Help identifying rattler!!

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: Charles L. Cotton, carlson1

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 8470
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#76

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:59 am

I am happy to read you are doing better. I get the hesitation to go to the hospital. I am guilty of this also. I almost lost my arm due to a serious staph infection. Ended up in hospital for 8 days.

Doctors have become terrified to give pain meds. Thanks to government over reach. Welcome back and hope you get better soon.

User avatar

carlson1
Moderator
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 10255
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2005 1:11 am

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#77

Post by carlson1 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:20 am

I am sure glad you survived. I can’t even imagine the pain and side effects you had to have, but now you know just go to the hospital.

I want go into my hospital visits you can just read in the prayer sections about just few of my many stays due to my heart. There are some doctors who have zero bed manners, but that is a small number. Most really want to help you. As said above pain meds are just about over. I see a pain management doctor ever month and there are a lot hoops jump through.

Get better and still praying.
Image

User avatar

stever1950
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 91
Joined: Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#78

Post by stever1950 » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:09 am

Glad you're back and almost healed.
"Resistance to sudden violence, for the preservation not only of my person, my limbs, and life, but of my property, is an indisputable right of nature which I have never surrendered to the public by the compact of society, and which perhaps, I could not surrender if I would." John Adams

User avatar

DocV
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1066
Joined: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#79

Post by DocV » Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:11 am

I am sorry that you went throught that but am very happy you survived. Getting high snake boots sound like a great idea! Perhaps some snake proof gloves for working near where rattlers might be hiding?
NRA Lifetime Member
I was addicted to the hokey-pokey, but I turned myself around.


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2017
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#80

Post by K.Mooneyham » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:44 am

I'll add to the chorus of well-wishes for a continuing recovery. :thumbs2:


strogg
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 634
Joined: Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:51 pm
Location: DFW (Denton County)

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#81

Post by strogg » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:45 pm

I'm glad things are on the up and up after the bite. That was a scary first read.

User avatar

ELB
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 7224
Joined: Tue May 22, 2007 9:34 pm
Location: Seguin

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#82

Post by ELB » Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:53 pm

Welcome back, I hope the rest of the recovery is speedy and as painless as possible.

I have a family member who has to the deal with pain management and the whole opioid debacle is much like gun control. It doesn’t matter if the criminals are controlled or not but will make things tough for the law abiding.
USAF 1982-2005
____________
“The only thing more enjoyable than seeing your opponent lose an election they rigged is seeing them lose an investigation they rigged.” Author unknown but dead on the mark.


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1771
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#83

Post by TreyHouston » Sat Aug 24, 2019 11:25 pm

Im glad your getting better. I have thought and prayed that your OK. Get some rest sir.
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:


JRG
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 806
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:57 pm
Location: Altoona, IA

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#84

Post by JRG » Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:24 am

So glad you are doing better and also that you got back on the forum to let us know!!

Hang in there!

Joe

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 25295
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#85

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 am

ELB wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:53 pm
Welcome back, I hope the rest of the recovery is speedy and as painless as possible.

I have a family member who has to the deal with pain management and the whole opioid debacle is much like gun control. It doesn’t matter if the criminals are controlled or not but will make things tough for the law abiding.
This has become my worry. I have a prescription with refills for tramadol. I actually don't take it very often....maybe not more than 3-4x/month. But when I need it, it’s the only thing that works. I usually take acetaminophen most but not all days of the week, 1st thing in the morning after getting up. That loosens my back and other joints up enough to get through the day in pretty good shape. But when it’s not enough, it’s just not enough. I don't believe in unnecessary suffering, and that’s when I’ll take a tramadol. The monthly prescription is for 45 tablets, to be taken 1 at a time up to 4x daily, with 4 months worth total prescribed. I haven’t taken 4 pills in one day in years....even on a pretty bad day.

But here’s the thing.... and this is my reaction to the increasing crackdown on opioids.... I refill that prescription each month, even though I’ll typically have most of the previous refill still unused. That is much easier (and cheaper) than letting the prescription expire before I can buy all of the refills, and then having to make another doctor appointment and jump through those hoops again to get another prescription ordered, when nothing has really changed. I have a chronic back problem, with hardware in my spine, and the situation isn’t ever going to go away. Managing my pain this way is for MY convenience, and the gov’t be damned. It means that I can restrict my trips to the doctor to my semi-annual wellness checkups, and get anything that needs refilling reordered on those visits.

My doctor knows I’m doing this. He’s not stupid, but he knows this because I tell him that’s what I do. In other words, he knows that I’m not abusing my meds. But the state assumes the worst about me, because some people do abuse their meds.

Stupid gov’t. :mad5

I saw this on Twitter yesterday, from the official Twitter account of the Pennsylvania state treasury:


Do you believe that?
.....the government could do a way better job of spending my money and running my life than I can.
And the great irony is that THIS WAS POSTED BY A GOV'T EMPLOYEE! How is it even possible that gov’t employs someone who can’t even manage their own life, to help manage the state's treasury? It’s beyond stupid! It’s insane.

