Today in Trump's new term as President

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 146
Posts: 5063
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2626

Post by Jusme » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:29 pm

mojo84 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:46 am
Funny how a couple posters seem to come out of the woodwork at the same time.

Here you go. www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5sGtj7QKQ
I watched this last night, when it aired. I have started recording all of his shows, and listen to his radio, in the afternoon.
I like this guy he had on. He didn't say that global warming is not true, only that it is not as great a warming as the government sponsored models have it. He also put it into perspective with regard to past warming trends, that could not have had any bearing on human, causation.
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 931
Posts: 9881
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2627

Post by philip964 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:44 pm

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-10- ... grant-army

Trump declare national emergency as Mexico loses control of invading army from their South.

Invading foreign army intends to influence mid term election.

Good chance they are all mercenaries.

The age of Crowds on Demand.

https://www.sacbee.com/news/business/ar ... 27190.html


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 35
Posts: 1261
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2628

Post by jason812 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:50 pm

Jusme wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:29 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:46 am
Funny how a couple posters seem to come out of the woodwork at the same time.

Here you go. www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5sGtj7QKQ
I watched this last night, when it aired. I have started recording all of his shows, and listen to his radio, in the afternoon.
I like this guy he had on. He didn't say that global warming is not true, only that it is not as great a warming as the government sponsored models have it. He also put it into perspective with regard to past warming trends, that could not have had any bearing on human, causation.
I have it recorded but have not watched that episode yet. I listen to him every day on the way home and record his show every week.

It's funny how nobody want's to acknowledge the big bright thing in the sky. It goes through cycles the same as the planet and when the solar activity goes up, so does the temperature on this rock. When solar activity goes down, it gets colder, kind of like the cycle we are in right now. Notice the talking points went from global warming to climate change? The reason, its not getting warmer, its getting cooler. There are things mankind does that affects the environment no doubt but it's not to the degree the left wants you to believe. Climate change or global warming or whatever it will be called next is just another tool to try to take power from the people.

User avatar

dale blanker
Banned
Posts in topic: 156
Posts: 385
Joined: Sat May 02, 2015 1:49 am

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2629

Post by dale blanker » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:52 pm

mojo84 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:46 am
Funny how a couple posters seem to come out of the woodwork at the same time.

Here you go. www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5sGtj7QKQ
On Dr Patrick Michaels featured in your youtube reference, follow the money...
Michaels has acknowledged that a large per cent of his funding came from the oil industry. Fossil fuel companies have helped fund Michaels' projects and his "advocacy science consulting firm". The Seattle Times reported that Michaels received fuel-industry funding, including money from the coal industry to publish his "climate journal".

Could Michaels' objectivity be at risk? Sure looks that way. Now you know the rest of the story... :tiphat:
"Fellowship, Leadership, Scholarship, Service." Anyone?

User avatar

mojo84
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 253
Posts: 8998
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:07 pm
Location: Boerne, TX (Kendall County)

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2630

Post by mojo84 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:59 pm

dale blanker wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:52 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:46 am
Funny how a couple posters seem to come out of the woodwork at the same time.

Here you go. www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5sGtj7QKQ
On Dr Patrick Michaels featured in your youtube reference, follow the money...
Michaels has acknowledged that a large per cent of his funding came from the oil industry. Fossil fuel companies have helped fund Michaels' projects and his "advocacy science consulting firm". The Seattle Times reported that Michaels received fuel-industry funding, including money from the coal industry to publish his "climate journal".

Could Michaels' objectivity be at risk? Sure looks that way. Now you know the rest of the story... :tiphat:
Now tell me specifically what facts he misrepresented.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 931
Posts: 9881
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2631

Post by philip964 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:06 pm

Since were on the affects of CO 2 in the atmosphere.

What is the current CO2 percentage in the Atmosphere right now?

1. Greater than 5%
2. 5 to 1%
3. 1% to .1%
4 less than .1%

Don’t look it up. Show us how much you know right here.

User avatar

bbhack
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 52
Posts: 314
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:34 pm
Location: San Antonio Area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2632

Post by bbhack » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:53 pm

dale blanker wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:52 pm
mojo84 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:46 am
Funny how a couple posters seem to come out of the woodwork at the same time.

