Trump: Banning Suppressors?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

Post Reply
User avatar

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#1

Post by TexasJohnBoy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:35 pm

Trump: ‘We’re Going to Seriously Look’ At Banning Suppressors
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2019/ ... ppressors/

This is nuts.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 25216
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#2

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 pm

They can ban them all they want. It will seriously tick me off, but it won’t stop me from having one if I want one. I know where to buy solvent traps, and I know how to make a suppressor. My son is a very highly qualified machinist. Making our own parts off the books is not a problem....if we have to.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

ScottDLS
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4661
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:04 am
Location: DFW Area, TX

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#3

Post by ScottDLS » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm

Did anybody ever figure out whether the guy in Virginia Beach had a NFA registered suppressor, or did he get it at the machine gun bazaar and unregulated arms marketplace that is the Internet... :evil2:
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"


Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#4

Post by Redneck_Buddha » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 pm

One thing people have never been able to wrap their brains around on either side is that Trump really is not terribly conservative.

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#5

Post by bblhd672 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm

Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 pm
One thing people have never been able to wrap their brains around on either side is that Trump really is not terribly conservative.
Trump’s best attribute these days is “better than Hillary”.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


Redneck_Buddha
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1467
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:35 pm
Location: Little Elm, TX

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#6

Post by Redneck_Buddha » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:57 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 pm
One thing people have never been able to wrap their brains around on either side is that Trump really is not terribly conservative.
Trump’s best attribute these days is “better than Hillary”.
Pretty much. Very sad.


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#7

Post by jason812 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 pm
They can ban them all they want. It will seriously tick me off, but it won’t stop me from having one if I want one. I know where to buy solvent traps, and I know how to make a suppressor. My son is a very highly qualified machinist. Making our own parts off the books is not a problem....if we have to.
:iagree:
They are not hard to make. Even easier if you have the right tools and know how to use them. :coolgleamA:

Bump stocks were not a sword to die on, are suppressors?


jason812
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1249
Joined: Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:41 pm
Location: Central Texas

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#8

Post by jason812 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:44 pm

bblhd672 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm
Redneck_Buddha wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:13 pm
One thing people have never been able to wrap their brains around on either side is that Trump really is not terribly conservative.
Trump’s best attribute these days is “better than Hillary”.
Thats not saying much, I have a "better than Hillary" at least once a day.

Of all the campaign promises Trump made that he's actually keeping, his 2nd Amendment promises are ones that he seems willing to break. That will not be good for him if he does break them even more than he has.

User avatar

anygunanywhere
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 16
Posts: 7390
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:16 am
Location: La Grange, Texas

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#9

Post by anygunanywhere » Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:56 pm

jason812 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 pm
They can ban them all they want. It will seriously tick me off, but it won’t stop me from having one if I want one. I know where to buy solvent traps, and I know how to make a suppressor. My son is a very highly qualified machinist. Making our own parts off the books is not a problem....if we have to.
:iagree:
They are not hard to make. Even easier if you have the right tools and know how to use them. :coolgleamA:

Bump stocks were not a sword to die on, are suppressors?
By the time most of the so-called supporters of the Second Amendment decide what infringement will become the last straw, or which sword to die on, the tyrants will be kicking in doors. Those who actually owned bump stocks oxen were gored. Mine wasn't but I supported those who did. One of the things that people forget about the Second Amendment is that those people bought legal firearms accessories that were deemed NOT machine guns by the ATF. Then the ATF called them machine guns. Yes it was a small number but they were on our side.

Even more patriots own suppressors. I don't own one. Why would an item that is so heavily regulated be banned? Suppressors are legal to purchase all over Europe.

Think about it. All the ATF has to do is declare something is illegal. Turn it in or go to prison.

All someone has to do is tell the cops you are crazy. All your firearms get confiscated.

I'm pretty frustrated about this garbage. We had majorities in both houses and the White House for two years and the "I support the Second Amendment" GOP didn't do a stinking thing but run like Broward Cowards from the communists.
"The Second Amendment is absolute...If we refuse infringement to our Right to Keep and Bear Arms, as protected by the Second Amendment, we will never be burdened by tyranny, dictatorship, or subjugation - other than to bury those who attempt it. B.E.Wood

User avatar

AndyC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 10550
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Garland, TX

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#10

Post by AndyC » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:35 pm

ScottDLS wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm
Did anybody ever figure out whether the guy in Virginia Beach had a NFA registered suppressor, or did he get it at the machine gun bazaar and unregulated arms marketplace that is the Internet... :evil2:
I'm using the word "allegedly" because I'm seeing no evidence that he even had one - but yes, that's the ONE question I want answers for out of this whole shambles.
anygunanywhere wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:56 pm
I'm pretty frustrated about this garbage. We had majorities in both houses and the White House for two years and the "I support the Second Amendment" GOP didn't do a stinking thing but run like Broward Cowards from the communists.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Remember Kitty Genovese

Image

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club, Iraq
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners


roadkill
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 163
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:48 pm

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#11

Post by roadkill » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:43 pm

Unlike bumpstocks suppressors are all registered. This fact alone will make the outlaw of them and confiscation and compliance rate very interesting. Perhaps more folks will speak up and put money where needed. Those who have suppressors typically have a higher income than your regular gun owner. This event will definitely be popcorn worthy. Get ready for “4-D chess” and other excuses. In the end many will feel everything’s all right because it’s the right jack boot on their throat vs the left jack boot.

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#12

Post by bblhd672 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:57 pm

jason812 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:39 pm
Bump stocks were not a sword to die on, are suppressors?
Probably not to certain organizations that purports to be about protecting the right to keep and bear arms.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1682
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#13

Post by twomillenium » Wed Jun 05, 2019 8:44 pm

AndyC wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 7:35 pm
ScottDLS wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:02 pm
Did anybody ever figure out whether the guy in Virginia Beach had a NFA registered suppressor, or did he get it at the machine gun bazaar and unregulated arms marketplace that is the Internet... :evil2:
I'm using the word "allegedly" because I'm seeing no evidence that he even had one - but yes, that's the ONE question I want answers for out of this whole shambles.
anygunanywhere wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 6:56 pm
I'm pretty frustrated about this garbage. We had majorities in both houses and the White House for two years and the "I support the Second Amendment" GOP didn't do a stinking thing but run like Broward Cowards from the communists.
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
Just like bump-stocks, the reports never say that the perv-shooter actually used one.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

User avatar

Topic author
TexasJohnBoy
Banned
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 1999
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2015 4:21 pm
Location: North Texas

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#14

Post by TexasJohnBoy » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:51 pm

I’d really like something from the NRA on this. There needs to be a swift and loud response.
TSRA Member since 5/30/15; NRA Member since 10/31/14

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 6
Posts: 25216
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Trump: Banning Suppressors?

#15

Post by The Annoyed Man » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:00 pm

President Teddy Roosevelt owned a suppressed rifle, which he shot regularly at his home on Long Island (NY). I'd cite that example to anyone who objects to suppressors.

https://www.guns.com/news/2012/05/18/nr ... model-1894
Chiefly purposed for varminting on and around his property, Roosevelt had it modified and suppressed with a Maxim silencer, as to be kind to his neighbors. “The President’s rifle comes with the usual Roosevelt bells and whistles—the crescent buttplate, no raised check piece, as well as a little something extra; a threaded barrel. Yes, you guessed it, Roosevelt’s ’94 Winchester comes with it’s very own suppressor.”
Image
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

Post Reply

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”