Gun Control Laws Backfiring in California

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grayling813
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Grayling813 »

COMMENTARY By John R. Lott Jr.
https://www.realclearwire.com/articles/ ... 48811.html
After the three public shootings over the last two weekends in California, Democrats are again clamoring for even more gun control laws. To California Gov. Gavin Newsom, the solution is to ban more places where people can carry permitted concealed handguns. Unfortunately, the proposal has nothing to do with stopping these attacks, and more gun-free zones only encourage these attacks. Other heavily Democratic states such as New York, New Jersey, and Maryland are making similar pushes.

Concealed handgun permit holders didn’t commit those or other mass public shootings. Permit holders are also extremely law-abiding, being convicted of firearms-related violations at 1/12th the rate of police officers.

With the country’s strictest gun control laws, California probably shouldn’t hold itself out as a model for the rest of the country to follow.
Take school shootings: Twenty states, with thousands of schools, have armed teachers and staff. There has not been one attack at any of these schools during school hours since at least 2000 where anyone has been killed or wounded. All the attacks where people have been killed or wounded occurred in schools where teachers and staff can’t have guns.
:tiphat: to John Lott once again for driving the stake through Gun Control Inc's heart.

puma guy

Re: Gun Control Laws Backfiring in California

Post by puma guy »

It's sad that a state with a history a little bit like Texas for gaining independence could diverge from the spirit of the settlers and Mountain Men who began the road to freedom from Mexico so long ago. They even paid homage to Texas by having a single red star with the crudely painted grizzly on a white sheet for a flag.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

chasfm11

Re: Gun Control Laws Backfiring in California

Post by chasfm11 »

We are past the point where any logical argument or set of facts, no matter how clear and well presented, is going to change anything on any subject that the Gavin Newsome's of the world pick. It wouldn't batter if there were a mass shooting every week in every California city. The agenda is the agenda and events either bolster that agenda or they are ignored.

I can here the one world response to Lott's article from the Bloomberg/anti-gun crowd. It is Uvalde. And there is truth in that. It takes more than guns to make the public safer. It takes people who care about their fellow citizens who are not legally afraid to act. It isn't just the banning of guns, it is the trial of Rittenhouse and others for attempting to use them. My guess is that much of California is beyond caring about anyone but themselves and has been convinced that any attempt to thwart criminal behavior even in personal safety situations will receive swift retaliatory justice.. California is indeed the model for the rest of the country. It is the model of compliance and subservience - which is why the population attrition is happening at the rate that it is. Newsome is getting rid of the malcontents. Oakland is where the rest of the State is headed. .
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”