Here you go. www.youtube.com/watch?v=fA5sGtj7QKQ
On Dr Patrick Michaels featured in your youtube reference, follow the money...
Michaels has acknowledged that a large per cent of his funding came from the oil industry. Fossil fuel companies have helped fund Michaels' projects and his "advocacy science consulting firm". The Seattle Times reported that Michaels received fuel-industry funding, including money from the coal industry to publish his "climate journal".

Could Michaels' objectivity be at risk? Sure looks that way. Now you know the rest of the story... :tiphat:
Scientific inquiry needs money, but no amount of money can create fake science that holds up, because of the way it must be presented to be understood. It's in the definition.

Now, data can be faked. Check with the IPCC about that - they are experts at faking data. It's why they have lost their cred.

"Parameterizing" = "fudging". Parameterizing data is not necessarily bad, but throwing away the original data is bad. They've done just that.

So attacking funding does not work. Falsifying data does work - to destroy your credibility. If the models are wrong, the validity of the input data does not even matter.
No Trespassing Violators Will Be Prosecuted

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 129
Posts: 8465
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2633

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:56 pm

More winning!

Republicans outpacing Democrats in early voting in key states, NBC News finds

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ds-n922881


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 83
Posts: 1770
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2634

Post by TreyHouston » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:04 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:56 pm
More winning!

Republicans outpacing Democrats in early voting in key states, NBC News finds

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... ds-n922881
Don’t worry, the liberal kids will get out and vote soon as they finish one more game on the PlayStation!!!!! :lol:
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 129
Posts: 8465
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2635

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:26 pm

LOL


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 931
Posts: 9881
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2636

Post by philip964 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:27 pm


User avatar

RoyGBiv
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 18
Posts: 7987
Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:41 am
Location: Fort Worth

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2637

Post by RoyGBiv » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:52 am

philip964 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:27 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/pres ... ota-center

Trump speaks in Houston!
I thought he came close to a major blunder talking about Harvey last night. I found myself holding my breath several times. Otherwise, was fun to watch. Was amusing to see several cutovers to people in the audience laughing about some of Trump’s Yankee vernacular. Looked like everyone was having a good time.

Amazing that there was 100,000 ticket requests.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Image
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 146
Posts: 5063
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2638

Post by Jusme » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:59 am

RoyGBiv wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:52 am
philip964 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:27 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/pres ... ota-center

Trump speaks in Houston!
I thought he came close to a major blunder talking about Harvey last night. I found myself holding my breath several times. Otherwise, was fun to watch. Was amusing to see several cutovers to people in the audience laughing about some of Trump’s Yankee vernacular. Looked like everyone was having a good time.

Amazing that there was 100,000 ticket requests.
I enjoyed his speech, but he seemed tired. There were several times, he had to correct himself,and it wasn't as fiery, as usual. But he has been on a killer schedule. I loved seeing all of those Texans turn out, especially, since Double Barrel Biden, couldn't get more than 200 to show up at his "rally"
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:


chuck j
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1983
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 12:44 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2639

Post by chuck j » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:14 am

Was glad to see Trump in Texas .


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 931
Posts: 9881
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: Today in Trump's new term as President

#2640

Post by philip964 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:26 am

RoyGBiv wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:52 am
philip964 wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:27 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/pres ... ota-center

Trump speaks in Houston!
I thought he came close to a major blunder talking about Harvey last night. I found myself holding my breath several times. Otherwise, was fun to watch. Was amusing to see several cutovers to people in the audience laughing about some of Trump’s Yankee vernacular. Looked like everyone was having a good time.

Amazing that there was 100,000 ticket requests.
Greg Abbott is a great speaker. Cruz and Dan Patrick as well. Trump did great, except for his Harvey talk about the Coast Guard, he has said before that people went out in the hurricane in little boats and they needed to be rescued by the Coast Guard. It was ill informed then, worse in front of Houstonians. Not sure who told him that, but he needs never to mention it again.

Everyone mentioned the second amendment. Cruz had Beto in the crosshairs with his votes in the House and an F from the NRA. Trump would have been the best speaker, if he had kept it to a half an hour, but he talked for at least an hour, and many people began leaving. Its hard to keep everyone at a high energy for that long as he was speaking past 8 pm. Most had been in line since before noon and had not eaten or had anything to drink for a long time. (I didn't have lunch) Only a 1/10 of the Toyota center vendors were open, so the lines for anything were impossible.

Everything that was said by all with the single exception of the little boats comment was right on the money.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”