How we will lose our rights

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Tmac
Posts in topic: 1

How we will lose our rights

Post by Tmac »

It finally hit me this morning just how the government will take our guns. Today the tax on cigarettes increased by $.65 a pack. This didn't bother me because I don't smoke and the government told us that the increased tax would convince people to quit smoking. Everyone would be healthier and nobody gets harmed. Now today I hear the same government officials talking about how much revenue would be collected by smokers paying an extra tax. That's exactly how they will get to us!!!

The government will propose an extra tax on ammo, and probably firearms as well. The masses who do not shoot will see nothing wrong with an extra tax. They are not shooters and gun owners, and they believe none of us should own guns, so yes, tax those red neck, gun toting, good for nothings. The sky's the limit, tax, tax away!!!!

Many of the shooting public will resent being taxed on ammo and prefer to buy food instead. If you can't afford the ammo, there is no sense in having the guns around. Besides, the government will be offering enticements in the form of buy back programs so you may rid yourselves of those terrible guns and the officials will pay you for doing so. Now you have fewer gun owners and more people (or sheeple) which will make it that much easier to ban firearms in this country for all but the criminals.

And to think, it all started with a simple tax on cigarettes. :banghead:

TexasAggie

Re: How we will lose our rights

Post by TexasAggie »

:iagree:

You are more than likely correct on how this will all "go down."

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

If you will remember history right it all started w/ a tax on tea.
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

longtooth wrote:If you will remember history right it all started w/ a tax on tea.
And as I recall, that didn't work out so well for the folks imposing the tax, did it? :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

nitrogen

Post by nitrogen »

longtooth wrote:If you will remember history right it all started w/ a tax on tea.
More importantly, it started with taxes imposed on a colony that had no representation in the government imposing the taxes.
.השואה... לעולם לא עוד
Holocaust... Never Again.
Some people create their own storms and get upset when it rains.
--anonymous

txmatt

Post by txmatt »

perhaps a better example than the cigarette tax increase that was just implemented was the rolling tobacco tax increase of around 2100%. Kind of dwarfs that ~100% cigarette tax hike doesn't it? Basically some interests (I'm pretty sure I know who and why) decided they didn't want people rolling their own cigarettes and decided to tax it into oblivion (now taxed at roughly twice the rate of manufactured cigarettes and ten times the rate of loose pipe tobacco.) Obama signed this a week or two into office after being elected on his campaign promise of no new taxes for those making under 250k.

Yes this is how the federal government controls us and this is how they will mollify us before the final push to ban all guns.

tfrazier

Post by tfrazier »

Smokers have no lobbying organization to go to bat for them (by the way, I'm quitting smoking tommorow, not because the government wants me to, but because the government wants me to pay these exhorbitant taxes). We, however, have the NRA and TSRA fighting to keep our rights and opposing additional taxes on guns and ammo.

Join if you haven't already, and if you have, do your part to promote "Project One Million: Texas".

casingpoint

Post by casingpoint »

The administration can put just so much pressure on the ammunition industry before a reduction in volume affects major military suppliers.

zachgry

Post by zachgry »

Your right on the tax but i believe that its only one of the methods that is coming and thats why we need to stick together and stand up for not only what we beleive in but what has been guaranteed to us by the second amendment. See i am 33 and have grown up around hunting and guns but i never until this year got involved to try to protect my rights. For years i told myself that there were too many guns in america so i felt that the government would never be able to take them from us but then i woke up. The only good thing that we have going for us in the government is the Heller decision. The anti-gun nut-jobs argument was that the 2a was meant for state malitias and not a indavidual right. Now after the 2a decision they cant claim that anymore so the argument has shifted to more control. ............Dont set by like i did for so many years thinking that they wont take your guns. This is the time for everyone that believes in the 2a to stand up and get involved. Talk with all your friends and family and get them involved as well also the NRA is offering a one year free trail membership. If you know anyone 18 years or older and is not a member of the NRA then get them to signed up. Wether you like or dislike the NRA the more people we get the louder the voice we will have. Also we can vote,vote,vote... start keeping track of pro and antigun lawmakers and this next election when you go to vote call your friends and family members and get them to come along. Thats our only chance of keeping our guns safe. I believe that they are keeping a low profile on the gun issue right now due to the election next year and if the democrats maintains the majority after the election then all bets are off.... Well sorry for the mini rant but we need to do more than just gripe about it we need to take action.... thx

AWB09

Post by AWB09 »

"The more you tighten your grip, Tarkin, the more star systems will slip through your fingers."
feed the hogs

jeeperbryan

Post by jeeperbryan »

i think it would be best if we just broke away as our own country. things would be so much better.

Frost

Post by Frost »

I am afraid it would take something like a tax revolt to stop the growth of government at this point.
It can happen here.

RKirby

Post by RKirby »

:thumbs2:

And we've been on the slippery slope ever since!
"Superior firepower is an invaluable tool when entering into negotiations." - G. Patton

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”