Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 22
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#406

Post by bblhd672 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:00 am

Las Vegas Bump Stock FOIA Claims ATF Not Allowed to Examine Weapons
https://www.ammoland.com/2018/08/las-ve ... z5OfrlapjU
ATF was “not allowed to physically examine the interior of the weapons” recovered from the Las Vegas shooter’s hotel room, a new Freedom of Information Act production by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives reveals. The baffling revelation appears on page 335 of a response sent to attorney Stephen Stamboulieh as part of an ongoing production of documents responding to his FOIA request.

This leads to another problem for those intending to challenge any finalized rule ATF issues on banning “bump stock”-type devices.

“ATF did not disclose that they had not examined the firearms prior to promulgating the rule,” firearms designer and Historic Arms, LLC President Len Savage notes. “And now that the comment period is closed should they go forward with this rule under the Administrative Procedure Act that information can not be used in a court challenge because it was not submitted prior to closing of comments.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


BBYC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 649
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:32 pm

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#407

Post by BBYC » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:19 pm

I wonder who told them to hide that evidence until after the comments period closed.
God, grant me serenity to accept the things I can't change
Courage to change the things I can
And the firepower to make a difference.

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 22
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#408

Post by bblhd672 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:50 pm

Feds Scramble as Vegas Shooter’s Girlfriend Reportedly Listed FBI as Place of Employment
https://thefreethoughtproject.com/maril ... -shooting/
Las Vegas, NV — A bombshell revelation in regard to the massacre that took place last October in Las Vegas has surfaced this week, suggesting that Stephan Paddock’s girlfriend, Marilou Danley could’ve been an FBI asset. According to a credit application, as reported by True Pundit, Danley listed the FBI as an employer.

This is the same Danley whose fingerprints were found on the ammunition used to murder 58 people on 1 October. The same Danley who admitted to law enforcement that she helped Paddock load the magazines Paddock would use that fateful night.

This is the same Danley who was reportedly visiting family in the Philippines at the time, and set her Facebook account to private at 12:38 a.m. and then deleted it entirely at 2:46 a.m.—nearly one hour before Paddock’s name was publicly released as the suspect in the shooting. The same Danley whose player’s card Paddock was using the night he murdered all those people.

According to the publicly available intelligence obtained from a consumer credit reporting bureau, Danley claimed she previously worked at the FBI. While anyone can certainly claim anyone else as an employer, according to True Pundit, they contacted the FBI who said their “bosses are concerned” over this revelation.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


MaduroBU
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:11 am

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#409

Post by MaduroBU » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:17 pm

All of the other mass shooters have wanted their victims to see and fear them. It has been a individuals who felt powerless gaining a transient sense of control through violence, and who kill themselves before that fleeting experience is ended by the LE response.

Paddock mirrored that pattern only in his suicide. Terrorism and terrorists are not focused upon themselves but upon a cause; their aims can be declared for them by others even after the fact. They don't require intimate contact with their victims because the sense of power and control is not the end goal. Paddock's distance from his victims and his apparent disinterest in being known or "finally understood" seem more similar to terrorism than to the "commando fantasy" shooters that we so often see.

Maybe we never make even the usual amount of sense of this crime, but it seems odd to me.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 79
Posts: 9882
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#410

Post by philip964 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:20 pm


User avatar

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:48 am

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#411

Post by bigtek » Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:16 pm

MaduroBU wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:17 pm
All of the other mass shooters have wanted their victims to see and fear them. It has been a individuals who felt powerless gaining a transient sense of control through violence, and who kill themselves before that fleeting experience is ended by the LE response.

Paddock mirrored that pattern only in his suicide. Terrorism and terrorists are not focused upon themselves but upon a cause; their aims can be declared for them by others even after the fact. They don't require intimate contact with their victims because the sense of power and control is not the end goal. Paddock's distance from his victims and his apparent disinterest in being known or "finally understood" seem more similar to terrorism than to the "commando fantasy" shooters that we so often see.

Maybe we never make even the usual amount of sense of this crime, but it seems odd to me.
It makes complete sense if it was a false flag operation. But that's just crazy talk, right?
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!


