Help identifying rattler!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Nickgibson72
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

Post by Nickgibson72 »

Still no word on this guy?

carlson1
Posts in topic: 8

Post by carlson1 »

I am afraid something bad may have happened. He doesn’t have an email address on file. I have looked at several of his post and I can’t even find the area he lives in. Still praying.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 15

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I was thinking he finally went to hospital and is undergoing treatment for the bite area. Waiting like he did allows the venom to do lots of damage around bite site. I am hoping for the best. He usually posted at least once a day.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Keith B »

I tried reaching out to an email address he registered from, but no response. Even tried to associate the email address to a phone number and the number it links to said it’s not them or family. Unless someone knows more info on the member like location, real name, etc, we may never be able to trace anything down.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

I've been thinking about him, I really hope he's ok.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

DocV
Posts in topic: 4

Post by DocV »

I have been searching for news about any reported snake bites to no avail. :(

TreyHouston
Posts in topic: 3

Post by TreyHouston »

We all have rattle snake stories, man, they are loud! But don’t forget the lesson here, LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE!
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 5

Post by SewTexas »

TreyHouston wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:51 pm We all have rattle snake stories, man, they are loud! But don’t forget the lesson here, LISTEN TO YOUR WIFE!
exactly
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

krieghoff

Post by krieghoff »

If I happened to get bit I would listen to my own self first. Call a buddy en route so he can either follow me or see that I get there. 20 miles to town and hospital is first building on the left!!
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

jason812
Posts in topic: 2

Post by jason812 »

krieghoff wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:37 pm If I happened to get bit I would listen to my own self first. Call a buddy en route so he can either follow me or see that I get there. 20 miles to town and hospital is first building on the left!!
I haven't timed how far it is to the hospital but I'm guessing minimum 20 minutes. I read years ago on another forum about a guy who described what it was like to get bit by a rattlesnake. He thought he was fine until he was half way to the hospital driving himself. What he described, he was lucky to make it without having a wreck. Apparently it was like having a vertigo.
In certain extreme situations, the law is inadequate. In order to shame its inadequacy, it is necessary to act outside the law to pursue a natural justice.

carlson1
Posts in topic: 8

Post by carlson1 »

krieghoff

Post by krieghoff »

carlson1 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:09 pm911
Out in this part of the world, 911 is not the best option. More than once they have gotten lost getting to the ranch. Takes them about 45 minutes when call is placed. That's the reason I said what I did earlier. I can pass by several friends on the way in. Stop and let one of them drive. Can sure beat that time.
NRA Benefactor Life Member
NSCA Life Member
Native Texan
CHL Holder Since 1996

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 15

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

One of the problems with rattle snake bites is that one is very likely to be a fair distance out in the sticks. The odds of me coming across a rattler in Plano Texas are about the same as getting a lotto win. But if I do get bit, the hospital is about ten minutes from anywhere in town one happens to be.

Return to “Off-Topic”