Anyone seen any recent DC crime stats since Heller?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
atxgun
Posts in topic: 2

Anyone seen any recent DC crime stats since Heller?

Post by atxgun »

Ever since the SCOTUS Heller case I've been dying to find up updated crime stats in the area. I wasn't able to readily pull up anything on google tonight. Has anyone else looked into this? Or is it too soon to expect any measurable difference?

Pinkycatcher

Re: Anyone seen any recent DC crime stats since Heller?

Post by Pinkycatcher »

It won't matter, I bet you there are few enough legal gun owners you can count them on your hands.

Topic author
atxgun

Post by atxgun »

Pinkycatcher wrote:It won't matter, I bet you there are few enough legal gun owners you can count them on your hands.
Gun sales increases was one of the stats I was hoping to find. Aside from that the theory being criminals would be less likely to strike in an area that isn't a "gun free zone".

Edit: gun sales increases in that area, not attributed to obamamania

barres
Posts in topic: 1

Post by barres »

Crime statistics are done on an annual basis, so they probably aren't out since the Heller decision, and would include a large portion or time pre-Heller, as well. You'll have to wait another year to get a full year of crime statistics that are post-Heller.

Then you get into the meat of the arguments. When did the Heller decision impact legal gun ownership in DC? How long before DC citizens have usable home- and self- defense firearms available to them to impact the crime stats? Will there be any impact by the Heller decision before any counter-impact by the BamBam administration's policies?
Remember, in a life-or-death situation, when seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Barre

Pinkycatcher

Post by Pinkycatcher »

atxgun wrote:
Pinkycatcher wrote:It won't matter, I bet you there are few enough legal gun owners you can count them on your hands.
Gun sales increases was one of the stats I was hoping to find. Aside from that the theory being criminals would be less likely to strike in an area that isn't a "gun free zone".

Edit: gun sales increases in that area, not attributed to obamamania
They increased an infinite percent, going from 0 to 1 sale a year is an infinite percent, with that said, everything is funneled through one FFL, so it's not going to be any amount enough to actually make a difference.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”