MaduroBU
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 535
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:11 am

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#412

Post by MaduroBU » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:51 pm

It makes sense if the terrorists figured out how to recruit through leverage.

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 2802
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#413

Post by Paladin » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:15 pm

bigtek wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:16 pm
MaduroBU wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:17 pm
All of the other mass shooters have wanted their victims to see and fear them. It has been a individuals who felt powerless gaining a transient sense of control through violence, and who kill themselves before that fleeting experience is ended by the LE response.

Paddock mirrored that pattern only in his suicide. Terrorism and terrorists are not focused upon themselves but upon a cause; their aims can be declared for them by others even after the fact. They don't require intimate contact with their victims because the sense of power and control is not the end goal. Paddock's distance from his victims and his apparent disinterest in being known or "finally understood" seem more similar to terrorism than to the "commando fantasy" shooters that we so often see.

Maybe we never make even the usual amount of sense of this crime, but it seems odd to me.
It makes complete sense if it was a false flag operation. But that's just crazy talk, right?
The craziest part is that the whole event is was so much like what Matthew Bracken wrote about in his book Enemies Foreign And Domestic
NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard


Abraham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 8399
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:43 am

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#414

Post by Abraham » Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:37 pm

...and this scenario/situation lures me into believing nothing is worth my time...it's all false...why bother, with anything, like some sci-fi movie all is fake...are we really alive or is our world is also fake...?

The lv situation is so beyond belief as to make me doubt I'm not living in some alternative universe....


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 79
Posts: 9882
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#415

Post by philip964 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 11:15 am


User avatar

Deltaboy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1108
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:52 pm
Location: Johnson County TX

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#416

Post by Deltaboy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:02 pm

Sad day prayers for the folks who survived and those who lost folks!
I 'm just an Ole Sinner saved by Grace and Smith & Wesson.

User avatar

bigtek
Banned
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 381
Joined: Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:48 am

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#417

Post by bigtek » Sat Oct 13, 2018 2:22 pm

Paladin wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:15 pm
bigtek wrote:
Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:16 pm
MaduroBU wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:17 pm
All of the other mass shooters have wanted their victims to see and fear them. It has been a individuals who felt powerless gaining a transient sense of control through violence, and who kill themselves before that fleeting experience is ended by the LE response.

Paddock mirrored that pattern only in his suicide. Terrorism and terrorists are not focused upon themselves but upon a cause; their aims can be declared for them by others even after the fact. They don't require intimate contact with their victims because the sense of power and control is not the end goal. Paddock's distance from his victims and his apparent disinterest in being known or "finally understood" seem more similar to terrorism than to the "commando fantasy" shooters that we so often see.

Maybe we never make even the usual amount of sense of this crime, but it seems odd to me.
It makes complete sense if it was a false flag operation. But that's just crazy talk, right?
The craziest part is that the whole event is was so much like what Matthew Bracken wrote about in his book Enemies Foreign And Domestic
Wow! Ten years ago it was tinfoil hat territory but after the Cirque de Kavanaugh, antifa violence, and so on, it doesn't seem so improbable.

Keep your powder dry.
Deck the halls with nitroglycerin
Fa la la la la la la la la!
Strike a match and see who's missin'
Fa la la la la la la la la!

User avatar

bbhack
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:34 pm
Location: San Antonio Area

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#418

Post by bbhack » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:33 pm

There are several things that fall under "crazy", the word used in the vernacular. Hearing voices. Over-reaction. Under-reaction. Improper reaction. And yes, making no sense at all. We want motives to explain what people do, and sometimes the motive is "crazy".
No Trespassing Violators Will Be Prosecuted


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#419

Post by TreyHouston » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:01 pm

FBI closes case.

MOVE ON, nothing to see here


Las Vegas shooting still a mystery as FBI closes investigation

https://www.foxnews.com/us/las-vegas-sh ... estigation
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


ninjabread
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: Las Vegas Mandalay Bay Active Shooter

#420

Post by ninjabread » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:28 pm

I'm not surprised. Why continue the charade after they got what they wanted?

:banghead:
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.


Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”