Today in Trump's new term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 156
Posts: 9178
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1966

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:01 pm

philbo wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:55 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:22 pm
Harley was simply using the tariff issue to try and explain away it's crappy numbers. As said above, no tariffs have taken place yet.

Second. If Harley sells out it's country, they will soon find themselves sucking air. Harley riders are true Americans and the VAST majority are MAGA.

Third. The United States has become the trade doofus of the world under prior swamp creatures. It is high time the world quit walking all over us. If fair trade was truly what they wanted, everyone would have zero tariffs and allow market forces to decide. But that is not the goal now is it, LIberals? The goal is social engineering through financial incentive.

The socialists are done for. Red wave gonna drown out their caterwauling soon. The good news is that rebirth after death will be quite refreshing to them. Like when the forest burns and new life sprouts up from the ashes.
The EU tariff affecting harley went into effect on June 22. At least get basic verifiable facts correct.
Whether HD was in the process or not, the timing of HD's move is certainly a result of the tariffs.
http://mohawkglobal.com/global-news/eu- ... e-june-22/
June 22 is not on the recent earnings release. LOL... At least get basic verifiable facts correct.. Why all the hate? Just go with it and enjoy the prosperity of the working man for a change.

I have to laugh that you think the move is instantaneous. Production changes of location don't just happen overnight. Excuses for them do however.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 91
Posts: 1866
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1967

Post by TreyHouston » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:11 pm

:iagree: :iagree:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1104
Posts: 11379
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1968

Post by philip964 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:23 pm

Trump gets to pick a 2nd Supreme Court Justice.

MAGA.

BTW Ginsburg is 85!


philbo
Banned
Posts in topic: 149
Posts: 555
Joined: Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:36 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1969

Post by philbo » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:25 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:22 pm
As said above, no tariffs have taken place yet.
Your statement was incorrect and is still incorrect. The us tariffs on steel and aluminum were effective June 1 and the EU tariffs were effective June 22. To go back and change the point of your argument to "June 22 is not on the recent earnings release." does not negate the fact your original statement was just plain wrong. Not wanting to admit a mistake is certainly very trump of you though. :tiphat:

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 156
Posts: 9178
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1970

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:31 pm

philbo wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:25 pm
Your statement was incorrect and is still incorrect. The us tariffs on steel and aluminum were effective June 1 and the EU tariffs were effective June 22. To go back and change the point of your argument to "June 22 is not on the recent earnings release." does not negate the fact your original statement was just plain wrong. Not wanting to admit a mistake is certainly very trump of you though. :tiphat:
My statement when left in context, is exactly correct. Nice try.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 156
Posts: 9178
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1971

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:35 pm

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/harle ... 2018-06-26

"It was probably inevitable that Harley-Davidson would plant a flag in Europe, however. Sales are slowing in the U.S. because of demographic shifts and they are growing in Europe, the company’s second-largest market. The tariffs may have simply sped up the decision by Harley to shift more production to the continent so it can be closer to its customers.

The earlier shift to Asia was undertaken for the same reason, but there’s a big difference. Countries such as China, India and Thailand have huge and unfair tariffs that force companies wanting to do business to relocate there — exactly what Trump is complaining about."

Here is the real story and exactly what I tried to explain in earlier post.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1104
Posts: 11379
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1972

Post by philip964 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:12 pm

philip964 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:23 pm
Trump gets to pick a 2nd Supreme Court Justice.

MAGA.

BTW Ginsburg is 85!
It must be hard for the other team, because we are winning so much. All they can do is scream at Trump people and supporters.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 156
Posts: 9178
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1973

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:20 pm

philip964 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:12 pm
philip964 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:23 pm
Trump gets to pick a 2nd Supreme Court Justice.

MAGA.

BTW Ginsburg is 85!
It must be hard for the other team, because we are winning so much. All they can do is scream at Trump people and supporters.
:iagree:

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 50
Posts: 7493
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1974

Post by ELB » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:08 pm

Today in Trump's new term as President, he pulled out his list of remaining SCOTUS nominee candidates...
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 253
Posts: 9008
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1975

Post by mojo84 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:43 pm

Harley and the left are just using Trump as shade for making a business decision that will be unpopular among their loyal customers.

Here's some info on India's tariffs. https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?i ... rt-Tariffs
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 156
Posts: 9178
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1976

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:54 pm

:iagree:

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 156
Posts: 9178
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1977

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:57 pm

mojo84 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:43 pm
Harley and the left are just using Trump as shade for making a business decision that will be unpopular among their loyal customers.

Here's some info on India's tariffs. https://www.privacyshield.gov/article?i ... rt-Tariffs
Nice link. Here is another that got buried earlier.
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:35 pm
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/harle ... 2018-06-26

"It was probably inevitable that Harley-Davidson would plant a flag in Europe, however. Sales are slowing in the U.S. because of demographic shifts and they are growing in Europe, the company’s second-largest market. The tariffs may have simply sped up the decision by Harley to shift more production to the continent so it can be closer to its customers.

The earlier shift to Asia was undertaken for the same reason, but there’s a big difference. Countries such as China, India and Thailand have huge and unfair tariffs that force companies wanting to do business to relocate there — exactly what Trump is complaining about."


User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 253
Posts: 9008
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1978

Post by mojo84 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:06 pm

I just wanted to provide the link I did because some that were questioning the amount of the tariffs India applies to US goods being imported and specifically motorcycles.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 156
Posts: 9178
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1979

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:11 pm

I agree with what you said earlier. It really is mind boggling that democrats fail to mention the extreme tariffs being levied on American products even before any of this started.

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 253
Posts: 9008
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#1980

Post by mojo84 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:27 pm

From Harley Davidson's website:
MANUFACTURING


USA, Missouri, Kansas City – Vehicle and Powertrain Operations. Tour information >

USA, Pennsylvania, York – Vehicle Operations. Tour information >

USA, Wisconsin, Menomonee Falls – Powertrain Operations. Tour information >

USA, Wisconsin, Tomahawk – Tomahawk Operations

Australia, Adelaide – New Castalloy

Brazil, Manaus –Harley-Davidson do Brasil Ltda Assembly Plant

India, Bawal – Harley-Davidson India Bawal Assembly Plant

Thailand, Rayong – Thailand Sales Office and Assembly Plant

It is no surprise they are opening another manufacturing location outside the US. While it is probably unpopular among their customers, it is probably a pretty shrewd business move considering many factors.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”