Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 4811
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#16

Post by bblhd672 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:38 pm

crazy2medic wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:35 pm
Per the radio this morning, the shooter was Ex-military and had been to combat, seem to me this was suicide by law enforcment, considering he was trained in the use of a rifle and had experience, nobody else was hurt, seems to me he took the wrong path out of this world
Probably wasn't going to be enough media coverage for him if he took the easy way out and just ate a bullet at home.
The left lies about everything. Truth is a liberal value, and truth is a conservative value, but it has never been a left-wing value. People on the left say whatever advances their immediate agenda. Power is their moral lodestar; therefore, truth is always subservient to it. - Dennis Prager


LDP
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 233
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2018 6:15 pm

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#17

Post by LDP » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:48 pm

crazy2medic wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:35 pm
Per the radio this morning, the shooter was Ex-military and had been to combat, seem to me this was suicide by law enforcment, considering he was trained in the use of a rifle and had experience, nobody else was hurt, seems to me he took the wrong path out of this world
You are not the only one thinking that.
However, I am just not sure. From his cuckoo videos he posted on Fecesbook and elsewhere, I (personally) get the impression that he was more a little crazy in the head.
Last night's news only mentioned him having spent 2 years in the army, nothing about deployment. He didn't seem (to me) like a deployment kinda guy. More like one of them "support specialists" who runs Ethernet cables or such instead of seeing any actual combat. Again, just my opinion from seeing his actions on TV, I do not have any facts to back it up. (those should be coming soon)

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 8030
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#18

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:26 pm

crazy2medic wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:35 pm
Per the radio this morning, the shooter was Ex-military and had been to combat, seem to me this was suicide by law enforcment, considering he was trained in the use of a rifle and had experience, nobody else was hurt, seems to me he took the wrong path out of this world
:iagree:

User avatar

C-dub
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 12649
Joined: Sat May 16, 2009 7:18 pm
Location: DFW

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#19

Post by C-dub » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:05 pm

Hey! I'm extremely happy no one else was hurt or worse.

However, whatever this nut did in the Army and then to shoot up the building like he did and not hurt anyone seems really odd. Almost like he went out of his way to not hurt anyone given there were so many people out and about when he began shooting.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9141
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#20

Post by Beiruty » Tue Jun 18, 2019 10:08 pm

His shooting skills are horrible, evident by the fact he got shot in the first 15sec.
No use for cover whatsoever and he disengaged in the line of fire

I think it was suicide for the cookoo in him
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

OldCurlyWolf
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1254
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#21

Post by OldCurlyWolf » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:39 am

crazy2medic wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:35 pm
Per the radio this morning, the shooter was Ex-military and had been to combat, seem to me this was suicide by law enforcment, considering he was trained in the use of a rifle and had experience, nobody else was hurt, seems to me he took the wrong path out of this world
:iagree:
I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do those things to other people and I require the same of them.

Don’t pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he’ll just kill you.

User avatar

AF-Odin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 384
Joined: Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:00 pm
Location: Near Fort Hood

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#22

Post by AF-Odin » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:54 am

Only two years in the Army? Discharged as a PFC? Sounds like the Army got rid of him for something OTHER than disciplinary reasons.....maybe psychiatric problems? Definitely believe he was doing a SBC.
AF-Odin
Texas LTC & SSC Instructor
NRA Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection in the Home Instructor
NRA & TSRA Life Member

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 8030
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#23

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:39 am

https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/P ... 46392.html
Parents Defend Gunman at Earle Cabell Federal Building: 'He's Not a Monster'


Rubicon
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 39
Joined: Sat Mar 17, 2018 10:44 am

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#24

Post by Rubicon » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:40 pm

LDP wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:48 pm
crazy2medic wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:35 pm
Per the radio this morning, the shooter was Ex-military and had been to combat, seem to me this was suicide by law enforcment, considering he was trained in the use of a rifle and had experience, nobody else was hurt, seems to me he took the wrong path out of this world
You are not the only one thinking that.
However, I am just not sure. From his cuckoo videos he posted on Fecesbook and elsewhere, I (personally) get the impression that he was more a little crazy in the head.
Last night's news only mentioned him having spent 2 years in the army, nothing about deployment. He didn't seem (to me) like a deployment kinda guy. More like one of them "support specialists" who runs Ethernet cables or such instead of seeing any actual combat. Again, just my opinion from seeing his actions on TV, I do not have any facts to back it up. (those should be coming soon)
A free LTC is a free LTC.
the die is cast

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9141
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#25

Post by Beiruty » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:21 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:39 am
https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/P ... 46392.html
Parents Defend Gunman at Earle Cabell Federal Building: 'He's Not a Monster'
He wanted to be shot and killed.
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 8030
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#26

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:29 pm

Beiruty wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:21 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:39 am
https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/P ... 46392.html
Parents Defend Gunman at Earle Cabell Federal Building: 'He's Not a Monster'
He wanted to be shot and killed.
It sure looks like it. Thank goodness he did not kill anyone in the process.

User avatar

Topic author
carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 10120
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#27

Post by carlson1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:03 pm

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:29 pm
Beiruty wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:21 pm
03Lightningrocks wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:39 am
https://www.nbcdfw.com/investigations/P ... 46392.html
Parents Defend Gunman at Earle Cabell Federal Building: 'He's Not a Monster'
He wanted to be shot and killed.
It sure looks like it. Thank goodness he did not kill anyone in the process.
He was shooting the actual marble building. He never shot at anyone in particular. The most dangerous part was when he shot the glass. He was no doubt trying to die he just couldn’t pull the trigger himself.

An average of 22 veterans commit suicide a day. I pray several times a day for our troops and our veterans. I think sometimes we forget we are still at war.
Image

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 8030
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#28

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:36 pm

:iagree: :patriot:

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9141
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#29

Post by Beiruty » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:44 pm

I believe he was shot by the security who came around the building (from video point of the view lower right corner)
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

User avatar

Topic author
carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 10120
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Shooter at the Earle Cabell Federal Building

#30

Post by carlson1 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:03 pm

Beiruty wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:44 pm
I believe he was shot by the security who came around the building (from video point of the view lower right corner)
:iagree:
Image

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”