pm

He was taken out by the same people he defends who enter out country illegally. :roll: I have no sympathy for him but I do for his family.

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 7156
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: CO: Sean Buchanan killed by drunk driver

#15

Post by ELB » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:51 am

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 4:17 pm
ELB wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:39 pm
Publicly begging on the internet pretty much makes it everyone's business. Including the moral value of donating.
Not hardly! You don't like it, so in your book that makes it "everyone's business." I haven't seen any complaining about FoFundMe accounts for the families of slain LEO's or soldiers. Nor have I seen any complaining about such accounts for veteran's losing their homes. Once again, selective outrage is ugly regardless where you fall on the political spectrum.

Chas.
Yes, hardly. Putting it out in public does make it everyone's business, whether "in your book" you like it or not. That's the POINT of a GoFundMe. (And let me say "I haven't seen..." is a... shall we say.. very weak argument.) For the record, I am not a fan of these types of GoFundMe-because-I-didn't-make-preparations campaigns. I served in the military too, and I make sure I have funds for my wife and my home. You take on responsibilities, you need to be responsible. You know you are going to die, that is a 100% certainty, you just don't know when.

I have contributed to exactly one personal GoFundMe, set up by a cop on the behalf of the woman who came to the aid of another cop who was sued for her trouble. Most homeowner's insurance will not include intentional acts, like shooting someone in self-defense, and the alleged self-defense "insurance" plans that exist are relatively untested. That fact that a self-defense/defense of others situation happened at all is, for the individual, relatively unlikely, unlike death. I contributed for the practical political/legal precedent -- i.e. legal challenges by miscreants should not go unanswered -- than for the benefit of the woman. You yourself have stated such suits are rare, and I want to keep them that way. I don't want points to go on the board because some gal didn't have the bucks for a lawyer.

That is family has to go out and do a GoFundMe should serve as a lesson to every other head of household. If I knew them personally, based on that relationship I might kick in some $$ anyway. Lord knows I have given $$$ to people I personally know (without the benefit of a GoFundMe campaign) because they were in a jam, in all likelihood because of their own poor decisions, because of those personal relationships and because they were at least trying to do the right thing in other spheres. I have also declined to contribute $$$ to them when they continued to do dumb stuff.

The fact that the dead guy in question was actively engaged in policies highly damaging to our country and yet didn't provide for his family makes this particular instance all the worse. If you want to give them some bucks, go right ahead. I will still point out that he did this to his family, and that is not admirable. They put it in the public domain and that makes it worthy of comment. That is true, not only "in my book."
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”