In n Out Burger VS Whataburger

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Which is better?

In n Out
15%
Whataburger
85%

Total votes: 135

big454
Posts in topic: 3

Re: In n Out Burger VS Whataburger

Post by big454 »

Just for the record, Whataburger is not considered a fast food joint. Or better said they don't consider themselves a fast food joint. As the meat is never prepped until the order is placed. The patties are never frozen.
Ignorance is rampant in this part of Texas. I managed to shake it off and I am a firm believer of 2nd Amendment rights

PriestTheRunner
Posts in topic: 1

Post by PriestTheRunner »

Richbirdhunter wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:32 am I’ll only drive thru whataburger since they don’t believe in OC, I don’t OC myself but I believe in the right to do it. The popular Texas restaurant chain Whataburger announced it will not allow customers to openly carry guns in their restaurants, despite a new law signed by Governor Greg Abbott in June. ... The law takes effect in January, but property owners can decide whether to prohibit open carry on their property.

IN & OUT on the other hand is a Christian owned company that allows CC or OC at their Texas locations. 9 times out of 10 I’ll choose a double double animal style with a strawberry milkshake.
I've been to about 30 different Whataburgers and never seen a 30.07. If you are going to make accusations about management / leadership positions, please post an article instead of just 'they said ___'...

oohrah
Posts in topic: 2

Post by oohrah »

None of the chains can hold a candle to local homemade style burger joints. In Waco, we have (in no particular order) some of the best burgers you will ever put in your mouth: Double-R, Cupps, Capt.Billy Whizbang, Tom's. You probalby have one of these places near you too.

I lied - you haven't lived til you've had a fresh hot off the griddle Double-R cheeseburger with mustard, mayo and the veggies.
USMC, Retired
Treating one variety of person as better or worse than others by accident of birth is morally indefensible.

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

PriestTheRunner wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:38 am
Richbirdhunter wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:32 am I’ll only drive thru whataburger since they don’t believe in OC, I don’t OC myself but I believe in the right to do it. The popular Texas restaurant chain Whataburger announced it will not allow customers to openly carry guns in their restaurants, despite a new law signed by Governor Greg Abbott in June. ... The law takes effect in January, but property owners can decide whether to prohibit open carry on their property.

IN & OUT on the other hand is a Christian owned company that allows CC or OC at their Texas locations. 9 times out of 10 I’ll choose a double double animal style with a strawberry milkshake.
I've been to about 30 different Whataburgers and never seen a 30.07. If you are going to make accusations about management / leadership positions, please post an article instead of just 'they said ___'...
They made the announcement they would notify people individually and would not post 30.07 signs. This issue has been discussed on here extensively and so has the best burger debate.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

rtschl

Post by rtschl »

For a fast food burger, I do like In N Out better than Whataburger. The selection of their meat is why. But Whatburger fries are one of the best.

My fast food burger ranking...

Braums
Wendy's
In N Out
Whataburger - But rank is higher when they're selling their A1.
Burger King
Ron
NRA Member

G26ster
Posts in topic: 4

Post by G26ster »

oohrah wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 11:45 am

I lied - you haven't lived til you've had a fresh hot off the griddle Double-R cheeseburger with mustard, mayo and the veggies.
Of course it's all a matter of personal taste, but I always wondered why folks put mustard and mayo on ground beef, but not on a good steak. Of course, being raised in the NE, I recall at a burger joint in Colorado back in the early '60s I asked for a burger with no mustard and mayo, the counter person said, "so you want that dry?" I replied, "no, i'd like it nice and juiicy." Cuture shock :shock: :biggrinjester:

nimravus01

Post by nimravus01 »

They put an In-n-Out in Killeen a couple years ago. Being situated next to the largest Army base in the US, it was a big deal. Mostly by soldiers who were either from, or had been stationed in, California. I Have tried it on a few occasions and still don't get the hype. I just don't like the taste of the burger or the fries. I prefer Whataburger still.

LDB415

Post by LDB415 »

Between the two it's pretty even. If you like WB catsup that can make a difference. I think 5G makes a better burger but it's definitely a step up in price.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

Abraham
Posts in topic: 13

Post by Abraham »

Fast fast, meaning mediocre food debated.

Well...ok.

If I'm on the w. coast and the minimum wage is $15.00 an hour, I assume the menu cost to reflect it.

If I'm to spend the same amount a sit down meal would cost me, why on earth would I bother with your meager fare?

If the sit down meal is mediocre, I can grab a tin of sardines, (or whatever) some crackers and a coca cola.

I'm not beholden to leftist payment plans.

Fast food is supposed to be fast, inexpensive and not me paying a living wage for some loser.

What to do: Quit using fast food joints. Let em die...

BBYC
Posts in topic: 6

Post by BBYC »

gtolbert09 wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 7:27 am Five Guys was named best in the US
I first had Five Guys in the DC area 10+ years ago and thought it was very good. I went several times over the years as my travels brought me to No.VA. The ones in Houston pale in comparison.

Whataburger is adequate but not what I remember from my teen years. I'm not sure if they changed or my taste buds did.

I never tried In n Out. Did they finally expand to Texas?
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

J.R.@A&M

Post by J.R.@A&M »

It is a moot question when you're driving through Refugio or some such place. I generally only eat burgers while on road trips.
“Always liked me a sidearm with some heft.” Boss Spearman in Open Range.

BBYC
Posts in topic: 6

Post by BBYC »

J.R.@A&M wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:15 pm It is a moot question when you're driving through Refugio or some such place.
:iagree: Skip the burgers and go for the barbacoa.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 12

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I’m an In ‘N Out guy. We had whataburger for dinner a few nights ago because that’s what my son went out for. Barely consumable, and the fries were bleh. Whataburgers are a little bigger, but they are a greasy sloppy mess served on a soggy bun. In ‘N Out is a decent wholesome burger. No, its not as big, but I think its a whole lot better for you.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Steamboat

Post by Steamboat »

Because of my ongoing diet I do not eat a lot of burgers now. We have a very small burger place in Waxahachie that makes burgers on a 100+ year old flat top. They are small but packed with so much flavor. That kind of flavor is hard to replicate with today's fast food restaurants.
"Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there." — Will Rogers

bblhd672
Posts in topic: 5

Post by bblhd672 »

Steamboat wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 1:23 pm Because of my ongoing diet I do not eat a lot of burgers now. We have a very small burger place in Waxahachie that makes burgers on a 100+ year old flat top. They are small but packed with so much flavor. That kind of flavor is hard to replicate with today's fast food restaurants.
Pop’s? The wife and I have driven from Arlington to Waxahachie for Pop’s burgers.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager

Return to “Off-Topic”