This is how the gov’t views guns. This is how they view the relationship between a private physician and a private citizen. It’s how they view ALL of it. It’s time to burn it all down.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#86

Post by Liberty » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:53 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 am

Stupid gov’t. :mad5

I saw this on Twitter yesterday, from the official Twitter account of the Pennsylvania state treasury:


Do you believe that?
.....the government could do a way better job of spending my money and running my life than I can.
And the great irony is that THIS WAS POSTED BY A GOV'T EMPLOYEE! How is it even possible that gov’t employs someone who can’t even manage their own life, to help manage the state's treasury? It’s beyond stupid! It’s insane.

This is how the gov’t views guns. This is how they view the relationship between a private physician and a private citizen. It’s how they view ALL of it. It’s time to burn it all down.
I think you missed the sarcasm. At least I hope it was sarcasm.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 25295
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#87

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:57 am

Liberty wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:53 am
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 am

Stupid gov’t. :mad5

I saw this on Twitter yesterday, from the official Twitter account of the Pennsylvania state treasury:


Do you believe that?
.....the government could do a way better job of spending my money and running my life than I can.
And the great irony is that THIS WAS POSTED BY A GOV'T EMPLOYEE! How is it even possible that gov’t employs someone who can’t even manage their own life, to help manage the state's treasury? It’s beyond stupid! It’s insane.

This is how the gov’t views guns. This is how they view the relationship between a private physician and a private citizen. It’s how they view ALL of it. It’s time to burn it all down.
I think you missed the sarcasm. At least I hope it was sarcasm.
Nope. Read that thread. The individual who posted it was disputing another's anti-socialism statement.
Attachments
E8445222-CB13-45A9-B00B-E3E0872AED7E.jpeg
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 6177
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#88

Post by Liberty » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:14 am

I saw this part as a joke:
I'm up tweeting at 3am. I have unfolded clean laundry piled up from 3 weeks ago. Help me, government.
I have no idea what this guys politcs are but, 3:00 AM tweets by public officials are probably not a great idea.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 15
Posts: 8470
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#89

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:41 am

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 am

But here’s the thing.... and this is my reaction to the increasing crackdown on opioids.... I refill that prescription each month, even though I’ll typically have most of the previous refill still unused. That is much easier (and cheaper) than letting the prescription expire before I can buy all of the refills, and then having to make another doctor appointment and jump through those hoops again to get another prescription ordered, when nothing has really changed. I have a chronic back problem, with hardware in my spine, and the situation isn’t ever going to go away. Managing my pain this way is for MY convenience, and the gov’t be damned. It means that I can restrict my trips to the doctor to my semi-annual wellness checkups, and get anything that needs refilling reordered on those visits.

My doctor knows I’m doing this. He’s not stupid, but he knows this because I tell him that’s what I do. In other words, he knows that I’m not abusing my meds. But the state assumes the worst about me, because some people do abuse their meds.
They assume you are selling the extra pills since that is what some folks on medicare or other government assistance programs do for extra money with their meds.

User avatar

The Annoyed Man
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 8
Posts: 25295
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:59 pm
Location: North Richland Hills, Texas
Contact:

Re: Help identifying rattler!!

#90

Post by The Annoyed Man » Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:53 am

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 9:41 am
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:41 am

But here’s the thing.... and this is my reaction to the increasing crackdown on opioids.... I refill that prescription each month, even though I’ll typically have most of the previous refill still unused. That is much easier (and cheaper) than letting the prescription expire before I can buy all of the refills, and then having to make another doctor appointment and jump through those hoops again to get another prescription ordered, when nothing has really changed. I have a chronic back problem, with hardware in my spine, and the situation isn’t ever going to go away. Managing my pain this way is for MY convenience, and the gov’t be damned. It means that I can restrict my trips to the doctor to my semi-annual wellness checkups, and get anything that needs refilling reordered on those visits.

My doctor knows I’m doing this. He’s not stupid, but he knows this because I tell him that’s what I do. In other words, he knows that I’m not abusing my meds. But the state assumes the worst about me, because some people do abuse their meds.
They assume you are selling the extra pills since that is what some folks on medicare or other government assistance programs do for extra money with their meds.
"They" might assume such, but that has no more validity than assuming that I sell all the guns i buy out of the trunk of my car to ghetto rats. I don’t. And I resent the crap out of that assumption. My DOCTOR and I know that I’m not, and those are the only opinions that should matter. And JUST as with guns, I have to jump through additional hoops, because SOME people will misbehave. But all the laws in the world aren't going to stop their misbehavior. All those laws do is make the lives of the law-abiding like myself more complicated and inconvenient than they need to be.
Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself.—Hookalakah Meshobbab
I don't carry because of the odds, I carry because of the stakes.—The Annoyed Boy
My dream is to have lived my life so well that future generations of leftists will demand my name be removed from buildings.

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”