No gun owners in the Obama Administration

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RetiredE9
Posts in topic: 1

No gun owners in the Obama Administration

Post by RetiredE9 »

White House Job Application

The final question is the most insidious:
"Provide any other information, including information about other members of your family, that could … be a possible source of embarrassment to you, your family or the President-elect."
Who doesn't have someone in their family who embarrass the rest of the family by simply being a member of their family?

In my family we have such a person; it's usually me. :lol:

Tucked in at the end of the questionnaire and listed under “Miscellaneous,” a question reads:
“Do you or any members of your immediate family own a gun? If so, provide complete ownership and registration information. Has the registration ever lapsed? Please also describe how and by whom it is used and whether it has been the cause of any personal injuries or property damage.”
Oh, Oh, no gun owners….things are looking up for DC muggers!!!!!

Seriously, though Gun ownership is a constitutional right. Would employment discrimination on that basis be illegal?

It certainly exposes a sense of how the man who will swear to protect and defend the Constitution plans on doing for the entire Constitution.

BTW, what is "registration information"??? I have more than one gun (rifles/shotguns/pistols) and as far as I know NONE of them are "registered" anywhere in the U.S. Or am I missing something?
I'd rather be lucky than good

Dragonfighter

Re: No gun owners in the Obama Administration

Post by Dragonfighter »

Some states require the registration of firearms in order to own them...much less carry. No such thing exists in Texas and no federal registry exists...yet.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

No guns? Does that include fedcops?
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Thread already going here http://www.texasshooting.com/TexasCHL_F ... &sk=t&sd=a" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”