Chicago Gun Ban

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
da Packer backer
Posts in topic: 1

Chicago Gun Ban

Post by da Packer backer »

It appears that Mayor Richard {Guns are bad} Daley is looking for ways to "beef up gun laws". He's holding a conference to to strenghen gun laws and is inviting victims families to speak and give there views on guns. Why he doesn't invite people who have successfully saved their lives by legally carrying a weapon to give the other side of the story? Here's the link to the story: http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clo ... old-g.html

longtooth

Re: Chicago Gun Ban

Post by longtooth »

He would have those folks thrown out. :banghead:
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

seamusTX

Post by seamusTX »

If you want to understand the situation, Mayor Daley has backed himself into a corner and can't admit that he is wrong. He will defend his position and ignore all evidence to the contrary.

I have never met the man, but that is the impression I have. He is a closed-minded type A personality.

I just hope for the sake of his family that he doesn't have a stroke when he loses in the Supreme Court. :blowup

- Jim

boomerang

Post by boomerang »

It seems the only way Chicago gun laws could be stricter is if they ban guns for the police too.

Thinking about some recent news reports coming out of Illinois maybe that's not such a bad idea.
"Ees gun! Ees not safe!"

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”