His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 26

Re: His full Name is: Willard Mitt Romney

Post by Jim Beaux »

anygunanywhere wrote:Everyone, no matter what their income level, should pay taxes if they work and have income.

I do not propose fixing stupid since that is not possible. I do want to stop rewarding stupid.

No longer rewarding stupid will stop enabling the perpetual welfare state.

Anygunanywhere

I agree. Anyone who votes must have a vested interest in our country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vested_interest
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Dave2 wrote:
anygunanywhere wrote:Everyone, no matter what their income level, should pay taxes if they work and have income.

I do not propose fixing stupid since that is not possible. I do want to stop rewarding stupid.

No longer rewarding stupid will stop enabling the perpetual welfare state.

Anygunanywhere
I agree, but I don't think enough people see it like this for us to have much of a chance of getting it through.
I read this yesterday.
Survey: 79 Percent Say All Americans Should Pay Taxes
http://www.newsroomamerica.com/story/305102.html
~Unknown

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 91

Post by The Annoyed Man »

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/new ... -oh/nRDqC/
1 million Ohioans using free phone program
Posted: 3:52 p.m. Friday, Aug. 17, 2012
Fees on phone bills pay for $1.5 billion national Lifeline program
By Josh Sweigart
Staff Writer
A program that provides subsidized phone service to low-income individuals has nearly doubled in size in Ohio in the past year — now covering more than a million people.
So democrats have been buying votes in Ohio for at least a year now....... Is anybody surprised at just how corrupt and criminal the democrat party is? Why aren't every single one of their leadership in jail?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

tbrown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by tbrown »

The Annoyed Man wrote:So democrats have been buying votes in Ohio for at least a year now....... Is anybody surprised at just how corrupt and criminal the democrat party is? Why aren't every single one of their leadership in jail?
Except for Holder and his boss, it's not like they helped kill anybody.
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

2farnorth
Posts in topic: 2

Post by 2farnorth »

I've been watching my spam folder and see 3 or 4 daily emails offering "free" cell phones. Sure is disgusting.
N5PNZ

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Beiruty »

For all those who think that there is something called a FREE give away, soon the US will default for the second time. US would bankrupt for good. US federal debt is worse than in Spain and Greece. When you cut the freebies, Greek-style riots would hit the fan. Are you ready, Mr. President Obama?
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

tacticool
Posts in topic: 1

Post by tacticool »

By definition, a flat tax doesn't exempt any income. It's past due for everyone living in the USA to pay their share.

The advantages to a national sales tax replacing the individual income tax are less opportunity to cheat, reduced paperwork for individuals, no exemptions for illegal aliens and others working off the books, less opportunity to cheat, and everyone pays their fair share no matter how many kids, wives, homes, or other loopholes they claim.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

fickman

Post by fickman »

tacticool wrote:The advantages to a national sales tax replacing the individual income tax are less opportunity to cheat, reduced paperwork for individuals, no exemptions for illegal aliens and others working off the books, less opportunity to cheat, and everyone pays their fair share no matter how many kids, wives, homes, or other loopholes they claim.
I've been touting this for years.

Our current system is a tax on productivity, not wealth. If a billionaire just sits on their money without investment, they can pay zero taxes for as long as they want. They only owe something if they choose to be productive with their money. The current system discourages productivity.

A sales tax would (slightly) discourage consumption. Economists might be scared of that in the short term, but it'd be a nice change. First, those who consume the most pay the most. You can ride out your fortune and hide. Second, you could still make such a tax progressive if you want by declaring luxury rates for certain classifications of good and keeping basic staples tax free. Third, Americans (at the individual and family level) would benefit in the long term if our system discouraged (if it actually did) consumption and encouraged savings.

We need to remove all impediments to productivity.
Native Texian

Jim Beaux

Post by Jim Beaux »

Something to consider; as one of the healthiest economies in the U.S., and among the top 10 largest worldwide (havent checked since obama), Texas does not have an income tax.
~Unknown

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 77

Post by RoyGBiv »

Just another travesty... We are the ONLY country I've ever visited (I've been to MANY) that encourages (not just allows, but ENCOURAGES) immigrants to go on government assistance. Most places don't allow you in if you're not capable of providing for yourself and your family.

This is not a Red or Blue issue.... This is a Red, White and Blue issue. Guilt lies on both sides.
Hopefully President Romney will bring some sanity to this problem.
Session, the ranking Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, raised concerns in July about the initiative being intended to increase food stamp enrollment among citizens and non-citizens immigrants, and about it perhaps ignoring the “sound principle” of U.S. immigration policy -- that people coming into the United States should not have to rely on U.S. government support.

This summer, the Agriculture Department removed from its website a series of Spanish-language radio ads that featured one character being pressured to go on food stamps. The agency said the public-service announcements were posted roughly four years ago and some of the content failed to meet the standards of “appropriate outreach.”

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10 ... awareness/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

canvasbck

Post by canvasbck »

tacticool wrote:

The advantages to a national sales tax replacing the individual income tax are less opportunity to cheat, reduced paperwork for individuals, no exemptions for illegal aliens and others working off the books, less opportunity to cheat, and everyone pays their fair share no matter how many kids, wives, homes, or other loopholes they claim.
:iagree: THIS!

When someone comes up with another plan that forces drug dealers, prostitutes, illegal aliens, and others who are earning money "off the books" then I will support it.

You want freebies? Then quit hiding your real income and pay your fair share. The national sales tax (Faritax) does that.

[/thread derail]
"All bleeding eventually stops.......quit whining!"

Dave2
Posts in topic: 18

Post by Dave2 »

fickman wrote:Second, you could still make such a tax progressive if you want by declaring luxury rates for certain classifications of good and keeping basic staples tax free.
We already do that... Non-prepared food isn't taxed. All you'd have to do is tack on a federal sales tax to the existing system.

Luxury taxes are generally a bad idea... We had one for a while under Bush Sr. and the result was no airplanes, no revenue, no jobs.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Jaguar »

george wrote:We will never ever get a flat tax, because the guv'ment likes the power that comes with our present system. They can manipulate our actions and lives with the present tax code. For instance, you want people to eat more corn? They just give people a tax break for buying corn. You want to promote electric cars? Just give people a tax break to buy one. Etc. They wield too much power with the present system, and they would lose that with a fair tax system.
:iagree: EXACTLY

I would like to add, the lobbyists and the congress critters they service are the ones who profit most under the current system, and have the most to lose with the Fair Tax.

Imagine a system that cannot be finagled to create winners and losers, help and punishment, favors and retribution, all at the whim of congress critters slinking their way to the lobbyists. All items are taxed the same, no matter who lives in what state, pressure from imports, crop failures, or the brother-in-law effect.

I would like to see it, it would make April 15th another beautiful spring day instead of the day of dread for millions of people. But getting those in power to loosen their grip and give up the perks the lobbyists offer for a “small tweak” in the codes, I don’t see it happening. :banghead:
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

I wish Romney had plans to fix these problems instead of making them worse, albeit probably more slowly than Obama. The next decade is shaping up to be an economic disaster without extreme budget cuts that nobody in the establishment has the backbone to do.

Good luck America. I got mine.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”