National Law Enforcement Organizations Call For Stronger Gun

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

National Law Enforcement Organizations Call For Stronger Gun

Post by RPB »

National Law Enforcement Organizations Call For Stronger Gun Measures In Wake Of Aurora Theater Shooting
By National Law Enforcement Partnership to Prevent Gun Violence
Published: Wednesday, Jul. 25, 2012 - 5:12 pm
... and BANNING HIGH-CAPACITY AMMUNITION MAGAZINES ...
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/25/466088 ... tions.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HIGH-CAPACITY means standard capacity compared to the crippled capacity ones

showing 1 comment
http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/25/466088 ... qus_thread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jared in AZ and the guy in Aurora : lives were saved by them using normal capacity (not crippled capacity) magazines WHICH JAMMED and the two NEW GUN OWNER DEMOCRATS did NOT KNOW HOW TO CLEAR A JAM ... had they used crippled capacity mags, they'd just use more mags.

Ramon Castillo and Eva, his wife of 30 years, Jewelry Store owners face-off with three armed men who were going to tie them up and shoot them in the head. Four bullets pierced Castillo's body six times because he had to run around getting 3 different "low capacity" guns to fight back.

Babyface Nelson was shot 17 times before he killed the 2 agents that shot him, then he went home. (Only to die later that evening)Read the headline twice, think about it:Angel Alvarez, hit 23 times in Harlem shootout with cops, held without bail on weapons charges

How many bullets do I need?Are you an elderly disabled handicapped person who has been held hostage twice, once by two armed men, another time by 5 armed men? No? Then I'm a better judge of that than you are, dontcha think?I know the kids in the Church youth group and 4-H club enjoy the "standard capacity" magazines holding 20 rounds, and also the 33 round ones. Its less safe if they are stopping and starting while we adults reload for each when it goes empty.They'd be disappointed with "reduced capacity" or "crippled capacity" magazines.

I'm handicapped, elderly and disabled, when my home is invaded by 5 home invaders, how many bullets do I need in a magazine to survive against 5 home invaders, keeping in mind I can't reload fast with only one hand which is arthritic? Especially at a time adrenaline takes control during the invasion causing my hand to shake, and I'm trying to "bob and weave and duck for cover", as fast as an old man can, (I guess I'll hit the floor, hope I don't break a hip)

Which are those "magic bullets" that are always one-shot-stops?

Where can I get "Smart Bullets" the army has, with the "built-in guidance system"so each of the bullets in reduced capacity magazine finds the exact spot on each attacker regardless of my hand shaking and them moving?

Isn't reducing elderly disabled people's magazine capacity a violation of "equal protection under the law" in favor of 4 or 5 home invaders, to the detriment of the elderly disabled person?

Who do I contact to file an Americans with Disabilities complaint against legislators trying to assure my death in my own home by causing me to call a "time out" for 5 minutes while I reload ... do robber respect "time outs" Do I have to make that "T" sign with my hands like they do in sports? I hope not, I only have 1 hand, it's arthritic and I can't do the T-sign

Can you prove a NEED and PURPOSE acceptable to everyone for the OPTIONS you WANTED in your car? Do you NEED the ice cream in your freezer? THEN why are you legislating based on me proving a need and purpose?

I suspect If people can't get hi capacity PEZ dispensers, they'll just carry more, like Charles Whitman carried more guns

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2012/07/25/466088 ... qus_thread" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;#storylink=cpy
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

RoyGBiv

Re: National Law Enforcement Organizations Call For Stronger

Post by RoyGBiv »

Even Harry knows it's not gonna happen. Not at the federal level anyway.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/07 ... -massacre/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, asked Thursday about Obama's remarks on gun control the night before, said the Senate's packed schedule precludes any action on firearms legislation. Asked if the Senate might debate the issue next year, Reid said, "Nice try."
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

AEA

Post by AEA »

Why do Cops carry guns? It's their job.

Why do we carry guns? It's our RIGHT!

What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed" cannot be understood by these idiots in Govt.? :banghead:

They all say they want "Common Sense" laws........
How about a Law requiring them to use Common Sense? :mad5
Alan - ANYTHING I write is MY OPINION only.
Certified Curmudgeon - But, my German Shepherd loves me!
NRA-Life, USN '65-'69 & '73-'79: RM1
1911's RULE!

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

This is one organization that apparently partners with several OTHER law enforcement organizations and this is just THEIR stance. Here is the makeup of their 'partnership' http://www.theiacp.org/LinkClick.aspx?f ... &tabid=391" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I take these types of propaganda postings as just that. With an organization named like theirs. what else are they going to say?
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

alvins

Post by alvins »

ill give up my guns when the police and every other law enforement agency does.

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

alvins wrote:ill give up my guns when the police and every other law enforement agency does.
I wouldn't even then. From my cold dead fingers . . . .
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

psijac

Post by psijac »

Gun control is political suicide. They learned that in 94
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

45 4 life

Post by 45 4 life »

psijac wrote:Gun control is political suicide. They learned that in 94
Do you really think this bunch we are dealing with today has any learnings from 1994. I don't.
Don't Confuse the Issues With the Facts

EconDoc

Post by EconDoc »

I notice that several of the organizations are composed of Chiefs of Police. One basic thing to remember about a Chief is that the Chief must be a politician first and a cop second. The reason is that police chiefs are not normally covered by civil service because they are top management. They normally serve at the pleasure of the city mayor and city council (i.e., politicians). A chief who is a cop first will likely lose the job pretty quickly unless he/she toes the politicial line of the council and mayor who have ultimate authority to hire and fire a chief.

:patriot: :txflag:
Sauron lives and his orc minions are on the march. Free people own guns.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”